Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin And Lots Of Bumps

MemberMember
(@rdeguz)

Posted : 05/25/2012 6:35 pm

Hi! Well i have oily skin but that doesn't really concern me because i've seen people with flawless skin with oily skin and i heard it's beneficial in some ways. What i'm really concerned about is the bumps on my face. i have no idea what they are. They might be white heads, but i don't know. When i run my hands on my face i feel so many tiny bumps especially around my jawline and just the outline of my face. Sometimes i would be able to push some out and there not liquidity, they are hard little yellowish-brownish things lol. I would occasionally get those annoying pimples but they go away fast with the spot treatment. But these things wont go away. Sometimes my face looks smooth in some lighting but sometimes you can see the bumps and it is very annoying! These bumps are sometimes the color of my skin and they sometimes turn red which i believe is because they are irritated. I don't know what to use to prevent these from forming and to also make the ones i have now go away.

I'm very confused with what to do because theres people tell me to shrink my pores but why shrink it if im trying to get the stuff out... its clogged i dont want it to be clogged even more!!. What products should i use to help me get rid of these things? My face is oily and i believe its whites heads... so please help!

Right now i'm using cetaphil oily skin cleanser, neutrogena toner (alcohol free) that i use once a day and a exfoliator that I only use once a week...

I dont think its whiteheads because its not puss that comes out its these hard little things that come out. i donno how to describe it, but its definitively not puss. And the dont appear white they hard like the color of my skin and some are red

MemberMember
(@rdeguz)

Posted : 05/28/2012 2:27 am

no ones going to answer....

MemberMember
(@dialc123)

Posted : 06/02/2012 8:26 pm

I'm knew to this site and I saw your post and read through it and it sounds like EXACTLY what I'm going through. I wouldn't call it acne because when I try sqeezing some of them nothing comes out! In certain lighting it looks soooo bad!!! It just looks like hundreds of little bumps all over my face. I will attach a picture hopefully this looks like yours. Ok it was really hard to get a good picture because my camera sucks and they only "show up" in that weird lighting. But I got a close up and it basically looks like that but all over my cheeks and chin.

post-177697-0-23375400-1338686755_thumb.

post-177697-0-23375400-1338686755_thumb.

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 06/02/2012 8:46 pm

clogged pores from excess sebum. Try using a mask a few times a week maybe mud or clay or sulphur.

Aside from that check into meds which reduce oil like pantothen or spior if youre female. Sometimes if you get them out they go away but some of them turn into pimples if they get inflamed. I hate these!!!

I hate oily skin as much as acne, I plan to take accutane in a few momths if my current regime doesnt work. Not saying you should just saying.

I'm knew to this site and I saw your post and read through it and it sounds like EXACTLY what I'm going through. I wouldn't call it acne because when I try sqeezing some of them nothing comes out! In certain lighting it looks soooo bad!!! It just looks like hundreds of little bumps all over my face. I will attach a picture hopefully this looks like yours. Ok it was really hard to get a good picture because my camera sucks and they only "show up" in that weird lighting. But I got a close up and it basically looks like that but all over my cheeks and chin.

MemberMember
(@dialc123)

Posted : 06/04/2012 4:14 pm

clogged pores from excess sebum. Try using a mask a few times a week maybe mud or clay or sulphur.

Aside from that check into meds which reduce oil like pantothen or spior if youre female. Sometimes if you get them out they go away but some of them turn into pimples if they get inflamed. I hate these!!!

I hate oily skin as much as acne, I plan to take accutane in a few momths if my current regime doesnt work. Not saying you should just saying.

Is this something that you are also experiancing? And yeah I'm a girl. I have the oilest skin in the world. I literally take a shower and within 30 min my face looks super!! oily. Even when I apply makeup I have to blot the oil on my face 15 min after. I have this Clay Mask that has Avocado and Oatmeal. Would that work?

MemberMember
(@smileysteffe)

Posted : 06/14/2012 3:44 pm

What foundation do you use ? if you do use one? I used to get these, when you squeeze them its like a hard little worm comes out of them that is a transluant colour, and then the ones i may have squeezed would get infected and turn in to red sore spots.....I changed my foundation and they seem to have stopped forming, i also started apply a clay based mask once a week which may have helped clear them out.....hope that might help abit! :)

MemberMember
(@kin92)

Posted : 06/15/2012 1:34 am

Maybe you could use a BHA? A leave on product. I had many clogged little bumps on my face after I tried doing the oil cleansing method (bad idea) and using a BHA everyday , day/night really cleared them up and helps with oily skin especially

MemberMember
(@dialc123)

Posted : 06/29/2012 2:51 am

What foundation do you use ? if you do use one? I used to get these, when you squeeze them its like a hard little worm comes out of them that is a transluant colour, and then the ones i may have squeezed would get infected and turn in to red sore spots.....I changed my foundation and they seem to have stopped forming, i also started apply a clay based mask once a week which may have helped clear them out.....hope that might help abit! smile.png

Well I am currently not using any foundation and have not been for about a month now and they are the same. I hate it because its not even that I have like zits its just all these little white flesh colored bumps all!!! over my cheeks.

MemberMember
(@wdva)

Posted : 04/13/2013 5:05 am

In reference with the Dialc123 , can someone tell me how on earth u r supoosed to get rid of those ? because i have started to get alot and alot of those these days!

MemberMember
(@earlyman430)

Posted : 07/11/2013 2:15 pm

I get these small bumps on my forehead and now they are breaking out on my cheeks I tried squeezing them but nothing came out and the bumps don't go away I'm a male and would like any help in trying to get rid of these bumps,

MemberMember
(@splodge2)

Posted : 07/28/2013 1:02 pm

Hi,

I think i'm having the same problem however , I don't really think its acne.

Every time i try and squeeze them nothing comes out and my face just ends up getting all red.

I'll attach a pic.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b9ed13775c&view=att&th=140266ed29854a76&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-MyEc9xQ72587oMLLDOlEI&sadet=1375034533300&sads=8yBfx8miQQzdneVePaVIF51pEr8

how do i get rid of these :(

MemberMember
(@understatement)

Posted : 07/28/2013 3:31 pm

I have this same problem. It happened when i got off the BC pill and the issue was never really solved. After I changed foundations they seemed to stop a bit, along with taking Saw Palmetto. I've also incorporated an exfoliating scrub every other day and that helps TREMENDOUSLY!! Also, Proactiv refining mask has sulfur in it and it also does wonders. I still have a few little tiny bumps but its definitely not like it was before. The doctor prescribed me Clindamycin which seemed to work after about three months but since it's an antibacterial it's probably going to stop working soon (been using it for 6 months or so).

MemberMember
(@splodge2)

Posted : 07/28/2013 7:31 pm

I'm on a Bc pill at the moment, but I dont think that's the problem as I have been on that pill for 4 years! is proactive really good. I think the Us one is different to the UK.

anything to get rid of them. I have a wedding invasion month and I really want flawless skin.

MemberMember
(@lili000)

Posted : 11/20/2013 3:41 pm

I have this as well I hate them I tried Clinique nd it made it worse here's a picture

post-362073-0-88972600-1384980095_thumb.

post-362073-0-81998400-1384980111_thumb.

post-362073-0-88972600-1384980095_thumb.

post-362073-0-81998400-1384980111_thumb.

MemberMember
(@boze7913)

Posted : 01/30/2014 4:37 pm

How would BHA help? Isnt that one of the anti-again products? I do have the same problem and I have tried different products including proactive, Neutrogena, Clearasil, and diff regular soap which seems to dry my skin and not make it as oily as fast. But I cant get rid of these bumps. Has anyone tried anything that has actually worked?

MemberMember
(@gabby-panda)

Posted : 02/20/2014 10:09 pm

Get a facial from the spa

MemberMember
(@carmenblack87)

Posted : 03/25/2014 3:40 pm

Hi. I don't know if anyone is reading this topic, but I have exactly the same problem, so I'm going to write what I observed on myself. I've been dealing with it for many years but it doesn't seem to go away. All I know from what I've read is that you should avoid products contaning ingredients that can clog your pores, such as silicones, glycerin or talc. I've been switching products from one to another and nothing works for me. I read ingredients before I buy something but it is really hard to find cosmetics that won't make it worse. I've tried using mineral foundation but as it turns out, titanium dioxide can clog pores and cause irritation when it mixes with sebum. My dermatologist once told me that I should just stop using anything on my skin. Only wash my face with a gentle cleanser and that's it. But I can't imagine going somewhere without makeup and sometimes my skin seems so dry, although it's oily, that I just have to use some moisturizer. And what about sun protection?

If somebody will read this, could you recommend some silocone-, paraben-, titanium dioxide-free sunscreen and foundation?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@th0306)

Posted : 09/26/2014 6:14 pm

Has anyone been to a doctor about this? I have the same issue and it's devastating. I went from flawless skin to a ton of these tiny bumps that I messed with, now I have a ton of redness and splotchy spots on my cheeks. I started a Tretinoin called Atralin that I used a few year ago that cleared up my acne from my teen years. I'm now 21 and having issues with these same small bumps. Can't get into see a derm because they're so booked. I've tried everything and they will not go away. I also use CeraVe lotion morning and night.

MemberMember
(@sofiahelena)

Posted : 09/28/2014 12:39 am

Hi. I don't know if anyone is reading this topic, but I have exactly the same problem, so I'm going to write what I observed on myself. I've been dealing with it for many years but it doesn't seem to go away. All I know from what I've read is that you should avoid products contaning ingredients that can clog your pores, such as silicones, glycerin or talc. I've been switching products from one to another and nothing works for me. I read ingredients before I buy something but it is really hard to find cosmetics that won't make it worse. I've tried using mineral foundation but as it turns out, titanium dioxide can clog pores and cause irritation when it mixes with sebum. My dermatologist once told me that I should just stop using anything on my skin. Only wash my face with a gentle cleanser and that's it. But I can't imagine going somewhere without makeup and sometimes my skin seems so dry, although it's oily, that I just have to use some moisturizer. And what about sun protection?

If somebody will read this, could you recommend some silocone-, paraben-, titanium dioxide-free sunscreen and foundation?

Thanks

I work in cosmetics and if your looking for a really good sunscrean free from all those nasties, try COOLA they have an awesome range of sunscreens for face and body, and it's organic too which is a bonus, hope this helps.