Notifications
Clear all

How To Take Care Of Acne Naturally.

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/22/2012 3:28 pm

Hey all, It's been a while but I've been experimenting with how I'm getting acne. Truth is...those products that you see on commercials like proactiv where they only show people with mild acne being cured by this. Sure, external creams can help some people, but it isn't necessary for some people to even use creams or other stuff on their face...I think it's all a scam. I've spent a while trying to experiment such as spending a week of eating nothing but greasy fast foods as well as spending a week or so eating really healthy food and eating certain types of food for a while to see what their effects are.

I used to have severe acne all over my face with my oily skin and it drove me nuts since I didn't know what the hell was doing it to me. I started reading articles about all these nutritional things I'd have to take to get rid of it such as taking a crapload of vitamins and minerals as well as drinking some nasty stuff.

I realized I didn't want to be a slave and wasting my money on these vitamins to handle my acne. So I decided to start eating healthy by eliminating processed carbohydrates such as white breads, pasta etc., sugar foods, beans and legumes, fried foods. All I ate was grilled chicken, added complex carbs such as whole wheat breads (not too much), and salads. My skin cleared up dramatically and I didn't even have to take vitamins or any other supplements. I found that if you avoid eating certain foods that your body cannot process well will eliminate your acne. I have oily skin and I didn't even have to use cleansers etc and just by eating healthier, my skin got less oily and I felt less shitty lol.

But to make things easier here are the diet that I follow and since I don't want my acne to run my life, I always add in cheat meals too.

For breakfast: I would just head to subway and get their 6 inch whole wheat bread with terriyaki chicken: added a whole bunch of vegetables and I also get myself a cookie. For drinks, I always drink water and avoid sugar drinks.

For lunch: I would grill my own chicken that I marinade and since I workout, this helps me a lot. I avoid taking protein powders,creatine, etc since they will cause me to breakout. I also avoid eggs because hormonal imbalance caused by these eggs as well as dairy. I always follow my grilled chicken with gluten free oats called "red mill" I believe for added calories since I workout. Keep in mind, that I eat a lot of chicken every 3 or so hours since I want to gain weight, but you don't have to If you're not interested in gaining weight.

For Dinner: I would make myself a salad and eat more grilled chicken.

Overall Health: I would ultimately take a vitamin time after time just to be healthier, but i don't notice it helping me with acne if I just take vitamins and eat foods that causes me to breakout.

Things to avoid: stress, chocolate, sugar, white breads etc, dairy, beans & legumes; lentils (cause major back acne for me and once I stopped eating them they disappeared).

Ultimately, everyone's body is different, so you could be allergic to different types of foods as well, but you can experiment. These are some things that I do and hopefully this will work out ya.

post-146695-0-92411000-1332447985_thumb. when acne attacked big time

post-146695-0-62413200-1332448122.jpg fixed acne

post-146695-0-62413200-1332448122.jpg

MemberMember
(@younnn)

Posted : 03/22/2012 3:31 pm

Did you ever eat something you regretted and your acne looked worse the next day? That's basically what i just did, i was doing so good and my acne and marks looked much less.. then i ate something fro DOminos pizza last night, my face in the morning looks worse.. will it calm down?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/22/2012 3:35 pm

Did you ever eat something you regretted and your acne looked worse the next day? That's basically what i just did, i was doing so good and my acne and marks looked much less.. then i ate something fro DOminos pizza last night, my face in the morning looks worse.. will it calm down?

haha dude, I do all the time. Sometimes I can eat disgustingly bad foods for a week and no acne shows up, but then a week later it'll just explode on me cause sometimes it takes time for acne to pop up. But I sometimes have cheat meals and it'll pop up, but sometimes I also use benzoyl peroxide on one a lump I feel popping up and It kinda helps I guess. Once I eat just nothing but healthy foods against the acne disappears.

But yeah, I always regret and feel bad after eating that cheat meal even though it tasted soooo dammmm goooodddd

MemberMember
(@younnn)

Posted : 03/22/2012 3:38 pm

I know man it really sucks... i have red marks, quite alot to, and they were looking pretty good, a slight pinkish color and you can tell they were fading... Now this morning, they looked so discolored, my skin tone looks uneven, and the marks look red... i just hope it calms back down

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/22/2012 3:42 pm

You shouldn't think about acne too much cause that causes stress and that'll just make things worse. If you put it in your head as you don't want this image of yourself portrayed anymore and think about it when you are about to eat unhealthy food, then you will not even touch that food. It's tough to avoid unhealthy foods, but if you want your skin to be acne free and not feel like shit or guilty, you gotta have your will be stronger then your stomach.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 03/23/2012 2:44 pm

Agree with you. This is the best way to stay clear in the long run.

But suprised about the bean & legumes causing spots? Makes little sense.

Would say it is still important to wash your face once a day, but use something gentle on your skin. Or at least wash your face with water in the shower.

Interesting article here with links to some scientific research. http://www.purelynaturalskin.co.uk/articles/acne/high-gi-foods-what-causes-spots/

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 03/23/2012 9:29 pm

I am a vegan raw and treating my acne naturally. I just stopped using proactiv like 4 months ago, even though I was clear and I did expected to breakout.. I just didn't want to apply chemicals on my skin. I only apply apple cider vinegar on my entire face and leave it on overnight. Also, I do apply Aloe vera (fresh) just on zits and scars. I apply aloe vera (fresh) on some zits and scars and I apply raw apple cider vinegar at night.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 03/23/2012 9:47 pm

This topic consists of just us boys smile.png...

I am eating much better now and my skin has gotten much better. By better I mean, I only see like 1 or 2 NEW bumps every week. That's huge improvement.

One time I ate cheesecake, then a costco Pizza the next day. Result? The day after that I had 2 pimples on my nose, and a lot of painful bumps, week later acnes were everywhere. So then i realized that diet really did affect my acne and I am a teen.

So I always try to say no to bad foods. I also stopped overeating and decided to give my stomach a break by eating only apples and drinking waters when I am looking for a snack.

Right now, I have half of the old pimples healing and fading, just 1 on my nose which is right now healing also. Then I got few bumps around my eyebrows, other than that my skin got much better. Oh and I also wash my skin only once a day now smile.png. Washing less seemed to make my skin much less oily and the feeling of awful inflammation and irritation went away. I cant believe I used to put BP on my skin before, it was killing my skin. Just not worth it.

Topical treatments speed up the fading process by like 40%? It does nothing else other than that except making your skin more acne prone.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/25/2012 10:41 am

Can beans really aggravate acne? I have a tin of reduced sugar and salt baked beans on wholemeal toast every morning.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 03/25/2012 1:23 pm

Can beans really aggravate acne? I have a tin of reduced sugar and salt baked beans on wholemeal toast every morning.

No beans as in kidney beans, legumes, lentils and pinto beans doesn't excacerbate acne there anti inflammatory products. Salt on the other hand, adding to much salt on the beans can cause a spike in insulin, which does aggravate acne and cause flare ups. Beans taste good without any salt. At least I think so .

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 03/25/2012 4:25 pm

I agree that eating bad food can worsen acne but I also found out that once you find an effective regime, you can eat almost anything and not have to worry about it. When I had acne issues, sure a burger and fries would just make things worse for my skin. But after I found out proper washing/treatment, that completely overtook any diet causes. I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about breaking out because of it. Everything in moderation!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 03/25/2012 5:03 pm

No beans as in kidney beans, legumes, lentils and pinto beans doesn't excacerbate acne theyre anti inflammatory products. Salt on the other hand, adding to much salt on the beans can cause a spike in insulin, which does aggravate acne and cause flare ups. Beans taste good without any salt. At least I think so .

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/26/2012 4:35 pm

No beans as in kidney beans, legumes, lentils and pinto beans doesn't excacerbate acne theyre anti inflammatory products. Salt on the other hand, adding to much salt on the beans can cause a spike in insulin, which does aggravate acne and cause flare ups. Beans taste good without any salt. At least I think so .

Lentils caused major back shoulder acne for me as well as the forehead. When I stopped, it went away. Peanut butter also causes acne for me... You can't say a certain food doesn't cause acne because your body's different than others. You just gotta experiment for yourself

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/26/2012 5:12 pm

Agree with you. This is the best way to stay clear in the long run.

But suprised about the bean & legumes causing spots? Makes little sense.

Would say it is still important to wash your face once a day, but use something gentle on your skin. Or at least wash your face with water in the shower.

Interesting article here with links to some scientific research. http://www.purelynat...t-causes-spots/

well there are many factors that can cause acne which are still unknown. I was surprised when I got acne from eating lentils knowing they were low GI foods...but I don't follow any of those rules except from what I've experimented and the patterns that I've noticed.

I agree that eating bad food can worsen acne but I also found out that once you find an effective regime, you can eat almost anything and not have to worry about it. When I had acne issues, sure a burger and fries would just make things worse for my skin. But after I found out proper washing/treatment, that completely overtook any diet causes. I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about breaking out because of it. Everything in moderation!

That means you got the lucky genes...trust me, I highly doubt that it will work for everyone cause everyone's skin is different. You might have a better working digestive system and liver then others and might think your cream is helping you out when your body might just be doing it on its own.

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 03/26/2012 11:48 pm

You make a great point there.

Lucky for you, I still haven't found which foods cause me to break out.

One thing is certain I cut dairy off my diet for good, which meant bye bye cysts and yeah no more cysts.

Just the minor pustules, papules and scars I have left from previous breakouts .

I guess everyone's immune varies depending on the food consumption that the body has taken in.

I'm still on the discovery can't afford going to an allergist with no insurance :/

Lentils caused major back shoulder acne for me as well as the forehead. When I stopped, it went away. Peanut butter also causes acne for me... You can't say a certain food doesn't cause acne because your body's different than others. You just gotta experiment for yourself

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/28/2012 6:12 pm

do you even know how to quote? lmfao

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 03/28/2012 7:39 pm

Hey I totally agree with you that acne should be cured from the inside, I've current got moderate acne ( more acne scars) because I was using this stupid lotion that broke me out bad. I'm still getting pimples but not that often and the size of it is smaller. I saw your before pictures and it seemed exactly like my acne. Can you show me another "after" photo cos the one you have right now is quite small. I've been going through this for a month, even though its getting better I still get discouraged at times and seeing photos with results would definitely motivate me more. My email is [Removed]

Thanks

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 03/29/2012 1:01 am

Lol yes I do.

I always access acne.org thru my mobile phone and it doesn't allow me to delete any errors after being posted .

I kind of saw that afterwards and I was like "OH GREAT "

MemberMember
(@xxindi)

Posted : 03/29/2012 3:21 am

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to cut out all bad food! eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 03/29/2012 3:38 pm

On 3/29/2012 at 2:21 PM, xxindi said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to cut out all bad food! eusa_pray.gif

Cool, you should make a food diary of what you eat for the day and let me know...I might be able to help as well.

On 3/29/2012 at 12:01 PM, AbyBar said:
On 3/29/2012 at 5:12 AM, tien10 said:

Lol yes I do.

I always access acne.org thru my mobile phone and it doesn't allow me to delete any errors after being posted .

I kind of saw that afterwards and I was like "OH GREAT "

haha I was just playing

On 3/29/2012 at 6:39 AM, Tony1990 said:

Hey I totally agree with you that acne should be cured from the inside, I've current got moderate acne ( more acne scars) because I was using this stupid lotion that broke me out bad. I'm still getting pimples but not that often and the size of it is smaller. I saw your before pictures and it seemed exactly like my acne. Can you show me another "after" photo cos the one you have right now is quite small. I've been going through this for a month, even though its getting better I still get discouraged at times and seeing photos with results would definitely motivate me more. My email is [Removed]

Thanks

I sense major homo happening. I can't seem to make the image larger sorry.

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 04/10/2012 12:55 am

let's keep this active for ppl to see to help

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/10/2012 8:02 pm

I buy the Eden's brand. Their cans are BPA free and they use Kombu Seaweed . No salt added. ^^;; I only buy the garbanzo for salads.

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 05/05/2012 8:43 pm

sup

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 05/07/2012 3:50 pm

Do you eat fruits and vegetables often?

So you don't eat noodles, or rice?

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 05/11/2012 10:20 am

Do you eat fruits and vegetables often?

So you don't eat noodles, or rice?

Normally I would eat wheat noodles or brown rice. But I'm vietnamese and sometimes eat Pho and other noodles with simple carbs. I don't eat too much at once though just cause it'll cause an increase in insulin. I don't really bother to eat fruits or veggies much, I just take multivits. If you're gonna eat something, try to avoid too much fruit cause they contain alot of sugar, but veggies are perfect.