Notifications
Clear all

Healing a popped pimple

MemberMember
(@blondie28)

Posted : 07/10/2011 11:59 pm

So basically I had a small pimple on my chin. I tried popping it and it ended up swelling to a very large size and the skin peeled off leaving an open wound. I've put neosporin and aquaphor on it yhe past two nights and the skin seemed to heal but I still have a bump. Does this mean I will have a raised scar or should I put BP on it assuming it's still an active pimple? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@rubberduck)

Posted : 07/11/2011 1:40 am

Whenever I pop a pimple I put BP on it, that seems to do the trick. Although most pimples I pop end up coming back...so it's really best to leave them :P

MemberMember
(@lc22)

Posted : 07/11/2011 2:40 am

So basically I had a small pimple on my chin. I tried popping it and it ended up swelling to a very large size and the skin peeled off leaving an open wound. I've put neosporin and aquaphor on it yhe past two nights and the skin seemed to heal but I still have a bump. Does this mean I will have a raised scar or should I put BP on it assuming it's still an active pimple? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

hey i have used a couple times when i have popped a small one before which ended up turning into a big bump as well..what i have tried and now use many times is ICE. get just a piece out of the freezer and put it in a towel so your hand doesnt get cold while your holding the open piece of ice on the bump..it seems to help me but making the tenderness and reddness go away and easier to cover up :) always there -LC

MemberMember
(@japjeev)

Posted : 07/11/2011 10:12 am

put honey/turmeric on it and watch it start healing so quick

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/11/2011 10:21 am

I would not put anything on it for a bit and see what it does, see if it grows into a pimple or if it begins to heal... If it begins to heal then help it heal with aloe vera, dead sea skin mask and aztec clay... All of these will pull the pores together and heal the skin.

MemberMember
(@philopian-tube)

Posted : 07/11/2011 11:41 am

Thread by Wynne

What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit, (picked or not)

MemberMember
(@blondie28)

Posted : 07/11/2011 2:55 pm

So I put ice on it last night followed by BP. Nothing happened. It's still a big bump. I'm mortified and praying this isn't a permanent raised scar cause I won't be happy ever again if it is. This sucks So much, I'm sitting in my house hiding from the world and canceling all plans this week because of it. I'm reaching rock bottom.

MemberMember
(@okaythen)

Posted : 11/11/2011 10:03 am

Aww sweetie, I hope it healed right. *hugs*

MemberMember
(@theanasofie)

Posted : 11/25/2012 2:19 pm

Trying putting lots of bp on popped pimples, so they dont get infected again.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:36 pm

Spot treating with sea salt is also great for wound healing of all types. Not just pimples. Sea salt has been used in wound healing for ages. Hence the line 'salt the wound'. Also i second the use of raw honey as a wound healer, as well as turmeric. You could even make a paste using raw honey, sea salt, and turmeric. Your skin will utilize this far better than any neosporin, and offer healing benefits that the neosporin can't come close to