Notifications
Clear all

Clogged pores, comedones, Blackheads, sebum plugs etc: Face, back of neck, back, and body

MemberMember
(@nomore1923)

Posted : 06/02/2011 2:11 pm

Hello all,

I have been on accutane four times and now have a major problems with blackheads/sebum plugs/comedones on my face and body. I get a lot of blackheads and sebum plugs on my face (where I can take tweasers and pull the sebum "bulb" right out of the follicle) I also get "milla like" bumps on my neck where I squeeze...extremely hard and I get the white, hard substance to come out. I also have blackheads (which sometimes become inflamed) on my back. I occasionally get a clogged pore on the inside of my leg and chest. The worst of it is on my face, however. After I shave i have 4-5 of these on my face daily. Any suggestions/help?

MemberMember
(@gtturbo2)

Posted : 06/02/2011 4:32 pm

Hello all,

I have been on accutane four times and now have a major problems with blackheads/sebum plugs/comedones on my face and body. I get a lot of blackheads and sebum plugs on my face (where I can take tweasers and pull the sebum "bulb" right out of the follicle) I also get "milla like" bumps on my neck where I squeeze...extremely hard and I get the white, hard substance to come out. I also have blackheads (which sometimes become inflamed) on my back. I occasionally get a clogged pore on the inside of my leg and chest. The worst of it is on my face, however. After I shave i have 4-5 of these on my face daily. Any suggestions/help?

wear a 5 oclock shadow and shave with an electric beard trimmer. Did accutane not do anything for these at all?

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 06/02/2011 8:28 pm

i'm a girl and dont shave but have exactly the same thing as you. You described my chin area to a T. I so wish I had the answer for you but I dont. Its like the sebum ball or whatever the hell it is gets stuck to the hair follicle and needs to be pulled out..I have to do this on a daily basis or they build up everywhere. Ive tried to leave them alone but they get worse. I also have milia type bumps different from the hard sebum ones that are in the crease of my chin and are VERY hard to get out. I've tried applying differin, finacea, ziana gel, AHA's, BHA's and nothing seems to work. It must be some sort of overprodcution of oil because I literally can pop a hard waxy piece that just sits right inside the pore. My pores are very large so the sebum is actually visible by the end of the day..I dont know if its some sort of folliculitis..i need help with this in the worst way..i hope we can find and answer.

MemberMember
(@fade)

Posted : 06/03/2011 6:29 pm

Hi there,

I just tried something new recently and it worked really well for me. It unclogged and tightened my pores, smoothed my skin and got rid of some flakies I had. Even some stubborn blackheads on my nose were gone. Maybe this product could help you guys a bit? It's the Olay Microdermabrasion and Peel System. Got it at Longs Drugs for about $30. Use it twice a week.

I also have sensitive, acne prone skin but this product didn't bother me at all.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/04/2011 3:26 am

Hello all,

hmm, not sure but it seems like accutane caused this issue?

Can you post a photo of your sebum plugs?

MemberMember
(@pissening)

Posted : 11/12/2014 2:59 am

Found Any treatment against the sebum plugs?