Notifications
Clear all

Carley's Clear and Smooth

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:37 pm

If i read all the reviews correctly, this product is either A) a Godsend; or B) the worst thing people have tried on their skin

Usually you get a bunch of in between reviews. As in, 'not seeing great improvement', or 'wasn't as good as i was hoping for'

What i am seeing over and over are 5 star reviews that sound like they are both trying to instruct people on how to use the product, as well as trying to sell people the product.

And on the other side, i'm seeing what sound like honest reviewers telling people their exact experience using this, without trying to sugar coat or sell anything. And they are giving the product a 1 star rating. Does this not seem....a bit odd to you Alex?

Read the first 4 reviews on the review page for Carley's Clear and Smooth Skin Treatment. Then proceed to read the next fifty. There seems to be a trend here of polar opposites. Not much middle ground. Also pay attention to the wording of the good reviews. Some seem legitimate, but others seems absolutely sales pitchy. As in the alarming number of: Cons - none

I read your explanation Alex, but there are so many red flags being raised when i read these reviews. Also you work for Carley's, and it's difficult for me to take you simply at your word. I hope you can understand this, as far as conflict of interest is concerned. I'd simply advise everyone to realize how polar opposite these reviews seem to be, and really assess whether or not you trust the 5 star ratings or not. If you try it, i truly hope it works for you. But i also don't want to see someone get sucked in by what seem like falsified reviews only to have the worst outbreak of their life

MemberMember
(@fazzie)

Posted : 12/02/2012 5:14 pm

I bought zenmed products from their uk website. I now have to pay a further 30.09 customs tax. Be aware, this is not a UK site and you will have to pay duty on whatever you buy. 30.09!!!!!

MemberMember
(@alex-wills)

Posted : 12/04/2012 7:03 pm

If i read all the reviews correctly, this product is either A) a Godsend; or B) the worst thing people have tried on their skin

Usually you get a bunch of in between reviews. As in, 'not seeing great improvement', or 'wasn't as good as i was hoping for'

What i am seeing over and over are 5 star reviews that sound like they are both trying to instruct people on how to use the product, as well as trying to sell people the product.

And on the other side, i'm seeing what sound like honest reviewers telling people their exact experience using this, without trying to sugar coat or sell anything. And they are giving the product a 1 star rating. Does this not seem....a bit odd to you Alex?

Read the first 4 reviews on the review page for Carley's Clear and Smooth Skin Treatment. Then proceed to read the next fifty. There seems to be a trend here of polar opposites. Not much middle ground. Also pay attention to the wording of the good reviews. Some seem legitimate, but others seems absolutely sales pitchy. As in the alarming number of: Cons - none

I read your explanation Alex, but there are so many red flags being raised when i read these reviews. Also you work for Carley's, and it's difficult for me to take you simply at your word. I hope you can understand this, as far as conflict of interest is concerned. I'd simply advise everyone to realize how polar opposite these reviews seem to be, and really assess whether or not you trust the 5 star ratings or not. If you try it, i truly hope it works for you. But i also don't want to see someone get sucked in by what seem like falsified reviews only to have the worst outbreak of their life

Critics of Carley's and other companies do the community a service because they tried it and it didn't work. I couldn't ask for anything more. What a few select individuals are doing is going on here and doing something unethical - Lying about a company's policies, accusing us of impossible things like faking 30,000 eBay reviews. You can't validate reviews on Acne.org - That's fair and allows any company to draw scrutiny as such. But don't you think if reviewers are so ecstatic about the product/service here that there wouldn't be nice detailed testimonials on Facebook, YouTube, eBay and a network of bloggers? Wouldn't there be a bunch of bloggers complaining that Carley's ruined their face?

The accusations are just not grounded in reality. The sad thing is I don't think there's one thing I could do to alleviate your concerns here. If video reviews of actual customers, Facebook pages with customer's reviews, eBay testimonials full of reviews, two dozen blogs reviews and even a lifetime guarantee won't convince you then I'm not sure what would.

Should I start telling customers to stop putting "none" as cons on here? If the reviews were fake wouldn't we be smart enough to stop putting "none" as a con by now?

-Should I stop communicating with customers, take longer to ship the product, increase the prices and make the experience in general worse so people quit giving 5 stars?

BTW, OneFatalGoose I love your signature about your opposition to acid-formed foods and processed foods. The ironic thing here is that Carley's is one of the only pH balanced skin products out there. We also order almost all of our ingredients locally at more expensive prices so most of that crappy processing doesn't go in it. When it just comes down to it the products are made differently. Paraben-free before that became a trend, colorant-free, fragrance-free, dimethicone-free, minimal presence of BP and processed ingredients. The products are NOT perfect but it doesn't surprise me that so many bloggers/Facebook fans/YouTube users/etc. love it more than the companies out there that use the same crappy ingredients. I'm not trying to sell you here I'm trying to make you realize that this family business is doing everything we can to help people and these baseless accusations hurt this.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 12/04/2012 8:00 pm

BTW, OneFatalGoose I love your signature about your opposition to acid-formed foods and processed foods. The ironic thing here is that Carley's is one of the only pH balanced skin products out there. We also order almost all of our ingredients locally at more expensive prices so most of that crappy processing doesn't go in it. My point here is I think your actions are misguided.

My actions may very well be misguided. I have no proof that these reviews have been falsified. All i have to offer are words of advice to anyone thinking about trying any new product. Read all the reviews very carefully and thoroughly. If it sounds like it's worth the risk, go for it. Carley's Clear and Smooth could potentially be the best thing you've done for your skin topically. Or...it could be the worst. And strictly going off of the reviews i've seen on this site, it's going to be either or. So to those who decide to try it, make sure to follow all of their instructions to the T. That way if it fails, you will know that you used the products as they intended for you to use them, and that it simply didn't work out.

MemberMember
(@alex-wills)

Posted : 12/04/2012 8:25 pm

BTW, OneFatalGoose I love your signature about your opposition to acid-formed foods and processed foods. The ironic thing here is that Carley's is one of the only pH balanced skin products out there. We also order almost all of our ingredients locally at more expensive prices so most of that crappy processing doesn't go in it. My point here is I think your actions are misguided.

My actions may very well be misguided. I have no proof that these reviews have been falsified. All i have to offer are words of advice to anyone thinking about trying any new product. Read all the reviews very carefully and thoroughly. If it sounds like it's worth the risk, go for it. Carley's Clear and Smooth could potentially be the best thing you've done for your skin topically. Or...it could be the worst. And strictly going off of the reviews i've seen on this site, it's going to be either or. So to those who decide to try it, make sure to follow all of their instructions to the T. That way if it fails, you will know that you used the products as they intended for you to use them, and that it simply didn't work out.

You're response here is much more fair than your earlier suggestions that we use fake reviews. Or scam customers through deceptive warranties.

Those previous accusations are why I think you are misguiding others. If you tried the product or know someone that did and want to express skepticism - that's fine! But please don't go on here and accuse it of being a scam if you haven't even tried it. Or have absolutely no proof that the reviews are fake other than a hunch. That's why the webmaster previously closed it.

The accusations are just not based in reality when you consider an entire group of bloggers and Facebook/eBay/Youtube users validating everything that comes on here.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 12/04/2012 10:46 pm

Fair enough. Never accused it of being a scam. But i did get a sense that there were misleading/falsified reviews being posted. And again, since i have no hard evidence that this is the case, all i can do is advise people to be cautious before making any purchases. Read the positives, and read the negatives. And then do what you will based on what you believe

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:59 pm

So when i was searching for a new product i decided to look at the acne.org reviews page and i noticed one of the highest ranked products was "Carley's Clear and Smooth"

So i saw all the positive reviews and like an idiot i bought this stuff and it's absolute garbage. I then took a closer look at the reviews and noticed there all the same, meaning carley's is just writing up fake reviews on here, if you look all the responses have the same sentence structure, and spelling. They all say the same thing, if you compare it to the clear and smooth site you realize the person who wrote both of them is the same. They all say stuff like "great product just make sure you give it 90 days" or "i love it but make sure you don't get this stuff on your fabrics it might bleach it", obviously it's all fake.

So i just wanted to warn you guys that i think this product is fake and i think acne.org should delete them from the reviews page for cheating.

opinions?

Earths Zinc and more zinc.