Notifications
Clear all

Severe cystic acne almost gone without accutane!

MemberMember
(@acne-almost-gone)

Posted : 12/04/2009 10:51 am

Hello people. So I've had moderate-severe acne for many years. I've spend thousands (well my parents spent thousands) of dollars on medications but nothing helped. I've been to many dermotologists and they highly recommended that I take accutane but due to the side effects, I didn't.

well... one of my friends had the same problem too. So she went to the dermotologist and the dermotologist prescribed this: Ovace face wash (regular, not plus), and acanya gel (it looks more like a cream I dont know why they call it gel) but anyway...this was her routine:

Morning= wash face with ovace face wash, then apply an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer such as neutrogena for sensitive skin. Make sure the moisturizer does NOT have any medication in itself, such as salicilic acid, benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acid, glycolic acid, etc. If the moisturizer has any medication in itself, it will interfere with what your derm. prescribes and may cause burning, scarring, or other skin damage.

Day= now this is the key step and it's the opposite of what any dermotologist would tell you but do this anyway...during the day, if your skin gets overly oily, wash your face with ovace and apply the oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer for sensitive skin.Again, make sure the moisturizer does NOT have medication in it. If you allow your face to be oily, that's when the pimples are forming. But you have to be careful with this. I know some days my skin is oilier than other days. So just wash it during the day if it feels excessively oily. Do not, however, overdry your skin otherwise it will aggravate the acne and cause your skin to produce more oil. But yeah, too much oil= bad.

Night= wash face with ovace face wash and apply the acanya gel.

So do all these things for about three months and you will see a huge improvement in your skin. My friend recommended this to me, so I went to the derm. and asked if this was right for me. He said it might not be powerful enough, but if I wanted I could give it a try. So I did all these things and now I went from severe cysts to a couple small pimples and mostly just a lot of scars.

So talk to your derm. and ask for any precautions you must take while on this med. The wash and cream are antibiotic, and in they do get absorbed into your body and may cause unpleasant or even dangerous side effects. So make sure you eat yogurt. (Talk to your derm about the side effects. ) Oh, and if you're pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant, do not use it because enough of the antibiotic absorbs and it might be harmful to the baby.

But anyway...this stuff is great. It really works. And if you don't have health insurance, don't worry about it. If you pay cash, you could probably see a derm for cheaper, and derms always have tons of trial stuff to give you. Also you can ask for coupons. Sometimes there are coupons where you have to pay only like ten dollars a month for med.

Make-up= if you have to use it use a natural, mineral one. My personal favaorite is bare essentuals. It's oil- free, non-comedogenic, and actually covers a lot. Also if you're using make up, wash your make up brushes in lukewarm water with a a gentle shampoo after every use and then allow to air dry. If use use make up, also make sure that the make-up does NOT have any medication in itself such as salicilic acid, etc.

MemberMember
(@bookworm622)

Posted : 12/13/2012 8:27 am

Hi! I was recently prescribed Ovace face wash for a morning cleanser and I wanted to know if you found this medicine beneficial. I have been on Tretition .1% cream for 2 months now and have just started the face wash about a week ago. Do you feel that this face wash was a good at clearing up your face? Currently I have two pimples that refuse to come to head or go away--will Ovace help clear them up?

Congratulations on your success btw!