Notifications
Clear all

Picked Cyst - Huge & Red!!!

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 04/25/2009 3:26 am

So I've got OCD, and I'm a picker. (I'm sure I'm not the only one!) With the stress of impending finals, I've had a few skin problems recently. I usually only get small pimples that go away quickly if I don't touch them, but two days ago, I woke up with a red honker right under my eyebrow near the center of my face. Totally blind and no head. Being a picker, guess what? I picked! Nothing came out, and the cyst got bigger and redder. I put some Differin on it last night. Not much happened, but I was hoping it would draw out the pus. I wore makeup today as usual, and tonight, the pressure was really starting to hurt, so I tried to pop it again. Nothing! Now it's huge and beet red! I have really fair skin, so I'm not lying about the redness. It looks like I have a tomato growing out of my eyebrow! I took a really hot shower to open up the pores, tried to squeeze again, and I still got nothing. I'm screwed. Right now I've just got a glob of Neosporin on it under a Band-Aid. Not sure what else to do! I've gotta get rid of this or make it shrink significantly by Monday for a modeling job, and of course, the job is a makeup ad, so they're gonna want my skin to be good! Haha. Oh, the irony! Can anyone please help and tell me what to do? I can't go to the dermatologist for a cortisone shot since it's the weekend!

EEK! Your help is much appreciated! =) Also, my skin is very sensitive, so toothpaste isn't gonna work. It burns my skin.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 04/25/2009 3:35 am

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 04/26/2009 3:57 am

Thanks! The only problem is that I keep expecting after a day of not picking it that it will be ready to pick by evening. Haha. I tried it again tonight, and nope! Squeezed the hell out of it, but nothing came out. Now it's missing the top couple layers of skin. Ugh. I'm doing the whole Band-Aid and Neosporin thing overnight and when I don't have to go anywhere, but I know that there's a wad of gunk inside this sucker, and I want to get it out! So frustrating! Should I just let the pimple go down on its own and then come back another time, or should I find some way to get that crap out? Haha. And how can I take care of this redness? Ice makes it worse, unfortunately, and eye drops don't seem to help either. Maybe I need to go to the dermatologist this week for an antibiotic?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 04/26/2009 4:05 am

Are you wrapping the ice in a paper towel? No, you shouldnt pop a cyst. It will get infected.

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 04/26/2009 4:40 am

Yes, I'm wrapping the ice in a paper towel. The redness isn't going away. =(

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 04/26/2009 11:36 am

And now it's gotten crusty, and a pimple is forming next to it. =( I have to give a presentation Wednesday, and I need this gone! (I have BDD, so it's gonna be really hard for me to do the presentation with this. I might not be able to.)

And maybe I don't know what a cyst is, and I was wrong in my diagnosis. It's just a huge blind pimple, I guess you could say.

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/14/2014 3:37 pm

I have the exact same type of pimple right on the middle of my face right now.

2 days topical antibiotics and nothing is working. It is just growing, and I can feel the wad of gunk inside it.

I got some out on Monday and yesterday. But now it's back to refilling itself with puss and it is actually hurting.

How can this be?? I have opened it 2 times, puss came out (a bit of blood too). Disinfected with an antibiotic. And still, it refills.

Not sure what is inside. Have a derm appointment tomorrow morning. Will apply neosporin for tonight.