Notifications
Clear all

Tiny tiny rice grains in EVERY pore - anyone else have it?

MemberMember
(@solothink)

Posted : 03/07/2009 4:08 pm

If your genes are fucked up, doesn't that mean we changed them somehow? if so, can't we change it back?

MemberMember
(@zuckerman)

Posted : 03/07/2009 4:56 pm

I had this problem and low dose accutane (10 mg) cleared it 100% in one month. I had trouble getting my prescription, so I went off it, and things returned within 3 months and have gotten progressively worse. After about 6 months, I've gone back on low dose (10 mg day), but it hasn't even been a month. I'm praying it will work again.

Find a derm who will give you low dose. But the only thing I struggle with is the fear that it will f*** my health up over time. Once my pores are clear again, I plan to slowly take it down to 5 mg twice per week. Also, if you're a woman, if you want to have kids, you'll have to go off it for a time before and during pregnancy.

Anyways, good luck.

MemberMember
(@typoprone)

Posted : 03/20/2009 9:57 pm

If what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about, try Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips to unplug your pores of those suckers! :D

post-86468-1237604627_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@polka)

Posted : 03/20/2009 10:59 pm

lol ive never gotten mine this good, the last few months my strips do bugger all, i am not sure why i think its the retin a i use

but my nose skin is really not smooth anymore so i dunno what to do

-

that white gunk is pretty normal, not much you can do really, that stuff on your chin is normal, every guy got them, they ain't a problem

your pores collect with dirt and dead skin, espcially with those who have had acne

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/21/2009 9:26 am

My sister has this problem.

I know this sounds horrible but I love popping them, they're so interesting.

I usually get rid of hers by squeezing everything out of it, it's not hard because it comes out in a hard clump, and I usually put peroxide on it (this is at night) and then neosporin.

In the morning her face looks fine and you can't even tell it was touched.

They're so fun to get at though...I know it's horrible.

MemberMember
(@jimhouse)

Posted : 03/17/2010 2:04 am

This is what I have been lookin for for months! I have no idea what these things are but I get them deep in my skin. Some poke out like you said but others are like deep blackheads. I need to use a needle to have a small chance of getting them out but this always leaves me with a scab because I still have to squeeze immensely to dig them out. As we speak my face is red and blotchy. I get these on my forhead/cheeks/chin/nose/jawline and even temples sometimes. I never had a problem with these back when I had acne. I since then was on Doxy for a year before I started getting them. It was strange and at first I thought they were scarred pores. I get many on my face every week and I am getting scars whilst trying to get them out.

Is accutane the only cure? Ive stopped using Any tablets (doxy) and have stopped using differin gel, I tried Epiduo but that didn't help either...

What is seriously wrong with my skin!

I am unsure if I have KP because I only just started getting these after being on Doxy for over a year and had never really had a problem with them before...

I certainly don't have worms in my face either

MemberMember
(@prima_ballerina)

Posted : 03/17/2010 11:36 am

jimhouse said:
This is what I have been lookin for for months! I have no idea what these things are but I get them deep in my skin. Some poke out like you said but others are like deep blackheads. I need to use a needle to have a small chance of getting them out but this always leaves me with a scab because I still have to squeeze immensely to dig them out. As we speak my face is red and blotchy. I get these on my forhead/cheeks/chin/nose/jawline and even temples sometimes. I never had a problem with these back when I had acne. I since then was on Doxy for a year before I started getting them. It was strange and at first I thought they were scarred pores. I get many on my face every week and I am getting scars whilst trying to get them out.

Is accutane the only cure? Ive stopped using Any tablets (doxy) and have stopped using differin gel, I tried Epiduo but that didn't help either...

What is seriously wrong with my skin!

I am unsure if I have KP because I only just started getting these after being on Doxy for over a year and had never really had a problem with them before...

I certainly don't have worms in my face either

Actually hun, you do! Everyone does! Again this is fact! Not theory. I guess your looking not for an actual solution, your looking for some other answer that is more agreeable to you. More along the lines of some way to extract them! Well go to the spa and get an extraction once a week for the rest of your life!! There ya go! Does that make more sense to you? Do yourself a favor and spend $50 and get the FACEDOCTOR stuff at the store. Itll be the last product you buy I assure you! I dont know anyone it hasnt worked for! Really! [Link removed]

MemberMember
(@prima_ballerina)

Posted : 03/17/2010 12:40 pm

Gosh you really cant see much in the photos.

The first photo shows a little - on the top part of the chin you might be able to see some dots, but it doesnt show the bumps on the lower part of the chin.

The last photo is completely useless

MANDELIC / GREEN CREAM ETC

Anyway I was thinking of taking Lionqueen's advice and getting the Green Cream + Mandelic lotion or serum. Its extremely expensive though so I wanted to know if you think it would even work? Or is what I have just too different?

PILL

PS I am on a birth control pill (Dianette) to regulate my hormones. Whilst it has cleared up the normal spots i get it has NOT had an effect on these bumps i am referring to. The dermatologist thought that it would, but it has not.

This is why I am unsure as to what will work to get rid of whatever it is i have. ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED.

Is it a build up of excess sebum? Is it the sabaceous gland that is protruding? I dont know.

Theres somthing called the Mint Julep Masque that works extraordinarily well! Also "Mario Badescu" drying lotion.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 04/27/2010 3:28 am

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-demodex-mite.htm

quote from this link incase you dont want to read it

Since getting rid of the mites is impossible and undesired, the best course of action for avoiding such infections is to keep your skin clean, regularly scrubbing dead skin and excess oils away.

Vonnegaga liked
MemberMember
(@prima_ballerina)

Posted : 04/27/2010 2:31 pm

Well at least someone knows what Im talking about! These nasty Demodex mites! But Im not too sure how you can say that removing them is "impossible"? However, it is hard to get rid of them completley but you certainly CAN drastically reduce the count and the damage would have been. Ive seen it work on my best friend, myself and we did some tests in the lab at my university and you can reduce the count of live and dead Demodex to like 85% or so which basically stops the damage all together if you were diligent enough with the regim suggested.

But you said that removing mites from ones face was "undesirable"? Thats a strange thing to say. Really.

Whatever, the point is. Anyone who is truly desperate for a solid solution spend the money and try this product-do the research whatever you need to do but this IS THE CAUSE of just about all of the above complaints and this is PROVEN! Just for some reason not common knowledge yet but it should be!

Just try it! You can thank me later.

Since getting rid of the mites is impossible and undesired, the best course of action for avoiding such infections is to keep your skin clean, regularly scrubbing dead skin and excess oils away.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 04/28/2010 2:43 pm

Well at least someone knows what Im talking about! These nasty Demodex mites! But Im not too sure how you can say that removing them is "impossible"? However, it is hard to get rid of them completley but you certainly CAN drastically reduce the count and the damage would have been. Ive seen it work on my best friend, myself and we did some tests in the lab at my university and you can reduce the count of live and dead Demodex to like 85% or so which basically stops the damage all together if you were diligent enough with the regim suggested.

But you said that removing mites from ones face was "undesirable"? Thats a strange thing to say. Really.

Whatever, the point is. Anyone who is truly desperate for a solid solution spend the money and try this product-do the research whatever you need to do but this IS THE CAUSE of just about all of the above complaints and this is PROVEN! Just for some reason not common knowledge yet but it should be!

Just try it! You can thank me later.

hey, ok I said was undeserible as it was a quote from the website. they can help your body, they eat bad things etc. yes probably too many is bad, so how do you reduce them?

whats the product? please can you link :)

i am from UK. would love to give this a shot

MemberMember
(@just-mee)

Posted : 05/07/2010 10:19 pm

in the first picture you can kinda see it.

i had the same thing on my chin for awhile but they were never really noticable.

they were blackheads at first and then they turned to that and a few months later they broke out.

i'm not sure what they are but do not touch them. once i started touching mine it was awful!

MemberMember
(@maryhogan)

Posted : 11/13/2011 10:25 am

I had this same problem for years until two weeks ago and am almost completely cured of it. This is what worked for me...get a magnifying mirror and a pimple extractor(drug stores have them in the tweezer section). You will also need St. Ives apricot scrub and Olay daily thermal mini peel. In very bright light, use the pimple extractor and magnifying mirror to purge every pore. This takes a while but it is worth the effort and you only have to do it for the first few days......Next, get in the shower and scrub your face with the apricot scrub . Rinse. Now use the mini peel according to the instructions. Make sure to completely rinse the mini peel until you can't feel the film on your face any more. Repeat this every day, once a day. If your face gets too dry, then use the mini peel every day and only use the apricot scrub every other day. That's it. I have done this for two weeks and my skin is almost perfect now. I specifically joined this site to share the news with everybody that suffers from this problem. I hope it works for you.

MemberMember
(@honniee)

Posted : 04/03/2013 9:14 pm

I had that on my cheek after using lemon juice. Ive never gotten that before though. I think its when you use something that is supposed to purge the skin that happens. And relax its not noticable!

MemberMember
(@ki7575wolf2000)

Posted : 07/19/2013 7:49 pm

Hi I know what those are called I had them too , and they suck :( They are called Demodex Mites. They kind look like white long rice , and are rubbery when you can get one out . One of the ways to kill them are Tea tree oil . To keep them from coming back they make A Tea Tree oil Shampoo and Conditioner ( you can find it in the Ethnic hair section in just about any store) Here is a link on how to get rid of them and keep them gone too.

Im not sure how I got mine they just started popping up and it took me forever to figure out what they were. But they are gone and my skin healed up nice :) I hope this helps you. Dont worry there is hope :)

I know this is alot to read but it explains what they are :

Or you can google it

D. folliculorum and D. brevis

Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis are typically found on humans. D. folliculorum was first described in 1842 by Simon; D. brevis was identified as separate in 1963 by Akbulatova. D. folliculorum is found in hair follicles, while D. brevis lives in sebaceous glands connected to hair follicles. Both species are primarily found in the face, near the nose, the eyelashes and eyebrows, but also occur elsewhere on the body.

The adult mites are only 0.3“0.4 millimetre (0.012“0.016 in) long, with D. brevis slightly shorter than D. folliculorum.[2] Each has a semitransparent, elongated body that consists of two fused segments. Eight short, segmented legs are attached to the first body segment. The body is covered with scales for anchoring itself in the hair follicle, and the mite has pin-like mouth-parts for eating skin cells and oils (sebum) which accumulate in the hair follicles. The mites can leave the hair follicles and slowly walk around on the skin, at a speed of 8“16 mm per hour, especially at night, as they try to avoid light.[2]

Females of Demodex folliculorum are larger and rounder than males. Both male and female Demodex mites have a genital opening, and fertilization is internal.[3] Mating takes place in the follicle opening, and eggs are laid inside the hair follicles or sebaceous glands. The six-legged larvae hatch after three to four days, and the larvae develop into adults in about seven days. The total lifespan of a Demodex mite is several weeks. The dead mites decompose inside the hair follicles or sebaceous glands. Recent research has indicated that the common skin malady rosacea may be caused by the decomposing mites,[4] possibly due to the bacterium Bacillus oleronius found in their bodies.[5]

Older people are much more likely to carry the mites; about a third of children and young adults, half of adults, and two-thirds of elderly people are estimated to carry the mites.[6] The lower rate of children may be because children produce much less sebum. It is quite easy to look for one's own Demodex mites, by carefully removing an eyelash or eyebrow hair and placing it under a microscope.

The mites are transferred between hosts through contact of hair, eyebrows and of the sebaceous glands on the nose. Different species of animals host different species of Demodex; only one zoonosis of Demodex is known.

In the vast majority of cases, the mites go unobserved, without any adverse symptoms, but in certain cases (usually related to a suppressed immune system, caused by stress or illness) mite populations can dramatically increase, resulting in a condition known as demodicosis or Demodex mite bite, characterised by itching, inflammation and other skin disorders. Blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids) can also be caused by Demodex mites. Evidence of a correlation between Demodex infection and acne vulgaris exists suggesting it may play a role in promoting acne.[

I know everyone here complains about small bumps on their skin. But when i see other people's photos of it, they look completely different to the bumps i have on my skin.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE + WHAT I CAN DO TO GET RID OF MINE?

My bumps are like small tiny rice grains that sit in the skin. They are no bigger than 1 or 2 millimetres wide. They are like tiny blackheads but without the black tip on top.

They are not inflammed and they do not puss. They are ALL over the chin (from the edge of the lip to the bottom of the chin) and around my nose and inbetween my eyebrows. I get some on my forehead but NOT quite in the same coverage like my chin.

I feel my chin is disgusting to look at. When i touch my chin i feel it is like touching fine sandpaper - as these grains are all over and there is no smoothness to my chin.

Dermatologist
My dermatologist noticed it but said it was part of normal skin and just gave me an exfoliator prescription and differn cream. This has not got rid of them and neither do other products ive tried. And it is not normal, otherwise why would people constantly point them out to me?

Picking them out
Sometimes i can pick these tiny rice grains out if they are on top of the skin, but on my chin it is much harder to do this as there is no real fat there to make the squeezing easier like on the cheeks. Plus there are 1000s of them so i would be there for days at the mirror.

Photos
I have attached some photos to give you guys an idea. Unfortunately they are not clear and do not show what you would see if you observed me face to face. However, Im hoping you might be able to see something though. (I took loads of photos and these were the best ones with my old digi cam).

PS i know as you cant see much in the photos some of you will think this is nothing, but it really does upset me and I've already had inflamed acne in my teens so I know what that is like too.

Hi I know what those are called I had them too , and they suck :( They are called Demodex Mites. They kind look like white long rice , and are rubbery when you can get one out . One of the ways to kill them are Tea tree oil . To keep them from coming back they make A Tea Tree oil Shampoo and Conditioner ( you can find it in the Ethnic hair section in just about any store) Here is a link on how to get rid of them and keep them gone too.

Im not sure how I got mine they just started popping up and it took me forever to figure out what they were. But they are gone and my skin healed up nice :) I hope this helps you. Dont worry there is hope :)

Or you can google it

D. folliculorum and D. brevis

Demodex folliculorum and Demodex brevis are typically found on humans. D. folliculorum was first described in 1842 by Simon; D. brevis was identified as separate in 1963 by Akbulatova. D. folliculorum is found in hair follicles, while D. brevis lives in sebaceous glands connected to hair follicles. Both species are primarily found in the face, near the nose, the eyelashes and eyebrows, but also occur elsewhere on the body.

The adult mites are only 0.3“0.4 millimetre (0.012“0.016 in) long, with D. brevis slightly shorter than D. folliculorum.[2] Each has a semitransparent, elongated body that consists of two fused segments. Eight short, segmented legs are attached to the first body segment. The body is covered with scales for anchoring itself in the hair follicle, and the mite has pin-like mouth-parts for eating skin cells and oils (sebum) which accumulate in the hair follicles. The mites can leave the hair follicles and slowly walk around on the skin, at a speed of 8“16 mm per hour, especially at night, as they try to avoid light.[2]

Females of Demodex folliculorum are larger and rounder than males. Both male and female Demodex mites have a genital opening, and fertilization is internal.[3] Mating takes place in the follicle opening, and eggs are laid inside the hair follicles or sebaceous glands. The six-legged larvae hatch after three to four days, and the larvae develop into adults in about seven days. The total lifespan of a Demodex mite is several weeks. The dead mites decompose inside the hair follicles or sebaceous glands. Recent research has indicated that the common skin malady rosacea may be caused by the decomposing mites,[4] possibly due to the bacterium Bacillus oleronius found in their bodies.[5]

Older people are much more likely to carry the mites; about a third of children and young adults, half of adults, and two-thirds of elderly people are estimated to carry the mites.[6] The lower rate of children may be because children produce much less sebum. It is quite easy to look for one's own Demodex mites, by carefully removing an eyelash or eyebrow hair and placing it under a microscope.

The mites are transferred between hosts through contact of hair, eyebrows and of the sebaceous glands on the nose. Different species of animals host different species of Demodex; only one zoonosis of Demodex is known.

In the vast majority of cases, the mites go unobserved, without any adverse symptoms, but in certain cases (usually related to a suppressed immune system, caused by stress or illness) mite populations can dramatically increase, resulting in a condition known as demodicosis or Demodex mite bite, characterised by itching, inflammation and other skin disorders. Blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids) can also be caused by Demodex mites. Evidence of a correlation between Demodex infection and acne vulgaris exists suggesting it may play a role in promoting acne.[

post-213429-0-90734400-1374280731_thumb.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 07/23/2013 8:36 pm

These are sebaceous filaments not blackheads. Everyone has them.

Use some Vaseline or cold cream. Let it sit for a few mins or over night. Clean off with a wash cloth and warm water. Use a clay mask after. Do this twice a week and see if it helps. Works for me.

Or you can google itD. folliculorum and D. brevis

The adult mites are only 0.30.4 millimetre (0.0120.016 in) long, with D. brevis slightly shorter than D. folliculorum.[2] Each has a semitransparent, elongated body that consists of two fused segments. Eight short, segmented legs are attached to the first body segment. The body is covered with scales for anchoring itself in the hair follicle, and the mite has pin-like mouth-parts for eating skin cells and oils (sebum) which accumulate in the hair follicles. The mites can leave the hair follicles and slowly walk around on the skin, at a speed of 816 mm per hour, especially at night, as they try to avoid light.[2]

I know everyone here complains about small bumps on their skin. But when i see other people's photos of it, they look completely different to the bumps i have on my skin.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE + WHAT I CAN DO TO GET RID OF MINE?

My bumps are like small tiny rice grains that sit in the skin. They are no bigger than 1 or 2 millimetres wide. They are like tiny blackheads but without the black tip on top.

They are not inflammed and they do not puss. They are ALL over the chin (from the edge of the lip to the bottom of the chin) and around my nose and inbetween my eyebrows. I get some on my forehead but NOT quite in the same coverage like my chin.

I feel my chin is disgusting to look at. When i touch my chin i feel it is like touching fine sandpaper - as these grains are all over and there is no smoothness to my chin.

Dermatologist

My dermatologist noticed it but said it was part of normal skin and just gave me an exfoliator prescription and differn cream. This has not got rid of them and neither do other products ive tried. And it is not normal, otherwise why would people constantly point them out to me?

Picking them out

Sometimes i can pick these tiny rice grains out if they are on top of the skin, but on my chin it is much harder to do this as there is no real fat there to make the squeezing easier like on the cheeks. Plus there are 1000s of them so i would be there for days at the mirror.

Photos

I have attached some photos to give you guys an idea. Unfortunately they are not clear and do not show what you would see if you observed me face to face. However, Im hoping you might be able to see something though. (I took loads of photos and these were the best ones with my old digi cam).

PS i know as you cant see much in the photos some of you will think this is nothing, but it really does upset me and I've already had inflamed acne in my teens so I know what that is like too.

Or you can google itD. folliculorum and D. brevis

The adult mites are only 0.30.4 millimetre (0.0120.016 in) long, with D. brevis slightly shorter than D. folliculorum.[2] Each has a semitransparent, elongated body that consists of two fused segments. Eight short, segmented legs are attached to the first body segment. The body is covered with scales for anchoring itself in the hair follicle, and the mite has pin-like mouth-parts for eating skin cells and oils (sebum) which accumulate in the hair follicles. The mites can leave the hair follicles and slowly walk around on the skin, at a speed of 816 mm per hour, especially at night, as they try to avoid light.[2]

Haha, no skin mites are microscopic you can't see them with the naked eye

MemberMember
(@jimf)

Posted : 07/26/2013 11:37 pm

this is an old post, but hopeully my response will help somebody. i had a number of issues, including the "rice" in my pores. one change that totally cleared my skin up was an removing common allergens from my diet. i cut out all dairy, eggs, grains (and i mean all grains - wheat, corn, rice, any and all grains), and night shade veg. it helped me in a lot of ways, but the change in my skin was striking. i always had little bumps on my face and on the back of my arms (near tricept) and they vanished quickly after i changed my diet. this diet helped me in much more significant ways, but since i'm on an acne website, i'll stop there. give it a try... it's free and it might work.

oh, and the blackheads i had on my nose for my entire adult life also vanished.

one last last note; you do get used to the diet. it's not that bad. i eat a lot of yams, and green leafy veg. almonds, avocados, and beans are all fine. meat and fish are cool too. olive oil is the way to go for cooking or salad dressing. vinegar is fine. learn what a night shad veg is an stay away for a while. if the diet works for your skin issues, you can try adding thing back one at a time (put a good month between reintroductions). you'll notice quickly if your skin issues return and then you'll know to stay away from a particular food for good. good luck.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 07/29/2013 6:43 pm

This thread is hilarious. OP wants to start accutane for having zero acne, and now people are claiming the plugs are actually microscopic little mites.

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 08/29/2013 2:08 pm

Well, I got those too... I have them everywhere.... My hands, chest, face, back... Looks like rice and it usually comes out when pressed with the hair attached to it... Isn't it like te hair shaft or so? 90% of them are with the hair :(

MemberMember
(@rafiki3)

Posted : 12/01/2013 9:43 am

Well, I got those too... I have them everywhere.... My hands, chest, face, back... Looks like rice and it usually comes out when pressed with the hair attached to it... Isn't it like te hair shaft or so? 90% of them are with the hair sad.png

same here wtf. i see oil coming out of all my pores and a lot of them are like a hair covered an oil if i pull them out...i hate this, it looks absolutely horrible. what is it and what can i do. its so freakin noticeable when i have to talk to someone face to face. all i can think about is thiis disgusting white stuff portruding from my face. all around and on my nose, and in between my eyebrows u can see so much whitestuff/oil showing....god it sucks

MemberMember
(@viki90)

Posted : 12/01/2013 12:44 pm

Yeah but if it's only on your face than it's ok. I have been getting them pretty lot lately. I dunno what else to try. It's not like I get whiteheads... So the BP is not an option... When I wash my face my face / body is dry as hell. It's so flaky and horrible. So I put the moisturizer on and it's ok. But then it's so oily and all my pores clog up... I must have something fucked up there cos when I push it out I can see like 3 hairs in it.. I want it stop so badly :(.

MemberMember
(@imjustlikeyou)

Posted : 12/07/2013 8:03 pm

Wonder if u have what I've got. The texture of my face became gritty . Under 10 times magnifying mirror I could see the difference. Before..could see pores. Now looks like tiny grain of rice or sand ..can actually see them in every single pore from hairline to cheeks,even below jaw on upper neck. Nothing seems to help...facial scrubs, nothing. If I deep steam facial the stuff turns,into a goo on my skin,whereas before all I could feel was steam. This will only let my skin feel fairly normal for about 1 or 2 days...and then the grains are back and skin feels sandy again. It'sso horrible,so uncomfortable that I can't stand feeling my face or looking into mirror. It's definitely not whiteheads or blackheads. I actually get knots in my stomach whe to wash my face or touch it because it repulses me so much. Plus when I say deep steam..its really a lot of work...large pot boiled water, towel over head and pot to keep steam from escaping ; very hot, suffocating.

MemberMember
(@imjustlikeyou)

Posted : 12/07/2013 8:38 pm

I know mine is not remixed mites ..face feels so sandy I can't stand to touch it. Mine are not rubbery . But before this happened there was nothing in those pores,in magnifying mirror. And its weird that when I do steam facial it melts them and face feels gooey . First time this happened I was so relieved thinking oh good, whatever it was is out of my pores now..but when it came back so sandy feeling 2 days later I wanted to die. I can't find the site I was at claiming that in Buddhism sometimes your skin will exude stuff...its part of the purification process. He said sometimes its black muddy stuff, or could be like sand . I have the sand..wish I could find his site again..some ex pert on meditation..it sounds crazy ..but I'm desperate. Also..this happened after I took a lot of Ma,Huang for hot flashes. Regretfully after severe side effects I found out its ephedra ...natural speed..it dried out my skin permanently ,all over the texture has aged dramatically.

MemberMember
(@anyaonslaught)

Posted : 02/06/2014 2:16 pm

Everyone's talking about the mites... I'm guessing there are thousands of purple who know about them without even realizing it. There's an episode of the Simpsons where Marge is at a beauty counter and the salesperson puts the stuff on her face killing the "beauty eating" sludge mobster thing with hundreds (don't quote me on that) of babies. They were talking about the mites. Guys. Matt Groening knotted about them.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 02/06/2014 10:01 pm

Ah I remember reading this thread when I was trying to deal with this issue. My 'rice grains' are almost entirely gone now - a combination of increased dietary vitamin A (pumpkin for the precursor, liver and fish oil for the actual), 1% tretinoin (though this never really did as much as dietary changes), and the paleo diet. Oh, and not washing my face as much - I use a cleanser once every 3-5 days now. Hope this info helps someone.