Notifications
Clear all

Initial Breakout with ACV?? also sleeping so good..

MemberMember
(@mustang88)

Posted : 11/19/2008 10:52 pm

I started using Apple Cider Vinegar about 6 days ago.

I have been drinking 4-5 Tablespoons a day.. just straight. at first it was disgusting, the smell was horrendus and the taste was repulsive. I actually quite like the taste now...lol I kind of look forward to doing my shots... haha. I've also been applying it as a toner once or twice a day.

anyways. My tone has improved a little I would say. The biggest improvement I have seen is in redness/large pores/mild scarring. I had 2 scars and they have both diminished.. they are barely visible. They are new scars tho... for the record. not sure if that matters. I got really worried because I have never scarred before until recently. anyways, they are going.

I went about 5 days without any new pimples, of course the ones I had were still healing. Low and behold, the minute they almost completley healed--2 medium pimples formed, and 2 little ones. Now, I usually never get little pimples. This is what is giving me hope. The little ones are on my chin, and those are usually the worst. The 2 medium are on my cheeks.. one on each cheek --go figure lol. anyways, i'm wondering if this is an initial breakout? I will take it if it is, it's not too terrible but i had high hopes for ACV and the first 5 days were looking so promising. I can't describe how much I want to leave the house without makeup. How I want to wake up next to someone and not feel embarassed. How when people call me and say they are picking me up in 10 mins. I don't have to rush to the bathroom and panick over my face...

Another thing that seems promising... the pimples all formed today and yesterday... and they have all came to a head and I have popped them.. yes I'm a popper, I don't care. I'm not walking around with swollen puss filled pimples on my face. At least when they are flat I can cover them up.

ALSO. When I go out drinking, this is usually when I break out. I drink every weekend, but usually only one night. This past weekend I went out drinking both Friday and Saturday. Of course, I'm religious with my skincare routine. I still do it, even if I'm stumbling over drunk. But I never broke out on Sunday or anything. Unless these new pimples are just delayed from that. Either way, they've been worse I'm just kind of up set about this one on my one cheek that was healing. I picked at it (I KNOW THIS IS BAD, SOMETIMES THO WHEN U SCRATCH A SCAB OFF THATS IT--ITS GONE.) Anyways, so it's been giving me some grief. I notice that pimples feel like thye last longer thn they actually do. I know that pimple wasn't there when I went out Saturday.. it was just starting to form but you couldn't see it yet, I could just feel it. And now its in the process of scabbing over for the 3rd time lol...

I will continue to drink apple cider either way. The benefits of it are incredible. Not that I need to lose weight by any means, but every girl likes to see the scale drop. That much I can say is true. I can't say how much, I dont weigh myself very often, but I would say a couple pounds anyways.

Now I was reading the benefits of ACV and it also turns out that drinking ACV can help with insomnia. I dont suffer from this but since about the 3rd day on ACV I have slept so great and it is so hard to wake up... i'm wondering if this is from the ACV?? I could get used to that.

Anyone else have any success with ACV?? How long does it take to see really good results?? I've read that in 3 weeks I should be clear... but I dont really think thats true in all case. of course it would be AWESOME. my 20th bday is in one month tomorrow. if i could be spotless for it... wow. Because it's really pissing me off that I am still getting pimples when I am about to be 20. My brother used to have way worse acne than me when he was about 15. But I can't remmeber how old he was when he cleared up. I know he got the odd zit when he was my age, but he has way different skin than me. He actually has really gorgeous skin, its amazing that his acne was so bad and he has such gorgeous skin now. But again, his skin is totally different than me. He is tan, I'm not, I have freckles, he doesn't. whatta jerk...

MemberMember
(@sirrus)

Posted : 11/20/2008 11:04 am

I have been using ACV for about the same time now, Im having a great experience with it, I drink some before bed and then down some pepsi max to get rid of the taste lol.

I have scars, from when i picked at my acne before i went on ACV, but thats all, and there starting to go now :)

haha its the same with my sister, she never had acne, ever, her skin is amazing, wish i got her skin too :(

Its funny you mention that, there must be a connection because im sleeping realy well now too, infact i had my first lie in for a long time, which cost me to be late for college this morning :(

Good luck! Hope it works well for you before your birthday!! And heck, atleast you girls can put makeup on to help hide your acne... us guys have to just put up with it :(

MemberMember
(@mustang88)

Posted : 11/24/2008 9:33 am

Hey, thats funny I was commenting on your post about ACV.

Well I'm on day 11 now, and my skin is in full fledge breakout. I'm pretty up set. My acne is normally pretty mild, and for the most part you can't see it at all when I wear make up...but i seriously hate wearing make up. I want to be pretty all the time not just when I have a face full of make up.

At least this breakout is different than usual, kinda gives me hope.. I have mild inflamed acne, but this time it is like little red dots all along my cheeks... i'm not sure which is worse.. haha. The little red dots are harder to cover up for whatever reason.

UGHHH. This is so annoying!! lol keep me posted with ur progress. I'm not giving up on the ACV yet... seeing as its cleaning ur liver...(which mine desperately needs anyways lol), it makes sense that this would happen... I will give it probably at least 2 months because its good for you anyways.

Also interesting that you are experiencing the sleeping thing too. I definitley think this has to do with the ACV because its still happening lol. Such long, deep sleeps. so hard to wake up!

MemberMember
(@sirrus)

Posted : 11/24/2008 11:51 am

Hmmm, Im getting these red dots too lucky for you, you can actuially wear make up... Im a guy so make up is a no no. :(

Yeah it is strange, I'm feeling allot happier too, I duno if thats because of all the health benefits or because im allot more confident in myself now I dont have bad acne.

Just wish i could get rid of these F*cking red maks :(

MemberMember
(@mustang88)

Posted : 11/25/2008 10:26 am

Did you have clogged pores?? Because I think thats what these dots are...

In the wrong lighting, my entire cheek looked really bumpy before... All those little bumps appear to have turned into small little pimples.. some of them have pus and some dont... it seems a bit better today. I'm hoping this is just purging and getting rid of the clogged pores...and the rest of my face is completley clear now, short of these stupid dot things...

MemberMember
(@arley23)

Posted : 11/25/2008 10:45 pm

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar cured my acne in 2 weeks I cant believe I didn't try this months ago.

MemberMember
(@john0304)

Posted : 12/23/2008 3:05 am

bump..

i'm on day nine of using acv and my skin has never looked worse. my face is literally covered and looks terrible. it's been like this more or less since i started. i know you should stick with a regimen for as long as possible but i can't stand this.

anyone else go through a similar thing? how long until it clears up, if at all? honestly at this point i'd be happy for it to just go back to the way it was.

MemberMember
(@hardwinte)

Posted : 09/15/2012 6:26 pm

bump. im on day 4/5 and my skin is all broken out, it was fine before with a few pimples here and there.....well if this is a sign of purging then it's good for the long run, but..... :(

where is the line?

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/16/2012 1:03 pm

Braggs ACV did absolutely nothing for me

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 09/16/2012 1:28 pm

I bet it's the drinking that broke you out. I'd start taking Milk Thistle every night before bed, for your liver.

MemberMember
(@redpimples)

Posted : 09/17/2012 10:04 pm

You are breaking out because you're applying it on your face. Don't apply it on your face just drink it. Is everyone thats breaking out applying it on their face? It has a very different ph than your skin and this is why.

MemberMember
(@alexisc)

Posted : 09/19/2012 1:14 am

Breaking out from apple cider vinegar is normal. It kills off bad yeast in your intestinal tract and many people with acne have a huge overgrowth of yeast. I can't say how long it will take to subside but that is definately what is going on. It detoxifies your whole body and excess toxins go through the skin when the liver and kidneys are overloaded.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/25/2012 6:30 pm

From my experience, stay the hell away from apple cider vinegar. I used it on my face for a month (diluted about 30-40 percent with water) and it gave me HIGHLY inflamed acne