Notifications
Clear all

How to reduce a cyst bump? Hot compress?

MemberMember
(@sirisdawg1)

Posted : 10/23/2008 10:39 pm

I have a cyst forming on the side of my head. It's at a large bump at the moment and I was wondering if a hot compress would help make the bump smaller. I don't see any white pus on the surface and it's only a red bump and getting small pain from it. Is the best way to make a hot compress is by microwaving a wet washcloth for 30 seconds, and then put the washcloth in a ziplock bag and put it on the bump? Thanks

I hope I could bring it down by Monday if I do this plenty of times a day and have it gone when I start school again. It's making the left side of my face look swollen :(

MemberMember
(@sirisdawg1)

Posted : 10/24/2008 6:55 pm

bump..any advice would help :(

MemberMember
(@hamburglar)

Posted : 10/24/2008 7:11 pm

I have no idea if this works, but people seem to quite like this method: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/cyst-pimp...it-t166343.html

MemberMember
(@perkie)

Posted : 10/25/2008 12:55 am

hey i think a hot compress will help bring it to a head. but ive also heard that it can melt the pus inside and the bump will go away?? idk...

MemberMember
(@richmond)

Posted : 10/28/2008 7:37 pm

wats hot compress?

i find the only way to defeat a cyst is to get it early - ice and bp. However i had a few cysts that i didnt treat a few days, and then it got inflammed/infected, i got a needle and squeed. now i have a bump scar.

MemberMember
(@andyemleafs)

Posted : 07/13/2009 10:46 am

wats hot compress?

i find the only way to defeat a cyst is to get it early - ice and bp. However i had a few cysts that i didnt treat a few days, and then it got inflammed/infected, i got a needle and squeed. now i have a bump scar.

Hot water mixed with Epsom salt. Here's my routine:

1) Pop it via needle

2) Immediately afterwards apply the hot towel with Epsom salt

3) After water becomes Luke warm hop in a hot shower and bath as normal

MemberMember
(@iqbal123)

Posted : 08/08/2015 1:01 am

I've been doing the hot compress with my towel for about 4 days now. And the cyst hasn't shown any sign of a whitehead