Notifications
Clear all

Acne around mouth

MemberMember
(@mplbj08)

Posted : 08/24/2008 4:00 pm

Hi I'm new on here. I have mild to moderate acne. The one proble m i have had for the past year or so is that I get all my acne around my mouth and jawline. I use Duac on my face once a day and i also use a cleanser twice a day. My face had cleared up 3 months ago for a couple of months but then i suddenly got this massive outbreak that has come out of nowhere and its all around my mouth and jawline. I also get cysts every now and then on my face on my cheeks and also around my mouth. My main question is why am i getting most of my acne around my mouth/jawline? Thanks

MemberMember
(@i-hate-redspots)

Posted : 08/24/2008 5:06 pm

Toothpaste high in fluoride can cause this. Try changing to a fluoride-free toothpaste, it might help.

MemberMember
(@adam08)

Posted : 08/25/2008 6:27 am

Clean up your diet. Especially no dairy

MemberMember
(@mack-2)

Posted : 08/25/2008 6:33 am

bollocks

i have the same problem and diet has nothing to do with your or my acne.

i did the healthy thing for 4 months solid and i still got acne. fruit for break, no dairy, no carbs. just made no difference, i still got spots.

and ive never heard of the flouride thing before for toothpaste, wheres the evidence for this?

MemberMember
(@ooo)

Posted : 08/25/2008 6:45 am

Do a search on the forums, there is plenty of posts about the fluoride and a chemical called S something... sorry forgot it at the moment. It causes toothpaste, shampoo, etc. to have the foaming action. That foam can cause skin irritation, which leads to acne.

Anyways, my acne breaks out around the mouth when food touches the side, toothpaste touches it or mouthwash. Mouthwash seems to be the biggest culprit for me. I used it yesterday and at the end of the day a little bump appeared on the corner of my mouth. I haven't used mouthwash in a long time and I haven't gotten acne around my mouth until yesterday.

How do I fight it? I use BP, a few days of BP zaps the acne away. It dries the skin a lot, so be sure to moisturize. I found BP to be the best solution against mouth acne. I use to just put lotion on it and that worked but it would take weeks. I tried clindaymcin, but that didn't work that well. BP seems to be the best way to go.

MemberMember
(@meathead1111)

Posted : 03/11/2015 10:58 pm

I have the white things like a zit but it does not go away .thought it was a cold sore . I like squeeze it and like pus comes out or it bleeds ! I put cold sore medicine on it and it drys up and cracks on edges of my mouth and its really sore also redness there! Can you help me find the right medicine to get rid of this ! Thank you .

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 03/15/2015 10:52 am

You might want to try swabbing an antibacterial ointment in your nose and mouth, as this could be caused by staph. See the post below.

I only had white pustules around my mouth and nose. After putting polysporin in my nose and ears 2x a day and washing with water only, I've pretty much completely cleared everything in a few weeks.

Hope it helps!