Notifications
Clear all

What is up with my chin? (pic)

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 02/19/2012 12:03 pm

i get tons of these in my chin. they are mainly in the crease, corners of my mouth down toward jaw and some under lip. They always have hard impacted pieces of sebum. Does anyone have this or this condition comedal and not what everyone is having a biopsy for? Mine come in clusters and almost always can be expressed but always fill back up.

MemberMember
(@melissa-karen-lim)

Posted : 04/08/2012 12:27 am

I wanted to add my two cents to this thread -- I'm also plagued with mysterious bumps on my chin, but I'm with the group of people whose bumps are not productive and disappear if the skin is stretched.

Hoping, hoping, hoping someone will have some breakthrough on this and provide us with some answers...

Also, I should add that I was on doxycline for only about 15 days last year, and these have become more apparent about a year after the doxy. I don't think i ever had them when I was on the antibiotics.

For about a year, I've been switching every other day between Retin A and benzoyl peroxide, not consistently though (i'd skip four days, then come back for another week, and so on), and have stopped everything altogether because I'm not 100% it's scarring from using these products. It's the only thing I can think of that would cause this, but as for why it's only on the chin, i don't know. i wouldn't apply more on my chin area than the rest of the face, but it's only manifesting in that area.

MemberMember
(@freeoneday)

Posted : 06/24/2012 10:01 am

Someone out there must have the answer!!! I now HATE the natural light outside because of these bumps !!! I'm trying mandelic peel every 4 days from a recommendation from someone who had similar problem so I will be updating on how it goes!

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 06/24/2012 9:00 pm

I just had a thought: It seems like we're all women with these non-productive bumps that go away when stretched.

Could it be hormonal?

MemberMember
(@freeoneday)

Posted : 06/25/2012 4:24 am

That's what I was thinking but if it is then what can be done about hormones? Ive had these over a year now and im so close to giving up and accepting theyl be with me forever :(

MemberMember
(@melissa-karen-lim)

Posted : 06/25/2012 4:10 pm

Hi everyone,

So i got desperate and went to a dermatologist because i didn't want to wait until the end of the month for my other appnt and here's what the doctor said, which makes a lot more sense than the scarring hypothesis:

The bumps are due to hardened oil in the sebaceous glands, and since they're hard to get to, you can't do anything about them. Retin-A will improve them, but not 100%.

I don't think they're due to hormones because from reading up on other threads on this topic, a few men have them as well.

I'm going to keep going to dermatologists until i get a consistent answer!

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 06/25/2012 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,

So i got desperate and went to a dermatologist because i didn't want to wait until the end of the month for my other appnt and here's what the doctor said, which makes a lot more sense than the scarring hypothesis:

The bumps are due to hardened oil in the sebaceous glands, and since they're hard to get to, you can't do anything about them. Retin-A will improve them, but not 100%.

I don't think they're due to hormones because from reading up on other threads on this topic, a few men have them as well.

I'm going to keep going to dermatologists until i get a consistent answer!

I was thinking they were sebaceous hyperplasia, which is somewhat like that.. Someone here had hers cauterized or shaved off (I forget) and then never came back so I think it may have gone badly. Someone else had them on their nose and they went away with EC.

I do NOT think they're scars. I think the MDs just don't know what they are so they say that. Way too many of us have the EXACT same looking thing, some people never even had acne there, but they're scars....i don't think so though it's possible. It's just too weird that so many of us have it and so many all over the chin only.

The very few guys that had this had productive ones where stuff came out so I think it's different.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and if you get anything done.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 07/01/2012 9:00 pm

im a woman and mine definetely have something inside that can be extracted only to fill back up again. Its the same pore over and over again. Its some weird hyperkeritanization. I think thats how you spell it. Mine dont disappear when my skin is stretched so mine might be different but I've tried every topical known to man, several different types of lasers, and peels and even a low dose of accutane and NOTHING has stopped them....I literally desperate to find something to stop them from forming

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:26 am

over a year later and no improvement. In fact mine are worse. Ive been told they are keratin plugs. I dont know how my skin clogs with dead skin when I removed it gently every night but they are still there...