Notifications
Clear all

how to bring down a cyst/bring it to a head...AT HOME!

MemberMember
(@dsrfgsertwe)

Posted : 01/04/2008 11:46 pm

put a drop of water on a plate (not paper) and put one uncoated aspirin tablet in the middle of the drop

wash your face

a few minutes later, go back to the plate. by now the aspirin should have turned into powder. if it hasn't after more than five minutes, add one more drop and wait again

apply the powder directly on the cyst. you can put a TINY bit of water on the cyst (just enough to make the powder stick) and then put some of the powder on your finger and tap it onto the cyst. then mix a little bit of water with the rest of the powder (so it's almost like a paste) and apply the rest of it on top of the powder that's already on there.

it dries out really fast and can crumble if you move around or talk. try laying down or not talking so you can keep as much of the aspirin you can on there for as long as possible.

re-apply as desired; even do it again right after the aspirin on there crumbles off.

if i get a cyst i'll stay in for a night and just keep the aspirin on there for a long time. with repeated applications, i've found that it'll bring the cyst to a head in anywhere from a few hours to two days (not that you have to walk around for two days with aspirin on your face; just do it as much as possible within that time period). it does help with the pain and swelling in-between.

this is also not practical for a severe amount of cysts. i saw a dermatologist who mostly cleared my skin up; now i only get the occasional one or two cysts at a time.

once it comes to a head, don't squeeze or needle it; you'll get an awful scar. wet a cottonball with water as hot as you can stand to put on your face and stick it on the head. this should melt the scabby part of the whitehead away; if it doesn't you can gently rub the cotton ball on the head. keep putting hot water on the cotton ball because if the water cools down the pus will harden up again. once the head is off, GENTLY PRESS the sides of it with two q-tips to make sure there's no more pus in there; you shouldn't have to SQUEEZE it to get whatever's left in there, otherwise apply the hot cottonball again for a few minutes (and if you still feel that you need to squeeze, stop doing what you're doing so you won't get a nasty scar). then press on it to slow bleeding and apply rubbing alcohol. keep pressing while you get an liquid/instant bandage applicator ready, and apply the liquid bandage to the head. don't apply too much liquid bandage or it'll look really bad if you wear makeup over it.

now, if it was a HUGE cyst (as i've had), you're gonna be left with a giant crater in your face. don't be scared; just apply the liquid bandage and go on your way.

i've found that this method creates less severe scars than when i just leave the cyst there.

anyway, it takes a while to get the whole thing down right, but don't give up. good luck guys!

MemberMember
(@whoyou)

Posted : 01/05/2008 12:02 am

put a drop of water on a plate (not paper) and put one uncoated aspirin tablet in the middle of the drop

wash your face

a few minutes later, go back to the plate. by now the aspirin should have turned into powder. if it hasn't after more than five minutes, add one more drop and wait again

apply the powder directly on the cyst. you can put a TINY bit of water on the cyst (just enough to make the powder stick) and then put some of the powder on your finger and tap it onto the cyst. then mix a little bit of water with the rest of the powder (so it's almost like a paste) and apply the rest of it on top of the powder that's already on there.

it dries out really fast and can crumble if you move around or talk. try laying down or not talking so you can keep as much of the aspirin you can on there for as long as possible.

re-apply as desired; even do it again right after the aspirin on there crumbles off.

if i get a cyst i'll stay in for a night and just keep the aspirin on there for a long time. with repeated applications, i've found that it'll bring the cyst to a head in anywhere from a few hours to two days (not that you have to walk around for two days with aspirin on your face; just do it as much as possible within that time period). it does help with the pain and swelling in-between.

this is also not practical for a severe amount of cysts. i saw a dermatologist who mostly cleared my skin up; now i only get the occasional one or two cysts at a time.

once it comes to a head, don't squeeze or needle it; you'll get an awful scar. wet a cottonball with water as hot as you can stand to put on your face and stick it on the head. this should melt the scabby part of the whitehead away; if it doesn't you can gently rub the cotton ball on the head. keep putting hot water on the cotton ball because if the water cools down the pus will harden up again. once the head is off, GENTLY PRESS the sides of it with two q-tips to make sure there's no more pus in there; you shouldn't have to SQUEEZE it to get whatever's left in there, otherwise apply the hot cottonball again for a few minutes (and if you still feel that you need to squeeze, stop doing what you're doing so you won't get a nasty scar). then press on it to slow bleeding and apply rubbing alcohol. keep pressing while you get an liquid/instant bandage applicator ready, and apply the liquid bandage to the head. don't apply too much liquid bandage or it'll look really bad if you wear makeup over it.

now, if it was a HUGE cyst (as i've had), you're gonna be left with a giant crater in your face. don't be scared; just apply the liquid bandage and go on your way.

i've found that this method creates less severe scars than when i just leave the cyst there.

anyway, it takes a while to get the whole thing down right, but don't give up. good luck guys!

what if you do th asprin thing, but dont try to pop the cyst? I think its stupid to try to pop a cyst, it will get a lot worst.

MemberMember
(@dsrfgsertwe)

Posted : 01/17/2008 11:11 pm

what if you do th asprin thing, but dont try to pop the cyst? I think its stupid to try to pop a cyst, it will get a lot worst.

oh, that's fine! makes it a lot less noticeable under makeup

MemberMember
(@medic)

Posted : 01/21/2008 2:30 pm

This worked for me.

MemberMember
(@kelssing)

Posted : 10/11/2008 1:41 pm

would it only work if the asprin was uncoated?? i have lite coated asprin that i've been using... but now i'm not sure if it will work

MemberMember
(@paulyd)

Posted : 10/11/2008 7:07 pm

mmm

MemberMember
(@nicolnick)

Posted : 10/23/2008 10:06 pm

Ooo, I should try this.

MemberMember
(@priscilla-romans)

Posted : 07/28/2017 6:46 pm

I'm trying this! Thank you for the advice!

MemberMember
(@oxalis)

Posted : 07/31/2017 9:26 am

Salicylic acid products for your face are the same drug as aspirin. Couldn't you just use salicylic acid spot treatment? There's tons of them around, you think it'd give the same outcome.

MemberMember
(@asianacneman)

Posted : 09/06/2018 1:15 pm

Usually if I have a cyst that comes to a head, I'll gently rub off the top layer of scab and then work on squeezing the borders of it. I try my best not to squeeze on top of it as it can push more bacteria into the cyst. After everything is removed and all that's left is blood I will wash my face and moisturise as usual and the cyst will just dry up as a little spot and within a week the scab will peel off nicely leaving little to no scars. I feel this way works better for me and the cyst goes away real quickly too.