Notifications
Clear all

I threw out my blackhead extractor...

MemberMember
(@shimmery-star)

Posted : 05/12/2007 6:33 pm

I had one of those tweezerman black head extractors. It worked really well. When I first got it, I loved it and got rid of like 30 blackheads in the first day. Then, it became a problem. I would use it too much, it was becoming addicting. A lot of times, a blackhead would refuse to come out, so I would apply too much pressure. The result, red/brown spots. It seemed like every time I walked into my bathroom, I would get the extractor and start destroying my face. I now have more brown spots than ever. Today, I just had to throw it out. I was sick of the marks. Now, it's going to be impposible to get rid of them. :(

MemberMember
(@xaaronx)

Posted : 05/13/2007 12:23 pm

Go to the doctors and see what they can do for you?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/13/2007 1:46 pm

Ouch! That's why I use mine once a month only. :) I found I have the willpower to do so. I'm actually a bit shocked. Good luck in the healing. Perhaps consider an esthetician visit? Some do extractions, but you'll want to make sure you go to a good one who has customer recommendations and is gentle and clean/sterile!

MemberMember
(@shimmery-star)

Posted : 05/13/2007 6:24 pm

Ouch! That's why I use mine once a month only. :) I found I have the willpower to do so. I'm actually a bit shocked. Good luck in the healing. Perhaps consider an esthetician visit? Some do extractions, but you'll want to make sure you go to a good one who has customer recommendations and is gentle and clean/sterile!
MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/14/2007 12:52 am

...It's actually not that bad. The marks didn't start happening until a few weeks ago. They are fading fast though, which is a good thing.
MemberMember
(@menace)

Posted : 05/14/2007 11:12 am

yes , i recently have purchased a extractor aswell. Hopefully i wont become addicted to my new friend!

MemberMember
(@morethanaface)

Posted : 05/14/2007 12:16 pm

I had one of those tweezerman black head extractors. It worked really well. When I first got it, I loved it and got rid of like 30 blackheads in the first day. Then, it became a problem. I would use it too much, it was becoming addicting. A lot of times, a blackhead would refuse to come out, so I would apply too much pressure. The result, red/brown spots. It seemed like every time I walked into my bathroom, I would get the extractor and start destroying my face. I now have more brown spots than ever. Today, I just had to throw it out. I was sick of the marks. Now, it's going to be impposible to get rid of them. :(
MemberMember
(@zapata99)

Posted : 04/06/2014 6:08 pm

im a fan of the honey/salt and baking soda/milk. everyones different

MemberMember
(@marie4u)

Posted : 04/08/2014 4:05 am

On 5/13/2007 at 5:33 AM, shimmery-star said:

I had one of those tweezerman black head extractors. It worked really well. When I first got it, I loved it and got rid of like 30 blackheads in the first day. Then, it became a problem. I would use it too much, it was becoming addicting. A lot of times, a blackhead would refuse to come out, so I would apply too much pressure. The result, red/brown spots. It seemed like every time I walked into my bathroom, I would get the extractor and start destroying my face. I now have more brown spots than ever. Today, I just had to throw it out. I was sick of the marks. Now, it's going to be impposible to get rid of them. /default/sad.gif

excessive use of anycosmetic is not good. you have to remain safe.