Notifications
Clear all

Scar Free....Finally....Almost!

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 06/23/2005 9:50 am

I'm just wondering why you won't answer the questions. Like price and the name of your dr. Is there a specific reason why you won't be specific? Most of us won't have this procedure done, but curiosity propels us to want a little more information. I won't ask again, but can you please

1. Tell us the price

2. Where did you get it done

Thank-you.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2005 12:32 pm

when u say this im wondering what type of scars..this seems like for deep ice pick and rolling scars....

does this work for shallow box scars?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2005 12:34 pm

how big were ur scars..

u dont wanna post after pics yet?

maybe in good lighting?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/23/2005 12:48 pm

also whats the pain factor...

does ur skin feel "tight" in certian places.

MemberMember
(@love26)

Posted : 06/25/2005 5:47 pm

Hi,

I'm really new here, but I thought I'd share some info to (hopefully) perk some spirits up!

I've had acne scars for about 8 years or so. Most of them were rolling a few boxcar and a smattering of icepicks all over my cheeks. I was so depressed about 3 years ago I thought about ending it...and came pretty darn close.

Here's all the procedures I've had in the past 6 years:

Microdermabrasion (did nothing)

Subcision (short lived results)

Needling (had this done the same time as the subcisions)

Co2 laser (hated it)

Smoothbeam (did nothing)

Fillers (Zplast, Radiance, it's all faded now)

Punch Grafts (helped with boxcar, but rolling was not treated)

Dermabrasion (full face, helped a little)

Jessner's Peels (4 of them)

More Punch Grafts (helped a little)

And guess what? None of those treatments made much of a difference except for maybe the last 3....I still looked hideous in most lighting.

Finally I got to that point again where I felt like ending it all and I decided to try the most scary thing of all. I thought I might as well...what did I have to lose? So, I had the scars surgically removed one by one (except the icepicks. I'm working on that) and 3 linear scars that are mild and the result of Co2 laser. The ones I had surgically removed were the boxcars and rolling ones. They were incised not excised. My whole face was full of tiny stitches....36 of them in all!

I was really unhappy the first 3 months of healing. I thought I'd created a monster and I was freaked. But over time about 8 months I noticed that everthing was working out. Here was the KEY because so much skin was removed (in tiny parts), it made my skin tighter which I KNOW if you've ever pulled your skin tight you can see many of your scars flatten out and appear to disappear. It was an added bonus. I just wish I would've done it sooner.

I had to get rid of all the little red marks from the stitches. So I started off with some light peels and then had another Jessner's. That was in January. Now, I am basically scar free except for the *&(#@$ icepicks and linears. My skin texture went from a rippley effect to a muuuch smoother one I think because of all the peels and the stitches pulling the skin tighter. I did TCA Cross twice in March and it didn't do much. I'm hoping I can find a doctor who can do it. But so far the ones I've consulted with always push for "full face" peels.

My skin is by no means "perfect". After all these years and so many treatments I finally have HOPE and I'm not so insecure. I don't feel like hiding. I can actually look people in the eye which may not sound like much but to me that's huge progress.

I'd say I have about 90-95% improvement because I only have about a dozen tiny icepicks left and the linear scars are very mild, the dermabrasion helped to soften them. Keep in mind it took me 8 long years of failed treatments to finally figure out what to do. I'm actually thankful I became so hopefully desperate or else I would have never had the nerve to have the scars surgically removed.

isnt it bad to do all those things to your skin?? didnt it make you look older? what effect did it have on your skin?

MemberMember
(@goldrex)

Posted : 06/25/2005 5:57 pm

God, GO, don't be such a beast. Just PM him, get the reply, and post it yourself if his "evasion" is really sending you into fits.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 06/25/2005 7:28 pm

Listen, asshat, call me a beast again and i'll ask to have you banned from these boards permanently. Have a nice day smile.gif

MemberMember
(@trouble)

Posted : 06/25/2005 8:13 pm

Listen, asshat, call me a beast again and i'll ask to have you banned from these boards permanently. Have a nice day smile.gif

ROFL

MemberMember
(@capshaw)

Posted : 06/26/2005 12:11 am

I'm just wondering why you won't answer the questions....Most of us won't have this procedure done

On the first page of this thread, you will see that I am open to providing detailed information about who treated me and the cost of the procedure, via PM.

So far, you haven't asked for the information via PM.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 06/26/2005 11:53 am

Why do I have to PM you for the cost of the procedure? I'm trying to save you time by making that information available to anyone? I can understand you not wanting to post the name of the dr. but the price shouldn't be a problem, should it?

That's fine. Thank you for what you have posted thus far.

MemberMember
(@mimi2005)

Posted : 06/26/2005 12:21 pm

Capshaw , did you get my pms?

MemberMember
(@capshaw)

Posted : 06/26/2005 12:25 pm

Okay, all the PM's are answered.

MemberMember
(@capshaw)

Posted : 06/26/2005 12:34 pm

but the price shouldn't be a problem, should it?

About $7,000.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/26/2005 6:08 pm

I also would like to know, why do people have to private message you on information that should be readily available for all. Its not a scam your trying to hold on us all.... so why be so with-holding on free information.

Also keep the posts less personal attacking please. I hope i see no more of it.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 06/26/2005 10:54 pm

Thanks prince charming smile.gif

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 06/26/2005 10:55 pm

but the price shouldn't be a problem, should it?

About $7,000.

I would like to sincerely thank-you for posting the price. It's quite a bit more pricy than a dermabrasion isn't it? But, you found it to be better. Is it good for box scars or icepics only?

MemberMember
(@capshaw)

Posted : 06/27/2005 3:22 am

I also would like to know, why do people have to private message you on information that should be readily available for all. Its not a scam your trying to hold on us all.... so why be so with-holding on free information.

Also keep the posts less personal attacking please. I hope i see no more of it.

Hi Craig, I have my reasons about not posting particulars on the doctors or prices on the board. They are good, valid reasons. My point was to hopefully help others in explaining this procedure and how it helped, what it was like, the recovery and downtime, who makes a good candidate for it, and so forth, while at the same time offer to provide information via PM. Obviously, that's not enough for some people so I'm not going to continue posting about the procedure...I'm not going to return to this board or check this thread again. Thank the people who thought personal attacks were more important than the interest of others. I wish you all well.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2005 6:25 am

goodbye.

MemberMember
(@jenfen)

Posted : 06/27/2005 2:23 pm

This was a really weird thread. eusa_think.gif I sometimes worry that my doctor may read these types of, sites because i know of some that do. But, if I only had positive things to say I wouldnt mind saying the name of the doctor and price.

Maybe capshaw thought we would rush his doctors and he would have to wait longer for an appointment. How selfish!!! Hee lol.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2005 4:19 pm

Hi,

I'm really new here, but I thought I'd share some info to (hopefully) perk some spirits up!

I've had acne scars for about 8 years or so. Most of them were rolling a few boxcar and a smattering of icepicks all over my cheeks. I was so depressed about 3 years ago I thought about ending it...and came pretty darn close.

Here's all the procedures I've had in the past 6 years:

Microdermabrasion (did nothing)

Subcision (short lived results)

Needling (had this done the same time as the subcisions)

Co2 laser (hated it)

Smoothbeam (did nothing)

Fillers (Zplast, Radiance, it's all faded now)

Punch Grafts (helped with boxcar, but rolling was not treated)

Dermabrasion (full face, helped a little)

Jessner's Peels (4 of them)

More Punch Grafts (helped a little)

And guess what? None of those treatments made much of a difference except for maybe the last 3....I still looked hideous in most lighting.

Finally I got to that point again where I felt like ending it all and I decided to try the most scary thing of all. I thought I might as well...what did I have to lose? So, I had the scars surgically removed one by one (except the icepicks. I'm working on that) and 3 linear scars that are mild and the result of Co2 laser. The ones I had surgically removed were the boxcars and rolling ones. They were incised not excised. My whole face was full of tiny stitches....36 of them in all!

I was really unhappy the first 3 months of healing. I thought I'd created a monster and I was freaked. But over time about 8 months I noticed that everthing was working out. Here was the KEY because so much skin was removed (in tiny parts), it made my skin tighter which I KNOW if you've ever pulled your skin tight you can see many of your scars flatten out and appear to disappear. It was an added bonus. I just wish I would've done it sooner.

I had to get rid of all the little red marks from the stitches. So I started off with some light peels and then had another Jessner's. That was in January. Now, I am basically scar free except for the *&(#@$ icepicks and linears. My skin texture went from a rippley effect to a muuuch smoother one I think because of all the peels and the stitches pulling the skin tighter. I did TCA Cross twice in March and it didn't do much. I'm hoping I can find a doctor who can do it. But so far the ones I've consulted with always push for "full face" peels.

My skin is by no means "perfect". After all these years and so many treatments I finally have HOPE and I'm not so insecure. I don't feel like hiding. I can actually look people in the eye which may not sound like much but to me that's huge progress.

I'd say I have about 90-95% improvement because I only have about a dozen tiny icepicks left and the linear scars are very mild, the dermabrasion helped to soften them. Keep in mind it took me 8 long years of failed treatments to finally figure out what to do. I'm actually thankful I became so hopefully desperate or else I would have never had the nerve to have the scars surgically removed.

dictionary.com

incision-A cut into a body tissue or organ, especially one made during surgery.

The scar resulting from such a cut

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2005 4:26 pm

wait this doesnt make sense

if a incision is to cut into the tissue than a

excision is when the scar is cut out and stiched up

did she mean excision

MemberMember
(@l0ve)

Posted : 06/27/2005 6:08 pm

wait this doesnt make sense

if a incision is to cut into the tissue than a

excision is when the scar is cut out and stiched up

did she mean excision

Hi Delta,

I had this procedure a few weeks ago and there is a BIG difference between incision and excision. Basically, an excision cuts out the scar. Whereas an incision is merely an opening to LIFT the scar. If you can think of it this way....the cut is just a slit to allow the doctor to "get in there." Once he's "in there," he lifts the deeper layers and sutures them to the upper layers. Hence, evening out the depressed scar. I know it can sound confusing, but it's really not.

Kiki

JackDoe liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2005 6:42 pm

hey great someone else is doing this

how are ur results..what type of scars did u get done

MemberMember
(@mikey)

Posted : 06/27/2005 7:54 pm

does anybody ever heard of this procedure??

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 06/27/2005 8:01 pm

Whoa, Capshaw, what happened. Why are you getting mad? Eek.