Notifications
Clear all

Will scars fill in with time?

MemberMember
(@electroscars)

Posted : 06/20/2005 7:54 pm

Hi all,

I am just wondering; do scars fill in over time? Mine are not acne scars but they are relatively fresh (6 months if that). I am only 24. I know that when you are younger your skin heals faster. Is this really true? Should I expect them to fill themselves over time? They are very shallow...just little tiny dots almost; no real deep indents. I think I am just being overly optimistic. I wonder if TCA cross would get rid of it b/c they're so small. Just thinking...

MemberMember
(@new_guy1)

Posted : 06/20/2005 9:12 pm

Yeah, they should fill in. It just takes time and patience. I had a bad breakout last year and thought for sure a few of the marks would lead to scarring, but they didn't.

MemberMember
(@electroscars)

Posted : 06/20/2005 9:17 pm

Yeah, they should fill in.  It just takes time and patience.  I had a bad breakout last year and thought for sure a few of the marks would lead to scarring, but they didn't.

Did you actually have indents or just red marks? I have minor indents...I wonder if all of them are permanent or if they will fill in with time. It's only been 6 months, but they are still there :-(

MemberMember
(@madidog20)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:23 am

update? did your guys stuff fill in? mine aren't really indented it's hard to tell they're fresh and i'm young too

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 08/09/2013 5:12 pm

They will get worse in the long term as facial fat goes away...during the aging process.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:09 pm

Typically speaking, a "permanent" acne scar is one that remains on your skin one year out from its beginning. So in another 6 months time, if your scars are still there, then you could possibly class them as being "permanent". I use the term permanent lightly though as there are so many treatments that can be done to correct scarring these days that not all scars are truly permanent. smile.png

The aging process, as mentioned, is not something you should even be worrying about. Really! We all age, it is inevitable. Look at your skin how it is now and treat it as best as you can. For me, I will look after my skin until the day I die, so really the aging process worry is moot.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/10/2013 8:50 am

The simple answer to the OPs question is NO! What possible reason does you body have to change what has already healed as far as it is concerned.