Notifications
Clear all

pores joining together

MemberMember
(@girlrwoman)

Posted : 01/16/2005 2:54 pm

I heard this in a recent thread but was off topic, it happenned to me too, so I am desparate to get some ideas about it.

Does anyone know why this is caused, I mean enlarged pores is one thing, but they are still tolerable, if the pores join together it no longer looks like pores, but a huge scar.

Did this ever happen to anyone else? If so, is there a way to correct that by scar revision treatments?

Damn how many things can one fight at the same time, first I am fighting my acne with accutane, then I am thinking of fighting my scars after I am done with tane, now this !!!

I often asked my derm about the dots in my face,which have come even without a pimple there and he is of course clueless, but now after reading polka's post it looks like these mysterious pits could be pores joining together.

Is there a way out of this mess? Can these joined pores caused pits be corrected?

Luv

MemberMember
(@lexilex)

Posted : 02/23/2005 9:01 pm

i've been on accutane for 10 days now, and i feel like the pores on my nose are CRAZY large...not really joining together like 'girlrwoman' said, but huge. and oily--does it go away?

let me know... is that something that is eventually treatable??

thanks in advance for any info!

MemberMember
(@shade)

Posted : 02/23/2005 9:01 pm

i've been on accutane for 10 days now, and i feel like the pores on my nose are CRAZY large...not really joining together like 'girlrwoman' said, but huge. and oily--does it go away?

let me know... is that something that is eventually treatable??

thanks in advance for any info!

mine went away while i was on accutane, but after 2 years they're back sad.gif

MemberMember
(@old-kato)

Posted : 02/27/2005 1:44 am

I have very oily skin especially on my nose. Over 30 yrs. of living with this, I had developed several large icepicks. Using TCA Cross, I have raised up and sealed the largest of these icepicks. I notice that as these huge craters were being filled up as result of TCA Cross, I can actually see smaller individual pores that had previously been joined together to form a large pit. So, you may want to try TCA Cross on these pits. As everyone has noted, it will look much larger, red, ugly and worse when you initially use TCA Cross, but it will actually improve, raise, and then seal itself up. This has been documented and others on the forums have atested to this. I believe that the problem is that most of us are not patient enough to let the body heal. If you are patience and do it regulary - 30 -45 days apart, you will see signicant success over 4-6 sessons. You can do it yourself if you are mature and stead. If you are uncomfortable, find a dr. to do it for you. It has worked for me after trying some many good procedures. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@northernflower21)

Posted : 02/27/2005 11:34 pm

I have had this happen to me. what use to me small open pores have joined together and formed very small, shallow lines (especially on my forehead). All of my problems began after using retin A for active acne. I have since stopped and I am also looking for a treatment to rid me of these scars/pores. It seems like there is no perfect solution for everyone and results will vary. I have come to the conclusion that its just best to research every solution and find the ones with the best outcomes, decide what suits you the best, and go for it.

MemberMember
(@jmd1568)

Posted : 06/17/2015 4:32 pm

Anybody had success with this? I am currently on accutane and it seems like these lines or shallow scars are almost being unearthed from deep within my skin. I can see their shadow from far off and then it kinda grows into a shallow scar. I also had a ton of issues on retin A and I am convinced that caused it. I took accutane in the past and it caused my skin to clear up beautifully now my face is riddled with scars and pock marks and big pores.

MemberMember
(@fcb17)

Posted : 06/17/2015 8:14 pm

Would subcision be helpful for something like this? I've read that subcision generally is not the solution for enlarged / scared pores and shallow icepicks, so was wondering if anyone had thoughts on doing subcision for scarred pores in isolation and / or when a bunch of pores form a line?

MemberMember
(@jmd1568)

Posted : 06/18/2015 9:29 am

I'm interested in a laser long after my accutane course is done but i read a lot of disaster stories online and overall it just seems very dangerous. But at the same time if my skin keeps deteriorating idk what other options I have.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 06/19/2015 7:38 am

I have huge scarred looking pores and a wide shallow scar just from using 10% glycolic acid. It sucks and they are still there almost 7 months later. I am surprised that I keep seeing so many people reporting this same thing happening, whether it's from acids/exfoliation, retin-a or accutane. Initially I thought I was alone in developing random ice pick scars. My scarring (or whatever it is) is shallow and only noticeable up close so my derm told me it could get better, but if it doesn't improve after a year or so I am considering a dermstamp. I wish you the best!!

MemberMember
(@andyc192)

Posted : 06/20/2015 3:43 pm

Hi all I've battled acne from age of 17 - 21ish. From 19 in was put on accutane ( roaccutane in uk) I had about 4 bouts of the stuff, maybe to many my mind playing tricks that I had bad acne and so I was crying out for accutane every time I had a break out.

Cut a long story short in 2009 I wait and finally got ablative co2 laser from NHS ( free treatment in uk if your desperate?)

They said " we will do one cheek at a time in case you don't like it. First week or so after surgery was feeling fantastic, high hopes for the future etc. Then my skin returned to normal. Then I noticed more acne scars ( I did not have any breakouts whilst my skin healed). I was then told to stay out the sun forever or at least we're sun block for life. I was depressed ( still ) paranoia the hole lot.

I then tried 2 fraxel lasers on all of face. Face was the same, no results.

Now its been 4 years I developed more acne like scars every now and then. My skin musts scar easily. Each pore gets bigger and joins together. I've hit a dead end.

I pretend I'm ok but deep down I'm fighting a losing battle that know one knows about

Sorry I am now 30 years old

MemberMember
(@jmd1568)

Posted : 06/22/2015 9:02 am

Sorry about the damage Andy, and no change from 3 lasers but honestly dude your skin is pretty freaking great im not lying or exaggerating. I think you are probably just trying too many procedures on your face and it is getting irritated. I would just relax and leave it alone and let it heal, maybe with moisturizer or some light products.

What happened with me, and maybe you can relate or remember, is that before I took retin-a I had about a 3-4 month battle with whiteheads ranging from mild-medium amounts on my cheeks and chin. I couldn't stand the site of them and a lot of the stuff i was taking wasn't working and so I lanced a good amount of them (sigh*) with a tack. I did clean the tacks a lot before using them but not going to lie that is what I did. Starting a brand new job I didnt want to stroll into work with a bunch of white bubbles on my face. Now because I took accutane in highschool and also because I freaking lanced pimples I am guessing some scars formed in some layer of my skin.

Now when I used the retin-a, it not only made a lot of my pores big but also uncovered some of those small scars hidden under my top skin layers. That's the only thing I can think of. I was clear for years and always refused to pop and definitely never lanced pimples before that but I was just so anxious about my first real life job that I couldn't deal with it.

Now even though the quality of my face has dropped significantly since last year, I will say i believe there is some improvement since using accutane and the potential for more improvement in the future. Since being on accutane I have experienced more face flushing than I ever have, not sure if its directly from the accutane or if I have developed rosacea somehow. Cheek to cheek across my nose will get very noticeably red and hot. As it gets hot my pores inflame and I think that could be leading to some of the expanding and joining of pores. By cutting down on anxiety (less face staring in mirror), eating/drinking less piping hot foods and beverages, drinking more water, and drinking less alcohol I have been able to decrease the frequency of the flushing and irritation to my skin and it looks noticeably calmer day to day.