Notifications
Clear all

Currently at a complete standstill!

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 07/03/2022 6:20 pm

For the uninitiated, my face in certain light looks like a road full of pot holes. It actually looks the most like that at my gym. >:(

Years of filling individual scars slowly made my skin have that pot holed road look and then Dr. Novick really did a number on my face by injecting two rows of filler in each cheek. He said a foundation needed to be laid. He was convinced of it.  Lumpy now best describes how the worst cheek appears. In certain lights "ghastly" would be apt.

So I met with a local doctor and sent so many follow up email questions about subcision, that she politely said she was probably not the doctor for me.  I may still go back for another consult. 

Then there is the Taylor liberator in Salt Lake City. I did inquire. Dr. Taylor said he could help. But I'm in Philadelphia so it's a schlep. I did not go for a consult.

I have many fears, the topmost being that I could actually make matters worse either through an infection, new lumps, or nerve damage. My scar lessening journey seems to only worsen matters.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 07/03/2022 7:39 pm

1 hour ago, Urbanite said:

For the uninitiated, my face in certain light looks like a road full of pot holes. It actually looks the most like that at my gym. >:(

Years of filling individual scars slowly made my skin have that pot holed road look and then Dr. Novick really did a number on my face by injecting two rows of filler in each cheek. He said a foundation needed to be laid. He was convinced of it.  Lumpy now best describes how the worst cheek appears. In certain lights "ghastly" would be apt.

So I met with a local doctor and sent so many follow up email questions about subcision, that she politely said she was probably not the doctor for me.  I may still go back for another consult. 

Then there is the Taylor liberator in Salt Lake City. I did inquire. Dr. Taylor said he could help. But I'm in Philadelphia so it's a schlep. I did not go for a consult.

I have many fears, the topmost being that I could actually make matters worse either through an infection, new lumps, or nerve damage. My scar lessening journey seems to only worsen matters.

Any thoughts?

To be honest, constant fillers is long term very messy to the face in that they say it screws with elastin or collagen if done long term. Of course I don't know degrees on that but it's sort of well known. Subcision is more permanent if it works, in combination with temporary fillers (like 5-7 maybe). Of course if subcision doesn't work well then it's a problem because there's not a lot of atrophy or rolling options. Most options like laser or dermabrasion focus on the resurfacing aspects (nicks) and filler long term is costly, and harsh on the skin.

It's hard to really suggest a course of action but if your face is really bad then you should probably gamble on some subcision but only with experts if you have more damage from filler. Don't just go to random people. Some people with the worst scars have rounds of subcision.

Nerve damage, eh, it's scary but I don't think it's super likely really if an expert gauges it. Lumps and infection are always a risk with any procedure but again with an expert it's far less likely. Trust me I feel ya. I have shallow scars and the lights are driving me insane. Of course I feel really bad for the worse off, I wish I could help or others could help more. 

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/29/2022 12:07 am

On 7/3/2022 at 8:39 PM, harmlessboy1441 said:

To be honest, constant fillers is long term very messy to the face in that they say it screws with elastin or collagen if done long term. Of course I don't know degrees on that but it's sort of well known. Subcision is more permanent if it works, in combination with temporary fillers (like 5-7 maybe). Of course if subcision doesn't work well then it's a problem because there's not a lot of atrophy or rolling options. Most options like laser or dermabrasion focus on the resurfacing aspects (nicks) and filler long term is costly, and harsh on the skin.

It's hard to really suggest a course of action but if your face is really bad then you should probably gamble on some subcision but only with experts if you have more damage from filler. Don't just go to random people. Some people with the worst scars have rounds of subcision.

Nerve damage, eh, it's scary but I don't think it's super likely really if an expert gauges it. Lumps and infection are always a risk with any procedure but again with an expert it's far less likely. Trust me I feel ya. I have shallow scars and the lights are driving me insane. Of course I feel really bad for the worse off, I wish I could help or others could help more.

Thanks for weighing in. My face is pretty bad depending on the light situation, but I know with a bad procedure I can make it worse.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 08/29/2022 9:04 am

can't help without pics

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/29/2022 10:58 pm