Notifications
Clear all

Rolling scars - subcision with temporary filler or suction cupping or both?

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/22/2022 1:04 pm

Hi all,

I'm booked in to get subcision done next week on the rolling scars on my jawline, cheeks & temples & the doctor recommended a temporary hyaluronic acid filler (Restylane) be used as well.

This will be my first subcision. From what I've read, I'm expecting to get multiple subcisions with gradual improvement each time.

The price where I am currently working (Eastern Europe) is relatively cheap (150 euro for the subcision & 300 euros for the filler) so price isn't really part of the consideration for me.

In this case, should I opt for the filler or just have the subcision & buy some suction cups? Or even do both?

I've read about some possible negative reactions to filler (strokes & blindness - yikes!), can anyone shed any light on this or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for any thoughts.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/22/2022 2:45 pm

I have never heard of anything related to strokes or blindness, but I suspect there's low chances of infection or maybe keloid scarring or something along those lines. I don't think I've seen a post of a subcision that produced something irreversible yet, although I think acnescarssuck was it that had subcision and it got infected or something I honestly forget what he said went wrong, but it didn't work for him.

I've seen dozens and dozens of patients posting it mostly either did nothing, did 5-15% or did something great like 40-60% which leads me to believe it has similar risks to mainly any other surgical procedure. Probably best to get a more experienced person. But double check with others on here, because I don't follow it super closely.

To answer your question, I personally think filler helps but I don't know if it's necessary really as if the subcision works it might work irregardless, but there's conflicting opinions on whether filler is the tie breaker on what makes it more successful or not. I don't know.

Generally subcision is simply poking underneath the scar and attempting to untether the bindings of the upper layer and the middle layer and case regrowth underneath. The filler may help to keep it from rebinding quicker but either way the poking "should" generate some more volume if you're a good outcome/case.

Masty liked