Notifications
Clear all

Is the phenol peel even worth it?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/19/2022 2:00 pm

I think those were scarred pores more than icepick. Icepicks are deep in nature.

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 06/19/2022 2:07 pm

21 hours ago, gynoscar said:

It is 100% worth it for me. 

I'm planning to make my own review soon with pics and stuff.

I got the phenol peel done in May 2021. Just searching through my album, this is a comparison of before and after with similar angle (different lightning of course).

I have a bunch of mixed shallow/deep scars throughout my cheeks/temple/face. 

I circled a few deep scars for easier for easier analysis. The outline of the deep scar still persists but is a lot more shallower.

Some of the shallow scars disappear completely. Easily 60-70% improvement for me which makes it worth it.

image.png.3b6f6b8e9cf6f19517165a51ad0c7aab.png

Solid stuff! I wish I hate my temple scars the most since it's the first thing I see after I've gotten a haircut! I have similar improvements on my cheeks but man I'm hard on myself at times. 

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/19/2022 2:55 pm

48 minutes ago, wombatstaywoke said:

Solid stuff! I wish I hate my temple scars the most since it's the first thing I see after I've gotten a haircut! I have similar improvements on my cheeks but man I'm hard on myself at times.

For temples usually fillers are done

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 06/19/2022 3:04 pm

8 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

For temples usually fillers are done

My temple scars are more rolling/atrophic than they are boxcar/icepick. They'd have to subcise it a bit to even get some improvement before any filler would be used.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/19/2022 3:06 pm

1 minute ago, wombatstaywoke said:

My temple scars are more rolling/atrophic than they are boxcar/icepick. They'd have to subcise it a bit to even get some improvement before any filler would be used.

Yes if they are tethered than Subcison plus filler that is what dr rullan told me. He said temple scar dont improve except the tethering the edges and then filler is added

MemberMember
(@orangelaser162gmail-com)

Posted : 06/19/2022 3:20 pm

On 6/17/2022 at 2:40 PM, vtv131313 said:

Hello! I am new to the forum. I have no acne scars, but I have fractional co2 laser scars. I have been reading the forum for a long time and I have seriously considered phenolic chemobrasion as a correction. did and saw amazing results, at least in the photos they posted. There are a few users who have not uploaded photos but claim to have over 50% improvement. Who here has made phenol without any results?

I also have laser scarring. getting the phenol in two months. are you saying you got it? or are just considering it? one thing im worried about is the scarring is already hypopigmented so i worry ill lose even more pigmentation. im a pretty light skin tone though. Dr rullan said the fibrotic tissue actually just hides the pigmented skin below.

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 06/19/2022 3:20 pm

this is exactly the result I'm looking for

thank you very much @gynoscar you give me hope

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 06/27/2022 12:56 pm

Why is phenol peel so much ? 6K is utterly ridiculous, these ppl have no shame.

How much does the acid material actually cost, like 50 bucks ? lol

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 06/27/2022 5:41 pm

4 hours ago, Vidrar said:

The majority of acne scar doctors are shameless

You liked
MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 06/28/2022 1:50 am

12 hours ago, Vidrar said:

They probably buy it in bulk so...$5 per patient?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/28/2022 7:43 am

Raw material are cheap it is mostly the expertise you are paying for and anasthesia they put you on and the administration cost.

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 07/02/2022 8:41 am

I texted Rullan office a question on Monday still no reply lol this customer service is something else

I texted Rullan office a question on Monday still no reply lol this customer service is something else they must be getting paid pennies OR have apathetic oversight

I dont know whats worse

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/08/2022 8:39 pm

On 7/2/2022 at 6:41 AM, Catharsis2018 said:

I texted Rullan office a question on Monday still no reply lol this customer service is something else

I texted Rullan office a question on Monday still no reply lol this customer service is something else they must be getting paid pennies OR have apathetic oversight

I dont know whats worse

Did you get contact with Dr. Rullan's office? I tried emailing them, but didn't got reply....

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 08/09/2022 5:47 pm

21 hours ago, froyosh said:

Did you get contact with Dr. Rullan's office? I tried emailing them, but didn't got reply....

Yes

persistency is key

call them if anything