Notifications
Clear all

Verteporfin is not effective, according to one plastic surgeon

MemberMember
(@astralscarecrowgmail-com)

Posted : 03/22/2022 9:00 pm

Verteporfin apparently doesn't work. I found this claim in this post on Realself: "Scar revision with off-label use of Verteporfin?": https://www.realself.com/question/los-angeles-california-tats-unis-scar-revision-label-verteporfin

This plastic surgeon says it's not helpful. I understand it hasn't been through all the clinical trials yet, but since he is a plastic surgeon I'm guessing he has tried the drug and found it to be ineffective. I'm really, really hoping that he's just wrong or dishonest, but I think that view is probablyirrational.

This was pretty much my last hope, so I don't know what to do. I don't think I can wait for treatments that aren't available yet. And even though microcoring is technically available we don't know if it works for acne scars or those with acne scars would be able to use it for that purpose.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 03/23/2022 4:29 am

Dont listen to him hes a bit of a wanker, he hasnt tried it he just dosent want people to think there might be a cure as nobody would use his overpriced lasers if that was the case

MemberMember

Posted : 03/23/2022 9:49 am

I really hope you're right.

Thing is, he could still charge thousands to do scar removal even if verteporfin works. The drug is extremely expensive when bought normally, so that's already a couplethousand dollars right there (that's about how much it costs right now.)Plus the extra money for the excisions, and then anesthesia on top of that,fees, etc. Doctors could still make tons of money from it.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 03/23/2022 9:50 am

Just now, ScarfromtheLionKing said:

I really hope you're right.

Thing is, he could still charge thousands to do scar removal even if verteporfin works. The drug is extremely expensive when bought normally, so that's already a couplethousand dollars right there (that's about how much it costs right now.)Plus the extra money for the excisions, and then anesthesia on top of that,fees, etc. Doctors could still make tons of money from it.

Not as much as hes making now though, there money is in repeated treatments.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/23/2022 9:51 am

Just now, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

Not as much as hes making now though, there money is in repeated treatments.

Yes I suppose that's true.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 03/23/2022 12:04 pm

1 hour ago, JesusChrist said:

Why would he lie?

Lets say he sells these silly fractional co2 treatments for scars and he can charge 3000 dollars a go and he says you will need 4 for a reduction. Or you can get 1 vert treatment for a grand. If it works it will dramatically drop his income and those expensive lasers will lose value

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 03/23/2022 4:33 pm

28 minutes ago, JesusChrist said:

But that makes him liar and it can ruin his reputation, i dont think he would lie easily

well he hasnt tried it I can be sure of that

MemberMember

Posted : 03/23/2022 11:21 pm

6 hours ago, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

well he hasnt tried it I can be sure of that

Unfortunately we can't be sure of that. There's no reason to think he couldn't get access to the drug and try it. Even a regular person could do that.

MemberMember
(@anon001)

Posted : 03/24/2022 6:17 am

He has not given any proof. The most correct thing to do is to consider what he has said bullshit.

We should not promote posts that could make people less prone to try Verteporfin without giving proof that it does not work.

The fact that he is a plastic surgeon does not add something more to what he says.

Let's continue without considering what he said.

I am going to email him asking him to remove his false claims from the site unless he has proof of what he is claiming.

I have also contacted the realself site asking them to remove the answer of Dr. Jason Emer for unscientific claims.

No one knows if Verteporfin work, but if someone makes a claim then he has to prove it.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/25/2022 12:49 am

18 hours ago, anon001 said:

MemberMember
(@spamaccount456yahoo-com)

Posted : 09/12/2022 3:16 am

Its obvious Jason Emer is only trying to promote his own agenda. He says the drug will never be approved for scars yet its still in clinical trials. He also immediately promotes all his lasers after that unreasonable comment. Why would you be so quick to assume the worst?Im from LA and I can tell you he has a bad reputation amongst some of the doctors here for being unethical. He does not indicate in his comment he has tried the drug for scars so youre getting ahead of yourself with the possibilities.

Its obviousJason Emer is only trying to promote his own agenda. He says the drug will never be approved for scars yet its still in clinical trials. He also immediately promotes all his lasers after that unreasonable comment. Why would you be so quick to assume the worst?Im from LA and I can tell you he has a bad reputation amongst some of the doctors here for being unethical. He does not indicate in his comment he has tried the drug for scars so youre getting ahead of yourself with the possibilities.

MemberMember
(@tartakenga710gmail-com)

Posted : 10/29/2022 10:14 am

But I saw some people make reviews about it for scar revision

https://www.realself.com/review/scar-removal-scarless-healing-verteporfin-scar-revision