Notifications
Clear all

Recommended Treatment for my Acne Scars (Pics)

MemberMember
(@ayushi2012hotmail-ca)

Posted : 03/17/2022 4:03 pm

Hi everyone, I went to a dermatologist for a consultation for my scars and they recommended 1 subcision, 2 sculptra, and 4 fractora/RF microneedling for me. 

What do you guys think about this set of treatments? This set of treatments will cost be around $5000 CAD, and I have been thinking whether it is worth it. How much improvement should I be expecting?

If any of you guys have gotten these treatments done, how was your experience? 

I have ethnic skin so the doc didn't recommend many laser treatments. 

275702876_335258081745906_5938794466347945786_n.jpg

275423417_487510862927345_8863414864978205485_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/17/2022 7:25 pm

Not being an expert in any of those procedures I'd say they sound reasonable for what the pictures show, but you have decent skin as is.

I'm not a big fan of microneedling in general but I have read people getting some progress from RF needling here or there, so I guess it might be better for certain scarring or depending on the person IDK.

$5k CAD aka $4k USD is about the going rate for all that I'd say. I mean it's a little high when you think about how easy generally each one of those things are but doctor's probably charge like $500 to $900 for every little thing so if you do 4 of those things probably $700 each and so on.

Long story short if I were you and the doctor was okay with it why don't you try to do the subscision and sculptra first and see if your skin heals well before you start doing needling which is more like a long term thing and is hit or miss and probably costs half that figure.

Do others agree?

MemberMember
(@ayushi2012hotmail-ca)

Posted : 03/18/2022 1:16 pm

17 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Not being an expert in any of those procedures I'd say they sound reasonable for what the pictures show, but you have decent skin as is.

I'm not a big fan of microneedling in general but I have read people getting some progress from RF needling here or there, so I guess it might be better for certain scarring or depending on the person IDK.

$5k CAD aka $4k USD is about the going rate for all that I'd say. I mean it's a little high when you think about how easy generally each one of those things are but doctor's probably charge like $500 to $900 for every little thing so if you do 4 of those things probably $700 each and so on.

Long story short if I were you and the doctor was okay with it why don't you try to do the subscision and sculptra first and see if your skin heals well before you start doing needling which is more like a long term thing and is hit or miss and probably costs half that figure.

Do others agree?

That's a good idea - I'll just ask them to start off with subcision and sculptra and then get fractora later.

MemberMember
(@jackson1234)

Posted : 03/18/2022 4:16 pm

It's hard to see what type of scarring you have but by going off your photos I would not recommend Scultpra. Sculptra is for widespread volume loss, and it looks like your scarring is very superficial.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 03/18/2022 4:41 pm

3 hours ago, acnescarstruggles said:

That's a good idea - I'll just ask them to start off with subcision and sculptra and then get fractora later.

Yeah but before you do anything just do more research and get more opinions. Frankly Jackson does have a point that sculptra is for more volume loss than just some shallow rolling scar. That's not to say it's not appropriate it may be, but get some more opinions. I personally have almost no experience in fillers or subscisions, I too am trying to research them to handle one scar of my own without much certainty yet. Just from what I read.

What they suggested sounds reasonable (based on the photos)but it may not be the best thing you could get, I just don't know. But yeah I would probably choose 1 thing first and see how it goes. Since needling is hit or miss in my mind and is a long term thing that people do over months like half a dozen times and probably entails half of the entire cost you quoted, I'd probably personally just try to do something more effected, faster and a more reasonable gamble first. That may be sclulptra/subscision it may be something else. Maybe getsmart will lean in with an opinion.

But make no mistake, your face isn't that bad. Very shallow textural stuff.