Posted : 11/29/2021 4:54 pm

Do you see any difference? 

Top is November, bottom is May. 

Screenshot_20211129-155101.png

Screenshot_20210520-175422~6.png

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 11/29/2021 10:46 pm

Can you show before and after pictures. If these are after then u still need subcision Taylor preferably, cross, full abaltive laser on the edges.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 11/29/2021 11:28 pm

This is after 2 subs, 3 infini , cross, 2 pixel lasers.

I seem to be resistant to treatment.

Why can't I find many reviews for Taylor sub?

Does it matter the order of which I do things? sub or laser first?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 11/30/2021 3:41 am

I think you are ethnic and have thicker skin, the first 6 month to one year our skin doesnt respond or start producing. Collagen. But once itdoes then it becomes a roll from there. Also make sure u are on retinol products like Tretinionso that your body is in a state of collagen producing when these treatments happen, just stop applying 5 days before treatment so if your skin was peeling it would stop by the time u get treatment.

dr Taylor can target your boxcar edges or deep rolling scar edges with full ablative erbium laser. And also do Taylor subcision. dont do fractional laser with him it could give you texture issues. I sometimes think in theory and on paper everyone says cannula but if we measure in terms of results its very less. Sure Taylor liberator can give issues but if these side effects are temporary in nature and not permanent. We should focus our energy on improving scars.

Here is a post

Taylor subcision :

Why cannula doesnt make sense, derm opinion:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJjfVa_gMKP/?utm_medium=copy_link

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 11/30/2021 4:22 am

I have thin skin actually. .I've recently restarted retin a.

Yes it's going have to be Taylor or dermabrasion.

Does the order matter whether I do sciton laser first or subcision first?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 11/30/2021 6:03 am

Subcision is meant for lifting and dermabrasion is meant for top surface irregularities. I would say subcision first and then dermabrasion or laser second. But dermabrasion could give you results in the sense that when those hard edges are smoothed and lifted it could give you less indent look.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/30/2021 7:13 pm

13 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Subcision is meant for lifting and dermabrasion is meant for top surface irregularities. I would say subcision first and then dermabrasion or laser second. But dermabrasion could give you results in the sense that when those hard edges are smoothed and lifted it could give you less indent look.

Agree on what you said. Dermabrasion helped my icepicks tremendously not sure how they'd do on boxcars or larger, like he said look to lift first or what not.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 11/30/2021 8:42 pm

The 3 subs with cannula has done very little. I'm going to do a sciton with high settings.

1 hour ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Agree on what you said. Dermabrasion helped my icepicks tremendously not sure how they'd do on boxcars or larger, like he said look to lift first or what not.

Could you dm me who did your dermabrasion?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/30/2021 9:44 pm

1 hour ago, dirigo39 said:

The 3 subs with cannula has done very little. I'm going to do a sciton with high settings.

Could you dm me who did your dermabrasion?

He's retired. I had it done around 15 yrs agoand I found out he retired about 1-2 years ago(when I called for records) but while they said he still continued to do it technically for all this time, they mostly refer to laser I guess is the vibe I got.

There's still some doctors that do it, but it seems like they all try to go the laser route now, which is weird to me given that laser is either highly ineffective or extremely hit or miss. I never tried laser and see all the "10-30% improvement" reviews which turned me off to it.

To be blunt I did no research back then and just went to anyone locally and got a great outcome. I think if the procedure works for your type of scars/texture and the doctor is competent, it will work out regardless. Definitely I think the older the practitioner, maybe if he follows his family into the field (ie if it's like a son/daughter in the same field as father)those are things that are good signs. Try the populated areas to research like NJ/NY/CA is probably your best bet on talent and amount of doctors that do it. MANY doctors did tons of them in the early and mid 2000s, so if they are still practicing they are probably in those urban/suburban coastal areas.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 11/30/2021 9:47 pm

1 minute ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

He's retired. I had it done around 15 yrs agoand I found out he retired about 1-2 years ago(when I called for records) but while they said he still continued to do it technically for all this time, they mostly refer to laser I guess is the vibe I got.

There's still some doctors that do it, but it seems like they all try to go the laser route now, which is weird to me given that laser is either highly ineffective or extremely hit or miss. I never tried laser and see all the "10-30% improvement" reviews which turned me off to it.

To be blunt I did no research back then and just went to anyone locally and got a great outcome. I think if the procedure works for your type of scars/texture and the doctor is competent, it will work out regardless. Definitely I think the older the practitioner, maybe if he follows his family into the field (ie if it's like a son/daughter in the same field as father)those are things that are good signs.

Did you need to be put to sleep while you had this done?

Also I'm curious why youre still in this forum if you had good

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/30/2021 9:51 pm

13 minutes ago, dirigo39 said:

Did you need to be put to sleep while you had this done?

Also I'm curious why youre still in this forum if you had good

Yes it was an hour, two hours. I was asleep obviously. It was 1-2months red, another 8-9months pink. After a year my skin was normal color.

I'm on this forum to share my views given my experience. And among other things, given I never see anyone with acne scars ever in my life, obviously I feel like nobody understands things so talking on here helps feel less like I'm alone in this.

Last thing, remember ethnic skin carries more risks with any ablative surgery. I don't really know the risks or how high they are though to be honest, but they seem to be with lasers too.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 11/30/2021 11:42 pm

I've never had pigmentation with the previous treatments I've done.

The user don'tgiveup is ethnic and had sciton laser done.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 12/05/2021 1:05 am

Do I ask them to use the sciton at high power? is there a number I should tell her?

Is the sciton fractional or not?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 12/05/2021 5:38 am

4 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

Do I ask them to use the sciton at high power? is there a number I should tell her?

Is the sciton fractional or not?

Usually lasErs have a setting of fractional and full mode. Sometimes they are purely fractional but mostly it should be like I mentioned. If you are white then u are good. Just do good enough power. Let the doctor decide how much power is needed.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 12/08/2021 3:28 pm

Is it true that fractional doesn't do anything?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 12/13/2021 1:14 pm

I found an office that did sciton for only $250.