Notifications
Clear all

Anybody got some success treating nose scars?

MemberMember
(@honsaba23gmail-com)

Posted : 09/23/2021 3:17 pm

So far I've done 3 sessions of TCA cross 70% and 1 with CO2 laser for icepick scars on my nose. There's some improvements but some got worse. I'm aware that these might be the best treatment for the nose area but I was wondering if anyone got some success (not fully gone but less noticeable I guess).

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 09/29/2021 12:50 pm

Got a before and after? It's concerning that you said some got worse.

MemberMember
(@jtaus)

Posted : 11/03/2021 5:47 am

A bit late to this but I'm in the middle of getting mine treated with TCA and non-ablativeerbium laser and also just did my 3rd session. Most of mine have responded really well with the exception of a couple whichhaven't really changed or just slightly improved. I've only had my 3rd session last week so I won't know until the next several weeks if the non-responsive ones will improve or not but currently they don't look any worse.

In terms of the ones with improvements, acouple of them are virtually not visible while others are still there but less dramatic since the edges of the scars are more smooth. The results of the nose seems to be less predictable than other places on the face.

MemberMember
(@maneetkarangmail-com)

Posted : 11/08/2021 2:50 am

On 11/3/2021 at 3:47 AM, jtaus said:

A bit late to this but I'm in the middle of getting mine treated with TCA and non-ablativeerbium laser and also just did my 3rd session. Most of mine have responded really well with the exception of a couple whichhaven't really changed or just slightly improved. I've only had my 3rd session last week so I won't know until the next several weeks if the non-responsive ones will improve or not but currently they don't look any worse.

In terms of the ones with improvements, acouple of them are virtually not visible while others are still there but less dramatic since the edges of the scars are more smooth. The results of the nose seems to be less predictable than other places on the face.

Would you happen to have some before and after shots? Or you can look at my post of my scars and let me know if yours looked similar.
Also what doctor did you go with?

MemberMember
(@jtaus)

Posted : 11/08/2021 7:03 am

3 hours ago, creamymilk said:

Would you happen to have some before and after shots? Or you can look at my post of my scars and let me know if yours looked similar.
Also what doctor did you go with?

Unfortunately I don't have any before and after pics. I decided not take any because of how mentally stressful itwas looking in a mirror let alone having it on my phone to stare at a high level of zoom...

We do have similar icepick scars especially with the ones on the tip and side of your nose. I think most have improved at least 30%. There isone which seems to not be responding at all but hard to say at this point since I'm about 10 days post-treatment for my 3rd session. None have got worse though which ispositive. While the scars are still there I don't think about it as much now since they look less dramatic.

If you are considering TCA cross or any procedure you have to be mentally prepared for it to fail.I think results varies a lot between people for the nose area but I decided to take the gamble.I reside in Sydney Australia and my dermatologist also practices there. I'm not too keen on sharing details yet until I finish my treatment.