Notifications
Clear all

What type of acne caused your scarring?

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 08/24/2021 5:53 pm

Just curious as to the nature of the type of acne that caused scarring for you guys.

For me, all my scars are from deep nodular cystic acne that never came to a head, aka blind pimples, the kind that topicals don;t respond to, only tane or cortisone injections. AS a result I have combo of linear, box car and rolling with zero ice pick.  

Pic related for reference of kind of acne. 

I had also had plenty of whiteheads and cysts, but anything that came to a head never really caused a scar for me, just the deep inflammation seemed to lead to a destruction of fat collagen. Even if I picked/popped scratched stuff that came to a head it never scarred. 

My scarring is mostly neck and large, so testosterone was probably the primary antagonist in my case. 

What kind of acne lead to your scarring?

unnamed.jpg

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 08/25/2021 4:33 pm

Cystic acne that usually came to a head. Prolonged acne that started when I was 11 and seemingly came out of nowhere then never went away. By the time I was 19 and on accutane it was too late and the damage to my face was done.

I have also had that type of acne on my neck and it's very painful (however most of my acne 90% of the timewas on my face).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/25/2021 10:21 pm

My acne was same as shei514 the painful type that even with roaccuntane was still bound to scar

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/26/2021 10:31 am

I think for me blackheads, the deep ones. As I remember I never took the blackheads out as I believed this will cause scarring. I believe this one kept growing for close to 6 months. And when it came off it caused a deep scar.

there has to be something with food that our body is not able to process it. If the acne starts at this age how does one go about controlling it with accutane. I am talking about a proven mechanisism to keep it control by the time we can take accutane.

@shei514 how long were you on accutane

as for scarring what do you think, do you remember when not popping these scars but still you end up with scars?

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 08/26/2021 3:34 pm

5 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

I think for me blackheads, the deep ones. As I remember I never took the blackheads out as I believed this will cause scarring. I believe this one kept growing for close to 6 months. And when it came off it caused a deep scar.

there has to be something with food that our body is not able to process it. If the acne starts at this age how does one go about controlling it with accutane. I am talking about a proven mechanisism to keep it control by the time we can take accutane.

@shei514 how long were you on accutane

as for scarring what do you think, do you remember when not popping these scars but still you end up with scars?

I was on accutane I believe for about 6 months to a year. I started on a low dose 10mg-20mg (doctors in NZ wont prescribe anything higher tbh).

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 08/26/2021 4:32 pm

23 hours ago, shei514 said:

Cystic acne that usually came to a head. Prolonged acne that started when I was 11 and seemingly came out of nowhere then never went away. By the time I was 19 and on accutane it was too late and the damage to my face was done.

I have also had that type of acne on my neck and it's very painful (however most of my acne 90% of the timewas on my face).

Yeah, i think thats true, the acne nodules that I had that scarred was long lasting 2-4 weeks, sometimes more, allowing plenty of time for inflammation to destroy fat and collagen,.

I had acne in my teens as well but it never scarred, just adult acne this year that scarred. I used to think because my bad acne in teens never scarred, I was genetically not disposed to scar, and got a bit complacent, lesson learned.

MemberMember
(@perfectskin_dreamer)

Posted : 08/26/2021 8:51 pm

Cystic acne - deep, painful and I always messed with them with poking, prodding, harsh chemicals and nothing but scarring to show for it.