Notifications
Clear all

Starting my scar journey but need some advice

MemberMember
(@stunnrgaminggmail-com)

Posted : 08/11/2021 10:42 pm

Hello everyone, recently found this place after researching about acne scarring and you guys really give good advice!
just got a few questions.

1- Any Doctors you can recommend in the UK?
2- What type of treatments should I look for?
3- What degree of scarring doI have. Its mainly concentrated on my leftside.
4- should I avoid fully ablative laser resurfacingbecause of the side effects?A doctor here recommended

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 08/11/2021 10:45 pm

I 100% do not think you need scar treatments. Most of the treatments we do here are pretty harsh and can worsen good skin like yours. I would just do a mild chemical peel for the surface level textural irregularities you have.

I know it is hard to believe me because your scars are all you think about right now. But....believe me, you'll be grateful you did not damage your skin unnecessarily later.

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 08/12/2021 8:17 am

You are beautiful. I dont know any doctors in the UK unfortunately, this will likely be your research and intuition on which doctor you trust to do a procedure on your face.

Try adding a good skincare routine. A good skincare routine uses vitamin a products such as tretinoin or tarozarc, vitamin c and e, AHA acid/glycolic acid, lactic acid and sunscreen. Obviously dont use all at once, vitamin A should be use separately from the acids listed above.

In terms of which procedure I dont think Im experienced enough to recommend. Your best bet is seeingmultiple doctors and asking them what can improve your scarring. Go with the doctor that has proven results and is experienced and also that you in your gut seem to trust. Trust is a hard word because some doctors reallywant your money and its their main motivation to sell you high priced treatments knowing that you wont benefit much from it.I am only saying this so that you areaware. I dont want you talking to doctors and thinking anything they say is gospel. Doctors have opinions, although highly educated opinions, their judgment can be clouded by motivation to increase profits or increase status such as marketing your pictures as a success story and/or theyonly know what to do on certain procedures thatthey are exposed to. So yes, be aware of the background noise. Always do your research on any procedure they recommend so that you know what to expect and what is the general consensus on a procedures success rate in treating scars.

This may be a lot to take in all at once. But this wouldnt be a complete write up without any of this. While your scars are quite minor in comparison to other people here or that Ive seen, I can tell that you want to see what your options are. To be frank, you look beautiful already. I think you can go your whole life not ever touching a procedure and being just fine. Maybe Im wrong, maybe Im right. Either way, make sure you are getting the most out of life and not letting too much vanity cloud your happiness. All in moderation. I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@stunnrgaminggmail-com)

Posted : 08/12/2021 11:31 pm

15 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

In terms of which procedure I dont think Im experienced enough to recommend. Your best bet is seeingmultiple doctors and asking them what can improve your scarring. Go with the doctor that has proven results and is experienced and also that you in your gut seem to trust. Trust is a hard word because some doctors reallywant your money and its their main motivation to sell you high priced treatments knowing that you wont benefit much from it.I am only saying this so that you areaware. I dont want you talking to doctors and thinking anything they say is gospel. Doctors have opinions, although highly educated opinions, their judgment can be clouded by motivation to increase profits or increase status such as marketing your pictures as a success story and/or theyonly know what to do on certain procedures thatthey are exposed to. So yes, be aware of the background noise. Always do your research on any procedure they recommend so that you know what to expect and what is the general consensus on a procedures success rate in treating scars.

This may be a lot to take in all at once. But this wouldnt be a complete write up without any of this. While your scars are quite minor in comparison to other people here or that Ive seen, I can tell that you want to see what your options are. To be frank, you look beautiful already. I think you can go your whole life not ever touching a procedure and being just fine. Maybe Im wrong, maybe Im right. Either way, make sure you are getting the most out of life and not letting too much vanity cloud your happiness. All in moderation. I hope this helps.

On 8/12/2021 at 4:45 AM, boxthatboxcar said:

I 100% do not think you need scar treatments. Most of the treatments we do here are pretty harsh and can worsen good skin like yours. I would just do a mild chemical peel for the surface level textural irregularities you have.

I know it is hard to believe me because your scars are all you think about right now. But....believe me, you'll be grateful you did not damage your skin unnecessarily later.

Thanks for the reply! Its much appreciated. I didnt think my scars were mild but its probably me just being more harsh on myself?

Ill look into Vitamin A and consult a few doctor on Chemical peels for texture. Thanks again

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/12/2021 11:45 pm

Yup in your case there is nothing needed. Maybe you can retin a for healthy complexion looking. Lookinto light chemical peel nothing much needed. You have no idents, no harsh scar borders, no scar depth. But you do have very superficial wavy texture near the beard which does not warrant any treatment. If you are talking about enlarged pores and overall healthy complexion, retinol cando that!

MemberMember
(@stunnrgaminggmail-com)

Posted : 08/13/2021 9:54 pm

On 8/13/2021 at 5:45 AM, getsmart121 said:

Yup in your case there is nothing needed. Maybe you can retin a for healthy complexion looking. Lookinto light chemical peel nothing much needed. You have no idents, no harsh scar borders, no scar depth. But you do have very superficial wavy texture near the beard which does not warrant any treatment. If you are talking about enlarged pores and overall healthy complexion, retinol cando that!

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/14/2021 5:54 am

Its very shallow but this pictures shows it better you have shallow boxcars maybe you can try fractional ablative erbium laser to so smoothenthose scars. I dont see much scar lifting needed.