Notifications
Clear all

Treating young / new scars

MemberMember
(@bongomceegmail-com)

Posted : 07/24/2021 6:18 pm

Hello I have a bunch of severe scars that are only 3-5 months old. I have not had a new cyst for 1 month, so I think its about time to start treating the scars as I have no active acne. How should treatment in this situation be modified based on the fact that these scars are young? They are mainly rolling / boxcar.

Im asking specifically about the difference between treating a scar under 6 months old vs treatingthem when they are a few years old

kr

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/24/2021 6:57 pm

37 minutes ago, Ndwscar said:

Hello I have a bunch of severe scars that are only 3-5 months old. I have not had a new cyst for 1 month, so I think its about time to start treating the scars as I have no active acne. How should treatment in this situation be modified based on the fact that these scars are young? They are mainly rolling / boxcar.

Im asking specifically about the difference between treating a scar under 6 months old vs treatingthem when they are a few years old

kr

You can start off with manual microneedling. It's a cheap start and poses low risk.

I've heard some doctors say procedures like Fractora, Infini, Genius, etc. are good for newer scars. You'll need to do research because I'm pretty sure they want your $$$. It's hard to prove that those treatments don't help remodel the scars.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/26/2021 11:14 am

Silicone dressings can be used for "new" scars. But I think by 3-5 months they might not be considered "new."