Notifications
Clear all

Wasted my money on laser - now what?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:31 pm

but this in the real harsh lighting and using mobile phone camera ive been told by most that they dont really look like this well I hope not please

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:32 pm

Just now, pleasehelp321 said:

but this in the real harsh lighting and using mobile phone camera ive been told by most that they dont really look like this well I hope not please

Yeah lighting can definitely influence your pics

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:33 pm

I forgot..,.. as i said did punch incisions before but didnt do nothing but as stated am willing to do re excisions incisions again to try and make them into thin line scars

ive done over 10 subcisions in my lifetimes so giving subcision anothjer shot have done 2 in last 4 montsh next one is july so that and some filler like sculptra to add more volume then give up after that as nothing worked for my scars over 20 years much...have to visit psychologist psychiatrist to learn to live with them

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:36 pm

2 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

I forgot..,.. as i said did punch incisions before but didnt do nothing but as stated am willing to do re excisions incisions again to try and make them into thin line scars

ive done over 10 subcisions in my lifetimes so giving subcision anothjer shot have done 2 in last 4 montsh next one is july so that and some filler like sculptra to add more volume then give up after that as nothing worked for my scars over 20 years much...have to visit psychologist psychiatrist to learn to live with them

I'm sorry I totally agree it sucks. I know bellafill is a permanent filler that can be injected into certain holes - none of our skins will be perfect but there is always room for improvement. That's why hopefully I can get more people to help build this topic up and we can find other ways to help aid our scars

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:38 pm

agreed sheila and please dont take bellafill as permanent its your BS that u said many other doctors I speak to and other patients ive spoken to say it didnt last even 1 year nothing is permanent even silikon 1000 all hype

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:38 pm

3 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

Does your doctor have documented improvement from his subcision procedures? Any before and after photos of previous patients? Remember, the technique is only as effective as the skill of the doctor. You can have any otherwise good treatment done poorly and get no improvement.

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:40 pm

Just now, pleasehelp321 said:

agreed sheila and please dont take bellafill as permanent its your BS that u said many other doctors I speak to and other patients ive spoken to say it didnt last even 1 year nothing is permanent even silikon 1000 all hype

Really? Oh geez! I haven't browsed this forum in months until today, I guess people are starting to realize these doctors are full of sh*t.

I'm going to post some more methods of possible skin aiding

Another one I wanted to mention is MSM cream + rosehip oil

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:43 pm

yep sheila im 45 soon the only thing ive seen works for a me a 'little' is subcision and fillers but it simply does not last longer than 1 month after all the swelling so its a bit of a money making venture as it makes the face and skin more rounded swelling and scars look swelled and then after a month or so scars come back all the same!!! doctors are liars well many of them wrt acne scars

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:48 pm

4 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

yep sheila im 45 soon the only thing ive seen works for a me a 'little' is subcision and fillers but it simply does not last longer than 1 month after all the swelling so its a bit of a money making venture as it makes the face and skin more rounded swelling and scars look swelled and then after a month or so scars come back all the same!!! doctors are liars well many of them wrt acne scars

You may have to accept it as a maintenance treatment then that you do once or twice a year. It's worth it for your overall confidence.

I do think it's crazy how you don't see results past a month though. It should last a minimum of six months. I hope you're getting your money back and trying other doctors.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:58 pm

1 hour ago, Sheila619 said:

I did 2 laser surgeries and a subcision with a crappy doctor in la jolla and my acne scars got a little worse. 2 profractional + erbium.

The lasers were repeated twice over a 7 month time span.

Seriously, is there ANYONE or ANYTHING that can help with these scars? TCA cross may deepen my existing scars. I'm screwed! There's no other options for me! WHY DONT DOCTORS FIND LESS RISKY WAYS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM???????

Not only that but after looking at these forums, I literally havent seen one person who's skin got much better after all these BS procedures that these crappy lowlife doctors push on us. I did 1 whole year of microneedling and it did NOTHING for my skin.

I hope these doctors pushing this false BS on us burn in hell

What we need to do is find someone who can help with these scars NATURALLY. Is there anyone who know any good holistic experts who can aide with this stuff? Chemicals and lasers just can't be the only answer!

I know my post sounds depressing, but if we all BAND together and find some holistic experts who can deal with this stuff, we dont have to keep shelling thousands on BS treatments that dont work!

Results from lasers are very operator dependent. They also depend on the device and your type of scars. Fractional CO2 smoothed out my scars. Erbium and non-ablative did nothing.

Did you get Phenol Cross with Dr. Rullan? He's so close to La Jolla.

It's an oxymoron when it comes to less risky and better results. I'm pretty sure every doctor would jump onboard, but the reality is that the more aggressive the treatment, the better the results.

I'm not a big fan of microneedling but if you have extremely shallow scars, it may help.

Natural treatments? Good luck with that. You're living in a fictional world. Don't waste your money on any natural treatments. Seriously.

If you think holistic experts are the answer, you are on the wrong forum. You also won't see any improvement to your scars.

By the way, DM with where you got your procedures. That way I can recommend or not recommend them to other people in the SD area.

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:12 pm

11 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

Results from lasers are very operator dependent. They also depend on the device and your type of scars. Fractional CO2 smoothed out my scars. Erbium and non-ablative did nothing.

Did you get Phenol Cross with Dr. Rullan? He's so close to La Jolla.

It's an oxymoron when it comes to less risky and better results. I'm pretty sure every doctor would jump onboard, but the reality is that the more aggressive the treatment, the better the results.

I'm not a big fan of microneedling but if you have extremely shallow scars, it may help.

Natural treatments? Good luck with that. You're living in a fictional world. Don't waste your money on any natural treatments. Seriously.

If you think holistic experts are the answer, you are on the wrong forum. You also won't see any improvement to your scars.

By the way, DM with where you got your procedures. That way I can recommend or not recommend them to other people in the SD area.

No I didn't have Dr Rullan do my face. I am trying to get in touch with them to come to a mediation - if things don't resolve I will be posting the doctor here.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:15 pm

30 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

Really? Oh geez! I haven't browsed this forum in months until today, I guess people are starting to realize these doctors are full of sh*t.

If tca cross is the preferred method of choice please use cotton tipped toothpick thats absorbs a lot but of acid but still is wet enough for application. I have seen good results but some scars got wider but shallower.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:17 pm

4 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

No I didn't have Dr Rullan do my face. I am trying to get in touch with them to come to a mediation - if things don't resolve I will be posting the doctor here.

Guessing it's La Jolla Derm and Laser or La Jolla Cosmetic Laser.

You didn't tell us what type of scars you have. Lasers only work on certain types of scars. Method before device.

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:19 pm

Just now, Amanda Hall said:

Guessing it's La Jolla Derm and Laser or La Jolla Cosmetic Laser.

You didn't tell us what type of scars you have. Lasers only work on certain types of scars. Method before device.

I posted a photo on the first page if you want to take a look.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:22 pm

1 minute ago, Sheila619 said:

I posted a photo on the first page if you want to take a look.

Sorry, saw that earlier but there have been so many posts and I'm also watching tv.

I'm pretty sure Rullan would recommend Phenol Cross.

I don't see rolling scars so subcision wouldn't really help.

I wouldn't completely rule out lasers in the future. Just go to a more experienced operator. There are some in the OC area. I haven't heard of good laser doctors in SD.

But to raise those pitted scars, it will take a different treatment. Rullan is one I've mentioned a number of times to other people but I haven't seen noticeable results for my scars. Yours may respond differently though so keep that in mind.

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:27 pm

1 minute ago, Amanda Hall said:

Sorry, saw that earlier but there have been so many posts and I'm also watching tv.

I'm pretty sure Rullan would recommend Phenol Cross.

I don't see rolling scars so subcision wouldn't really help.

I wouldn't completely rule out lasers in the future. Just go to a more experienced operator. There are some in the OC area. I haven't heard of good laser doctors in SD.

But to raise those pitted scars, it will take a different treatment. Rullan is one I've mentioned a number of times to other people but I haven't seen noticeable results for my scars. Yours may respond differently though so keep that in mind.

Supposedly the doc I went to was the "best" in laser. Wasted my money.

I was debating Dr Rullan and yes I was recommended the PC but it's a huge risk. That's why I chose the doc I went to instead - from most posts I see, people's scars get deeper from TCA/Crosses in generaland since mine isn't too bad I was HOPING my doc would do a good job with laser but I literally see my scars have gotten worse. Huge disappointment.

I'll look into Rullan again, I'm just very hesitant with crosses.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:35 pm

23 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

I was debating Dr Rullan and yes I was recommended the PC but it's a huge risk. That's why I chose the doc I went to instead - from most posts I see, people's scars get deeper from TCA/Crosses in generaland since mine isn't too bad I was HOPING my doc would do a good job with laser but I literally see my scars have gotten worse. Huge disappointment.

There are risks with Cross and lasers. That's just the unfortunate nature of scar treatments. Cross can widen scars and lasers can cause new ones (it did with me). However, lasers got me the most improvement. I had to endure months of erythema and new scars, but my scars look better now. This will not be the case with everything.That's just the unfortunate nature of scar treatments.

Rullan says Phenol Cross is safer which is why I decided to go to him instead of get TCA Cross. But my boxcar scars haven't improved after several treatments. I'm also keeping in mind that Cross is a very slow procedure and maybe I'd need more than 5 or 6. From reading other people's accounts, there have been some good cases. One guy said 50 of his scars got better and 1 got wider after Phenol Cross. That's a pretty good percentage. I thought a few of my scars got wider but after many months to a year later, maybe they didn't. I don't know - I don't take pictures. Scars ALWAYS look worse when it has color to it. Also, sometimes it takes a long time for the skin to plump up.

Dr. Rullan: TCA CROSS vs PHENOL CROSS - YouTube

My third acne scar treatment - YouTube

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/25/2021 10:38 pm

10 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

When did you had your treatment if it is recent then dont judge as collagen remodeling takes atleast 3 months to see results.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/26/2021 6:23 am

7 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

When did you had your treatment if it is recent then don™t judge as collagen remodeling takes atleast 3 months to see results. 

ok getsmart121 your are very rigas i said im willing to give it one last shot before i tun 50 so willing to do few treatments for solid 1-2 years maybe 3 depending on how things go?  and thats it i give up after that lol?t but i

8 hours ago, Sheila619 said:

Really? Oh geez! I haven't browsed this forum in months until today,  I guess people are starting to realize these doctors are full of sh*t.

1488307570_Inkedthumbnail_20210625_173944(3)_LI.jpg.e39fde3567aea80dbedadd7332ade1e1.jpg

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 06/26/2021 5:55 pm

I suggest saving your money until something better comes out! Maybe grow a beard if you are a guy and a girl wear make up........most of this stuff is just snake oil to take your money.

Sibel and Miro liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 06/29/2021 7:06 am

From my already 7 years of various treatments and I came to the point of stopping.. I managed to get some improvements for several big scars. Around 40%. After multiple procedures..What gave the result- 3+ Subcisions+ filler and sanding the edges with tca paint/erbium. The only reasonable Dr is Dr Emil in Denmark.. and I will see him again when I can for Sub and erbium forthe edges,,

Now I am doing rfmndsee some tiny improvement but may be it is because of the micro swelling All other methods just do not work tca cross turned to be a nightmare..

Also spend around 30thousands for all this.. but the outcome is so little towards the yearsspent and lost, reabilitation and moral pressure..

(.now another problem losing my eyesight on one eye..will have a serious operation in near future andthinking I should have just enjoyed the life instead of doing all these useless procedures and worried how I will see the scars and put make up on them.)

I feel your pain and hopelessness Pleasehelp321 so much, I am exactly the same..what I see fr ur pic that the edges are there.. so sanding the edgeswith erbium or co2 will make scarslook more spread.. and only after Sub+filler..

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/29/2021 9:54 am

2 hours ago, Sibel said:

From my already 7 years of various treatments and I came to the point of stopping.. I managed to get some improvements for several big scars. Around 40%. After multiple procedures..What gave the result- 3+ Subcisions+ filler and sanding the edges with tca paint/erbium. The only reasonable Dr is Dr Emil in Denmark.. and I will see him again when I can for Sub and erbium forthe edges,,

Now I am doing rfmndsee some tiny improvement but may be it is because of the micro swelling All other methods just do not work tca cross turned to be a nightmare..

Also spend around 30thousands for all this.. but the outcome is so little towards the yearsspent and lost, reabilitation and moral pressure..

(.now another problem losing my eyesight on one eye..will have a serious operation in near future andthinking I should have just enjoyed the life instead of doing all these useless procedures and worried how I will see the scars and put make up on them.)

I feel your pain and hopelessness Pleasehelp321 so much, I am exactly the same..what I see fr ur pic that the edges are there.. so sanding the edgeswith erbium or co2 will make scarslook more spread.. and only after Sub+filler..

I'm sorry to hear that about your eye sight. I hope the surgery goes well!

Also, how was TCA cross a nightmare for you? Did you have ice pick scars?

MemberMember
(@ikermourinho99gmail-com)

Posted : 06/29/2021 10:49 am

3 hours ago, Sibel said:

Sibel u wrote u had nice results from TCA Cross with Emil or am I wrong ?

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 07/04/2021 7:18 pm

I had terrible results from tca cross with Dr.Chu in London. I went to him before dr.Emil. He treated all myscars with tca cross, very inaccurate, the scars became deeper and bigger.. it has been more then 3years and I still see this damage..

Dr.Emil said straight away that it was not my method, only one scar could be done. Because only one was ice pick, the others are all boxcars..He did this one scar and after 2 times 80% improvement.