Notifications
Clear all

Help with my acne scarring please!

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 04/27/2021 5:35 pm

I would never try anything invasive like subcision with your skin, the risk is just too great and the potential benefits are very slim. I think once the redness fades you will realize this is normal skin - it has imperfections, but that is normal. Do not do anything drastic. Maybe do some TCA peels and if you still don't like it go for fillers, cause they are temporary and they don't cause damage to your skin, like most of the other procedures could.

Definitely do not do dermabrasion, subcision or a phenol peel. All of these procedures carry the risk of making your skin worse than it is. For those of us who have severe scars, we don't have much to lose. You have a lotto lose. It's not worth it, in my opinion.

Edit. If you do go for peels, make sure the procedures are localized only on the scarred area and not your entire face. Most of your skin is flawless and shouldn't be messed with in any way.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2021 1:01 am

@freshmanhello thank you for your comment! Whyy would you say subcision is dangerous? I mean,as a procedure it has the best reviews and results!! Also,if filler is not combined with subcision donut effect usually happens... I know my problem isn't that serious,but it bothers me more than anything,it has a huge impact on my psychology.Mostly because it is pretty wide as you see and right in front of my face..

MemberMember
(@zeynepppp_000hotmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2021 1:08 am

8 hours ago, JessicaOlivia said:

@colorfulomg i saw your photos! your skin looks very nice! You are lucky because your scars aren't as wide as mine :( I would probably do nothing if i had your skin , it looks very nice to me ¤ï¸ But i guess anyone wants to improve things so good luck! I hope we both have results that we'll make us accept our skin and what we see in the mirror..

Thank you very much :) Believe me, you also have a very beautiful skin. Once the red spots are gone, you will feel better. But I understand very well that scars affect psychologically. I also get psychological support for this. I realized it takes some time, it's not good to go fast. We will be good!

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2021 1:12 am

3 minutes ago, colorful said:

Thank you very much :) Believe me, you also have a very beautiful skin. Once the red spots are gone, you will feel better. But I understand very well that scars affect psychologically. I also get psychological support for this. I realized it takes some time, it's not good to go fast. We will be good!

I don't think i will ever come to terms with that big scar... It's the only thing I can see when i look at me ... I prefer having fillers done every six months or something,I just don't know if that will work for me! Thank you anyway 

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 04/28/2021 2:57 am

1 hour ago, JessicaOlivia said:

@freshmanhello thank you for your comment! Whyy would you say subcision is dangerous? I mean,as a procedure it has the best reviews and results!! Also,if filler is not combined with subcision donut effect usually happens... I know my problem isn't that serious,but it bothers me more than anything,it has a huge impact on my psychology.Mostly because it is pretty wide as you see and right in front of my face..

I don't think subcision is dangerous in general, it's just overkill for you in my opinion. Donut effect generally happens when scars are tethered down, I don't think your scar is one of those, judging from the photo.

Subcision is an invasive procedure, you should always try less invasive things first, especially with relatively shallow scars.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2021 3:17 am

19 minutes ago, freshman said:

I don't think subcision is dangerous in general, it's just overkill for you in my opinion. Donut effect generally happens when scars are tethered down, I don't think your scar is one of those, judging from the photo.

Subcision is an invasive procedure, you should always try less invasive things first, especially with relatively shallow scars.

So you think that one is shallow? Because generally it looks super dark under bad lighting,u guess that the deeper the scar the darker the shadow...

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 04/28/2021 3:29 am

Yes, I would say so. The discoloration is making it appear deeper then it is. I think once the discoloration fades or you get rid of it with peels, you will be able to really see what the scar is going to be like.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2021 3:39 am

8 minutes ago, freshman said:

Yes, I would say so. The discoloration is making it appear deeper then it is. I think once the discoloration fades or you get rid of it with peels, you will be able to really see what the scar is going to be like.

however in all those overhead lighting pictures all the darkness is shadows bc of depth..not redness ... so i guess that's the actual depth..

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/28/2021 6:15 am

anyone else having experience and knowledge that could help my case please?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/28/2021 4:32 pm

12 hours ago, JessicaOlivia said:

however in all those overhead lighting pictures all the darkness is shadows bc of depth..not redness ... so i guess that's the actual depth..

Shadows are cast by the distinct scar borders. No matter how deep the scar is, as long asthere is no prominent edge, it will appear softer and shallower. TCA and laser (especially ablative laser) are two treatments that work to soften the edges.

Also you should avoid filler until these edges have been softened. Otherwise, it will only accentuate them.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/29/2021 12:46 am

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Shadows are cast by the distinct scar borders. No matter how deep the scar is, as long asthere is no prominent edge, it will appear softer and shallower. TCA and laser (especially ablative laser) are two treatments that work to soften the edges.

Also you should avoid filler until these edges have been softened. Otherwise, it will only accentuate them.

hey! thank you! I will have this in mind.Do you happen to know what type of scar that is? And how many hopes can i have? I mean of course if it is a tough call i can expect less improvement

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/29/2021 2:06 am

1 hour ago, JessicaOlivia said:

hey! thank you! I will have this in mind.Do you happen to know what type of scar that is? And how many hopes can i have? I mean of course if it is a tough call i can expect less improvement

With TCA, greater than 50% improvement, provided thatscar edges have faded.

With TCA and filler (again, with no prominent scar edges), nearly 100%.

FYI: You have shallow boxcars

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/29/2021 3:32 am

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

With TCA, greater than 50% improvement, provided thatscar edges have faded.

With TCA and filler (again, with no prominent scar edges), nearly 100%.

FYI: You have shallow boxcars

thank you! So that big one is a shallow boxcar too? No fat loss or something?

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/29/2021 6:05 am

Guys i added more pictures with High definition with my best friend's help! @Sirius Lee in case this is more helpful... 

Sorry i have some repair cream on too,but i think the problem can be seen.Are you guys sure these are considered "shallow"? I am freaking out

9DDFE482-7556-4EE5-9AA9-90E3135D48E1.jpeg

EF65AF21-ADFD-4177-847D-CB809F44BCD7.jpeg

24DE7A23-EFE5-405B-A6F2-4FFE6422D60D.jpeg

229F3EB5-EB9D-454F-92E4-63D53513D1CD.jpeg

C2C35D32-AE1E-437D-945E-350E5270BB5F.jpeg

82B5D9BF-60C7-4ABD-960B-6065E1177B53.jpeg

E47B3759-0AB7-45E9-893F-D3CFBB560664.jpeg

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 04/29/2021 12:05 pm

You can only realize the true extent of your scars when the redness is gone. Redness/erythema always makes scars look worse than they are.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/29/2021 12:37 pm

31 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

You can only realize the true extent of your scars when the redness is gone. Redness/erythema always makes scars look worse than they are.

it's angled lighting, the scar i am so worried about has no actual "redness" with that lighting! i have tested it soooo much :'( sadly those pictures only show depth

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/29/2021 3:05 pm

11 hours ago, JessicaOlivia said:

thank you! So that big one is a shallow boxcar too? No fat loss or something?

Are you guys sure these are considered "shallow"? I am freaking out

What you're experiencing is analysis paralysis. It's time to stop freaking out and get the job done.

Get rid of those scar edges first. Then get facial filler to plump up the volume loss. This should give you at least 70% improvement when all said and done.

That's all from me to you. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/29/2021 3:51 pm

43 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

What you're experiencing is analysis paralysis. It's time to stop freaking out and get the job done.

Get rid of those scar edges first. Then get facial filler to plump up the volume loss. This should give you at least 70% improvement when all said and done.

That's all from me to you. Good luck!

ok got it,thank's ! Do you have any specific filler to suggest? I have heard about juvederm,radiesse and sculptra. Bellafill isn't available in my country-but it scares me anyway since it is the most long lasting/permanent one. Also, if i am not becoming extremely annoying with all those questions, is it possible that even when the filler dissolves , the scar is more elevated each time because of collagen production? :) 

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 04/29/2021 5:25 pm

Redness make your scars 10x worse.

you are good looking girl, dont worry for your scars

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 04/29/2021 5:29 pm

2 minutes ago, suvvolo said:

Redness make your scars 10x worse.

you are good looking girl, don™t worry for your œscars

heyyy thank you so much ! However i can guarantee this isnt all redness..Take a look at these... Shadows vs Actual redness...I have an actual sunken scar right there,i just can't figure how deep it is

3A8F6C2B-0E8E-4547-8D86-08FA3B963217.jpeg

4C3B25C0-D4EF-4200-94C2-D6D53B945B07.jpeg

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 04/29/2021 5:41 pm

For estimate deepness i suggest you seeing this topic. Maybe you need subcision because you have a little atrophy due to acne.Anyway I hope your scars dont bother you, this not make sense imho.

derms expert in scar revision use the "Wood light" for estimate deepness of scars

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/30/2021 12:03 am

8 hours ago, JessicaOlivia said:

ok got it,thank's ! Do you have any specific filler to suggest? I have heard about juvederm,radiesse and sculptra. Bellafill isn't available in my country-but it scares me anyway since it is the most long lasting/permanent one. Also, if i am not becoming extremely annoying with all those questions, is it possible that even when the filler dissolves , the scar is more elevated each time because of collagen production? :) 

You can forget about filler. You need to flatten those scar edges first. Only when they are relatively flat, then get filler. Juvederm/Restylane is fine. With these, you will see instant effect. On the other hand,  I don't recommend Sculptra/Radiess since they're not a volumizer like Juvederm/Restylane.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 05/04/2021 1:07 pm

Hey guys! I have a question.Weird kind of question but if anyone has an answer I would be very interested! Well,I noticed that a friend has some acne scarring and his beard doesn't grow at these parts.After research I found that hair doesn't grow on scar tissue! 

So,the reason this draw my interest is that most of my scars have normal pattern and amount of hair,just like the healthy skin surrounding them! Actually, there is something that pretty much happened with every pimple I had.I would get pimples and I would not pop them or pick them.So , when leaving on their own, the whole area that was a pimple would be left sligthly intended and pinkish and in the middle of this area there would be that pore like hole,which would be deeper and even redder.This hole is actually the part where the tip of the drained pus was before falling off ! So, that pinkish area is definitely a little bit depressed but has normal hair growing.The middle small hole hasn't! Why is this happening? Does this mean that the surrounding pink skin isn't actually damaged,and with the passage of time it could "plump" (since all of these scars are super fresh). I mean,is the actual scar the hole in the middle? Or hair can grow on scars too?

I am overanalasying but I can't find answers for this anywhere :( What do you think?

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 05/04/2021 4:55 pm

On 4/29/2021 at 10:03 PM, Sirius Lee said:

You can forget about filler. You need to flatten those scar edges first. Only when they are relatively flat, then get filler. Juvederm/Restylane is fine. With these, you will see instant effect. On the other hand,I don't recommend Sculptra/Radiess since they're not a volumizer like Juvederm/Restylane.

Sculptra is a used for volume loss.