Notifications
Clear all

seeking general advice

MemberMember
(@jadeandrushkagmail-com)

Posted : 11/20/2020 2:05 am

Hi everyone, firstly thank you so much for any helpful information or personal experiences in surgical procedures, peels, etc. I haven™t gotten anything done other than spending thousands on acne products, mostly on Murad since it worked for me as a teenager. But naturally I built these deep pitted scars over time after being terrible with not being able to leave my face alone. Over the past year or so I™ve left my acne alone. A few months ago I bought several microderma rollers with 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 and even 1.5 mm with a collagen serum. It seemed to have done more worse than good, but I didn™t keep up with it at all. This entire time I™ve felt that going to a doctor or dermatologist to get this done would be the answer, but my boyfriend feels that I should ask around before spending the money on the treatments that may or may not make much of a difference. I also have some redness, but the pitted scars and large pores have been a problem for a long time. If there™s any help, advice, personal stories or if you know someone who has scarring similar to mine it would be so incredibly helpful because I am truly at a loss. Thank you immensely.

image 1.jpeg

image 2.jpeg

image 3.jpeg

image 4.jpeg

image 5.jpeg

image 6.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/21/2020 7:47 pm

On 11/19/2020 at 11:05 PM, Jade A. said:

This entire time I™ve felt that going to a doctor or dermatologist to get this done would be the answer, but my boyfriend feels that I should ask around before spending the money on the treatments that may or may not make much of a difference. I also have some redness, but the pitted scars and large pores have been a problem for a long time. If there™s any help, advice, personal stories or if you know someone who has scarring similar to mine it would be so incredibly helpful because I am truly at a loss. Thank you immensely.

Can you take another picture, this time using the "angle-lighting" approach as shown in the picture below. This will create a heavy shadow that will accentuate the scar for better evaluation. This can be done by pointing a bright light perpendicular to the angle of the lens. So if you're shooting the side of the face, you would point the light from either the front or the back of the face.

image.png.e235ad914ccddcb765af7612633aeacc.png

MemberMember

Posted : 11/26/2020 11:32 am

Thanks so much for a response! Sorry for the delay, but yes I took more photos I hope these suffice. Thank you immensely in advance for your help. So these are both sides of my face, one side is more severe than the other. Thanks again.

DC79D708-0D6D-4B7D-8DE0-EAC723AFD6B3.jpeg

0EBEF4D4-996F-4DF9-9C0C-7FF0F8F32AC6.jpeg

0B4E3409-B341-4D9F-8765-E8B6122EFD25.jpeg

FE7BB36B-48CB-4385-A11F-32C118EC59C3.jpeg

113D399B-B47E-48B6-B704-6D81AF1D4834.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/27/2020 5:54 pm

On 11/26/2020 at 8:32 AM, Jade A. said:

So these are both sides of my face, one side is more severe than the other. Thanks again.

You pretty much have boxcar scars with a few rolling and icepick scars here and there. As I've advocated all along, the best way to treat the boxcar is, first and foremost, get rid of the prominent scar edge. It's when the light bounces of the edge, your scar becomes magnified. Just softening these edges alone will greatly reduce the appearance of the scars. This can be achieved with high strength TCA.

As the edges become less pronounced, they will look like rolling scars. At this point, you can opt for collagen-inducing treatments like RF microneedling or get a dermal filler. I tend to prefer dermal filler since you're never sure how much collagen you can actually make.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/28/2020 4:25 pm

22 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

You pretty much have boxcar scars with a few rolling and icepick scars here and there. As I've advocated all along, the best way to treat the boxcar is, first and foremost, get rid of the prominent scar edge. It's when the light bounces of the edge, your scar becomes magnified. Just softening these edges alone will greatly reduce the appearance of the scars. This can be achieved with high strength TCA.

As the edges become less pronounced, they will look like rolling scars. At this point, you can opt for collagen-inducing treatments like RF microneedling or get a dermal filler. I tend to prefer dermal filler since you're never sure how much collagen you can actually make.

Thank you immensely for this help yes Ill start on the TCA peel and go from there this is all really helpful thanks again :)!