Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling after Bellafill?

MemberMember
(@emythachgmail-com)

Posted : 10/23/2020 8:14 pm

I'm getting 2 syringes of Bellafill soon and plan on getting microneedling done after. How long should I wait to get microneedling done after my Bellafill treatment? or is it not safe to do so and should Iavoid microneedling after fillers?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/24/2020 2:38 pm

18 hours ago, user1111 said:

I'm getting 2 syringes of Bellafill soon and plan on getting microneedling done after. How long should I wait to get microneedling done after my Bellafill treatment? or is it not safe to do so and should Iavoid microneedling after fillers?

From what little reading I've done, I don't think there's any difference whether you get it immediately afterward or later. However, there is a caveat to consider. What's usually included in Bellafill are bovine collagen and biostimulators (crystals). Once injected, it takes up to 30 days for the bovine collagen to get absorbed by the surrounding tissues. As the collagen is absorbed, the biostimulating crystals produce new collagen of your own. Now, these two are supposed be in the same batch, so wherever the collagenis injected is where the crystals will be. Consider then when the needleor the energy from radiofrequency hits the collagen. Will it move or migrate the collagen deposit from its current location? If so, that would be problematic, since it would also move the crystals and you would end up producing collagen in all the wrong places (other than the acne pits).