Notifications
Clear all

Can anyone tell me what happened with beautifulambition?

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/09/2020 1:12 pm

1 hour ago, Nick Corona said:

The moderators removed his content.

Even if that's true, some of the content was edited out of BA's guides before they were removed

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 09/09/2020 6:17 pm

On 9/8/2020 at 3:45 AM, Candy Says said:

Atleast BA is still there. ObiWan was the GOAT. I miss him, honestly.

TBH Obiwan really knew his shit.  Had to have been a doctor or some sort imo.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:40 PM, Sirius Lee said:

While BA followed the advice given by Lim, OBI talked (I should say wrote) liked Lim. I think he was called out, either publicly or privately. Now you know why he was so knowledgeable (and why you don't see him anymore). :)

My gut always told me obiwan was Lim.  Who knows though.  

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/09/2020 8:02 pm

1 hour ago, thepwhisp said:

My gut always told me obiwan was Lim

If that so, that wasfunny how Obi talked about Lim quite often.

"Lim is still a junior"

"he's overconfident"

etc

anyway, this forum is not the same anymore

You liked
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 09/10/2020 1:52 am

7 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

TBH Obiwan really knew his shit. Had to have been a doctor or some sort imo.

My gut always told me obiwan was Lim. Who knows though.

I never got the feeling he was Lim in disguise just my opinion though.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 09/10/2020 11:58 am

22 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

Even if that's true, some of the content was edited out of BA's guides before they were removed

Alright, how do you know it was BA that did this? Moderators can delete content, and they can edit content as well.

I have a personal message from BA saying that he didn't delete his content.

MemberMember
(@emily-parker0gmail-com)

Posted : 09/10/2020 1:51 pm

Where do you go to get a personal assessment from BA now??

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/10/2020 2:09 pm

2 hours ago, Nick Corona said:

Alright, how do you know it was BA that did this? Moderators can delete content, and they can edit content as well.

I have a personal message from BA saying that he didn't delete his content.

I don't. If the moderators deleted it, they probably had grounds for doing so. The speculated DM donations would likely be against forum rules

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/10/2020 2:44 pm

BA didn't know his shit about subcision. I called him out and he deleted his comment on my post.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 09/10/2020 4:53 pm

2 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

I don't. If the moderators deleted it, they probably had grounds for doing so. The speculated DM donations would likely be against forum rules

Alright, so the moderators deleted it.

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 09/10/2020 4:57 pm

2 hours ago, AcneScarGuy said:

BA didn't know his shit about subcision. I called him out and he deleted his comment on my post.

Can you explain further what he didnt know?

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/10/2020 6:41 pm

1 hour ago, Nick Corona said:

Alright, so the moderators deleted it.

I'm not saying they deleted it. I'm explaining why they may have. Either side may have. BA claiming the moderators did it doesn't necessarily make it true

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/10/2020 8:07 pm

On 9/11/2020 at 5:57 AM, squeezeMcQueen said:

Can you explain further what he didn™t know?

When I made my first post about subcision and cupping, BA came in and said that I should use scupltra as a filler to prevent re-attachement instead. 

Firstly, SCUPLTRA is a collegan stimulant that get absorbed into your body very quickly. It cannot act as a spacer. 

Secondly, SCUPLTA is very expensive and not proven to be better than other collegan simulants which are cheaper. A lot of doctors will attempt to hardsell you this, and there are some post who claim that SCUPLTRA worked immediately after subcision which is not true; What they are seeing is the after subcision swelling. The collegan rebuilding process takes quite long and you have no idea whether the effect is from SCUPLTRA or something else.

The implication is that people will spent extra money to see the scars attached back after subcision. This contradict the intent of my post to use subcision and cupping to save money and prolong the effectiveness.

I told him he is wrong and he deleted his post. That was around a year ago.

On another note, the admin also removed my youtube posts and put it back, though. Thus I believe admin did some cleaning up recently. 

And to the admins, I will be making a long post about subcision and try to make another video about it because there are many misinformation. I have only 2 videos in my channel, AcneScarGuy, so let me know if it is okay to post them here. But no way I am showing my full face. :)

Kay24 and Dodgerguy liked
MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/10/2020 9:03 pm

Since the guides are gone, this page from acne.org should be pinned on this forum: https://www.acne.org/acne-scar-treatment.html

Dodgerguy liked
MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 09/11/2020 11:04 am

16 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

I'm not saying they deleted it. I'm explaining why they may have. Either side may have. BA claiming the moderators did it doesn't necessarily make it true

It doesn't make any sense why he would delete it; so it's a matter of believing what's more likely. I believe the scenario which actually makes sense.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 09/11/2020 11:15 am

17 minutes ago, Nick Corona said:

It doesn't make any sense why he would delete it; so it's a matter of believing what's more likely. I believe the scenario which actually makes sense.

It makes plenty of sense. BA made several useful guides on acne scars and treatments. Many people on this forum relied on BA for acne scar advice. In BA's absence, those guides were the last major source of information from BA. Deleting those guides may have been a way of getting people to seek out BA's website and pay for acne scar consultation.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/11/2020 2:56 pm

3 hours ago, Nick Corona said:

You're either BA's burner account or BA's burner account lol. So then why did he/she delete more than half the content on the acne scar ebook and wrote in big font forusers to DM for the complete guide? I noticed this change earlier this year. When I first discovered acne.orgsummer of 2018, the whole ebook was up there with no strikethroughs on half the sections. The chemical peels guide was also taken off the sticky and eventually got deleted with the remaining ebook recently. There's absolutely no reason for other moderators to remove content that is helpful, so the scenario that BA basically packed up and took his ball home by deleting the two guides "actually makes sense."

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/14/2020 3:24 pm

Honestly dont blame him for leaving, this environment is toxic and he even answered my email saying that many people here are unreliable when rating my scars. I understand cause no one here is really a proven dermatologist and obviously some people on here are really bad and mock you for having fucking depression you cant control. Lastly please see a derm much more reliable than here as I took pictures in harsh lights and the derm said retin a would treat everything and it has been working seeing major improvement. However, one member was good cause they said my condition would go away on its own

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 09/14/2020 6:45 pm

BA regurgitated whatever Lim says. Like, almost word for word. That's what i got out of him.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 09/18/2020 3:57 am

Knowing how he operates, he is MORE than likelyreading the site and taking notes on what people say about him. As for his past very suspect behavior, a lot of the charges are true. There was an incident in the past where he was accused by someone of creating fake profiles to troll people. His reaction to that was to delete ALL of his hundreds of posts.

There have been instances where other people, myself included, have challenged him on certain things when we felt what he suggested was too aggressive or needlessly complicated or expensive. He would launch personal attacks against those members who dared to call him out on this. In my case, he reported me and DELIBERATELY edited and removed posts or sections of my posts that directly challenged what he said. This was alarming enough.

Overtime another weird trend started to emerge. He would vehemently protect certain doctors, and attackpeople who had anything critical to say about the doctors and their treatment regimens. To me, that suggested that he was almost certainly getting kickbacks from these doctors and he had a financial motivation to preserve their reputations. A CLEAR CONFLICT OF INTEREST. And as everyone has noticed, he began to disappear and only give advice in DMs where it seems like he directed people to certain doctors. Doing everything in PM's meant that there was no transparency, no sharing of information, and gave him a way to hide the fact that he was getting financial kickbacks from doctors for funneling patients to their practices. I suspect that the senior moderators caught wind of this and banned him from the website for his financial dealings behind the scenes with clinics.

Look, he's more than entitled to offer his advice for a fee. No one is coercing people into seeking his advice. That said, the guy has a financial motivation to push people to the network of doctors he works with, and his advice is now biased in favor of the doctors. I seen this happen many times over the years with doctors who started out wanting to help people but became greedy when they knew how much money they could wring out of desperate scar sufferers (Rahimi being one of the most egregious examples).

My advice is that everyone needs to do their due diligence and EDUCATE themselves on the different scar treatment approaches so you don't get taken advantage of by doctors or anyone charging you for their services. Be an educated consumer.

The thing is BA did NOT gain all that knowledge by himself and he has benefited from the years of collective knowledge shared by many members. It's sad that he has decided to use the knowledge freely available here to ENRICH HIMSELF.

These are my own observations. And oh yeah... one time I openly wrote that Obi must be Lim..And guess what? My comment was removed. LOL hmmmmm

Dodgerguy, pursuit of happyness, Kay24 and 1 people liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/18/2020 7:58 am

On 9/18/2020 at 10:57 AM, dazzed said:

Knowing how he operates, he is MORE than likelyreading the site and taking notes on what people say about him. As for his past very suspect behavior, a lot of the charges are true. There was an incident in the past where he was accused by someone of creating fake profiles to troll people. His reaction to that was to delete ALL of his hundreds of posts.

There have been instances where other people, myself included, have challenged him on certain things when we felt what he suggested was too aggressive or needlessly complicated or expensive. He would launch personal attacks against those members who dared to call him out on this. In my case, he reported me and DELIBERATELY edited and removed posts or sections of my posts that directly challenged what he said. This was alarming enough.

Overtime another weird trend started to emerge. He would vehemently protect certain doctors, and attackpeople who had anything critical to say about the doctors and their treatment regimens. To me, that suggested that he was almost certainly getting kickbacks from these doctors and he had a financial motivation to preserve their reputations. A CLEAR CONFLICT OF INTEREST. And as everyone has noticed, he began to disappear and only give advice in DMs where it seems like he directed people to certain doctors. Doing everything in PM's meant that there was no transparency, no sharing of information, and gave him a way to hide the fact that he was getting financial kickbacks from doctors for funneling patients to their practices. I suspect that the senior moderators caught wind of this and banned him from the website for his financial dealings behind the scenes with clinics.

Look, he's more than entitled to offer his advice for a fee. No one is coercing people into seeking his advice. That said, the guy has a financial motivation to push people to the network of doctors he works with, and his advice is now biased in favor of the doctors. I seen this happen many times over the years with doctors who started out wanting to help people but became greedy when they knew how much money they could wring out of desperate scar sufferers (Rahimi being one of the most egregious examples).

My advice is that everyone needs to do their due diligence and EDUCATE themselves on the different scar treatment approaches so you don't get taken advantage of by doctors or anyone charging you for their services. Be an educated consumer.

The infuriating thing is that BA is taking a vast body of knowledge that he TOOK from other people generously sharing their experiences. The point being, he did NOT gain all that knowledge by himself and he has benefited from the years of collective knowledge shared by many members. It's sad that he has decided to use the knowledge freely available here to ENRICH HIMSELF.

These are my own observations. And oh yeah... one time I openly wrote that Obi must be Lim..And guess what? My comment was removed. LOL hmmmmm

It's totally frustrating to try and find good practitioners and I'm afraid that you are right - they are trying to enrich themselves at ourcost. They also often have different favourite treatments offered to everybody and one gets totally confused. Like me.I've seen2 doctors this week and they all had different suggestions. It's like 2 docs, 3 opinions!

BA seems to reiterate what Dr Lim suggests and directs people to Lim or other selected few derms.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/18/2020 9:46 pm

One thing I would like to point out to the admins (@Dan) is that moderator position, who normally is in the position to wield control over others' posts at will, should NOT be given to active posters. This will ultimately result in censorship, deleting posts that conflicts with his or her own views, as was the case with BA.

Having said that, BA did go over head over heels and helped a lot of people, regardless of his as-yet-to-be-proven shady dealings. Seriously, nobody knows for sure whether there was any kickbacks while he was here and to cast him in such a negative lightseems a bit far-fetched (although it's highly arguablewhetherhis recent foray into setting up his own shop violates theconflict of interest clause or not). I think we should all collect ourselves and put this behind us for the sake of normalcy.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 09/19/2020 2:26 am

BAs advice helped me tremendously. My scars are so much better and I would not have known enoughabout tethering and subcision/fillerhad it not been for his dms explaining the process to me. No doctors or professionals around me ever even mentioned subcision.He did recommend sculptra which my doctor refused to do, so yeah maybe not every bit of his advice is perfect but I cant imagine how my scarring would look without his advice. He did tell me regular HA filler was still fine though and gave great advice about being very cautious with the more permanent bellafill fillers. I also wouldnt have known that MULTIPLE subcisions are required and had I not known, I would have given up after twoand my results would not have improved as much.He recommended a great doctor for me and never mentioned anything aboutareferral.

I feel really lucky to have gotten the free advice because it isreally risky to pay for it when you dont know if the advice will be good, especially when youre new to this. It completely makes sense that he wants to make money off of it but its just hard since we know how insanely expensive treatingscarring is.I was always planningto contribute to that donation link once I was able to afford it since the scarring treatments has cost thousands, I didnt really seeanything wrong with having that link to be honest. I was planning on doing more of a lump sum when I was able to afford it but I regret not doing just a dollar or a couple wheneverI could,if that meant helping to keep the advice free for here. I just wasnt sure if doing small amounts like that could be seen as disrespectful lol.

Im not sure what the price is but if its within your budget and youre considering getting his advice I would recommend it based off of my experience.

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/19/2020 10:50 am

8 hours ago, hlp334 said:

BAs advice helped me tremendously. My scars are so much better and I would not have known enoughabout tethering and subcision/fillerhad it not been for his dms explaining the process to me. No doctors or professionals around me ever even mentioned subcision.He did recommend sculptra which my doctor refused to do, so yeah maybe not every bit of his advice is perfect but I cant imagine how my scarring would look without his advice. He did tell me regular HA filler was still fine though and gave great advice about being very cautious with the more permanent bellafill fillers. I also wouldnt have known that MULTIPLE subcisions are required and had I not known, I would have given up after twoand my results would not have improved as much.He recommended a great doctor for me and never mentioned anything aboutareferral.

I feel really lucky to have gotten the free advice because it isreally risky to pay for it when you dont know if the advice will be good, especially when youre new to this. It completely makes sense that he wants to make money off of it but its just hard since we know how insanely expensive treatingscarring is.I was always planningto contribute to that donation link once I was able to afford it since the scarring treatments has cost thousands, I didnt really seeanything wrong with having that link to be honest. I was planning on doing more of a lump sum when I was able to afford it but I regret not doing just a dollar or a couple wheneverI could,if that meant helping to keep the advice free for here. I just wasnt sure if doing small amounts like that could be seen as disrespectful lol.

Im not sure what the price is but if its within your budget and youre considering getting his advice I would recommend it based off of my experience.

A lot of advices are FREE, and it is supposed to be FREE here. This is a community that helps one another. If you didn't get it from BA, you would have gotten it from any of the more experience ones here. Thank goodness your doctor is in the right mind not to use Scupltra, since based on this https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf3/P030050S002c.pdf , there are quite a number of side effects and it is very expensive.

If you have used suction or cupping properly, subcision once or twicewould be good enough. Multiple subcision and using Sculptra (which is NOT derma fillers) is not cost effective at all.

Do let us know the "Great Doctor" recommended by BA so that we can be wary of him, because the community needs to know to protect ourselves.

The budget would be better spent on medical treatment than on someone like BA sellingfree advices taken from this community.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 09/19/2020 11:20 am

Dont you think saying two subcisionsis enough depends on the person? My scars are widespread/very tethered and like to reattach. I tried cupping and it was not at straightforward as everyone made it seem when you have a lot of scars. I used fillers so I didnt have to worry about not doing the cupping right.I saw a dramatic difference between my third and fourth subcision, and the results have held pretty well. I plan to get more and gauge based on how much resistance I have at the next one/my results. Im not saying no one else could have given me the advice but his was more comprehensive and that helps a lot in understanding what the best plan is.

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/19/2020 1:51 pm

2 hours ago, hlp334 said:

Dont you think saying two subcisionsis enough depends on the person? My scars are widespread/very tethered and like to reattach. I tried cupping and it was not at straightforward as everyone made it seem when you have a lot of scars. I used fillers so I didnt have to worry about not doing the cupping right.I saw a dramatic difference between my third and fourth subcision, and the results have held pretty well. I plan to get more and gauge based on how much resistance I have at the next one/my results. Im not saying no one else could have given me the advice but his was more comprehensive and that helps a lot in understanding what the best plan is.

I find it hard to believe you had derma fillers and you subcised the same scars again. That is not how derma-fillers work.

And who is this Great Doctor BA recommended you? Care to share?

From what you have shared, BA did not give you a good treatment plan at all and this is a reason to avoid him.