Notifications
Clear all

Filler with Subcision

MemberMember
(@pkgamingcommercegmail-com)

Posted : 07/14/2020 12:53 pm

I have already had a subcision + 50% TCA crosstreatment 2 weeks ago - the results were really goodone weekin (40%)but over the next week they became worse - I don't know why (about 10% improvement overall).

My icepicks/ shallow boxscars on my temples improved the most shallowing out a bit but my rolling atrophic scars on my cheeks have not improved much.

I was wondering:

(1) What % of scarring re-tethers post subcision - is filler really necessary as a spacer - does it reduce re-tethering by a lot?

(2) What is the best filler - HA?

(3) After 1 year, when the filler subsides - do the results diminish at that point (less volume)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/14/2020 3:54 pm

2 hours ago, collagenmax said:

I have already had a subcision + 50% TCA crosstreatment 2 weeks ago - the results were really goodone weekin (40%)but over the next week they became worse - I don't know why (about 10% improvement overall).

For the first week, it's all swelling. Once the swelling goes down, then the scar would look worse before getting better. This can take anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks.

My icepicks/ shallow boxscars on my temples improved the most shallowing out a bit but my rolling atrophic scars on my cheeks have not improved much.

Shallow rolling scars don't respond well to subcision. Where was the TCA applied? Icepicks only? But, again, it's too early to tell.

(1) What % of scarring re-tethers post subcision - is filler really necessary as a spacer - does it reduce re-tethering by a lot?

(2) What is the best filler - HA?

(3) After 1 year, when the filler subsides - do the results diminish at that point (less volume)

1. Probably depends on the age of the scar. Older the scar, more likely. It's also worth mentioning that a scar doesn't re-tether overnight. It's a slow process.

2. For spacer, you don't need any fancy filler. Any filler will do.

3. Don't forget the whole point of getting the filler was to prevent the scar from reattaching. If the scar didn't reattach, the result will likely bepermanent.

MemberMember
(@pkgamingcommercegmail-com)

Posted : 07/14/2020 6:26 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

For the first week, it's all swelling. Once the swelling goes down, then the scar would look worse before getting better. This can take anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks.

Shallow rolling scars don't respond well to subcision. Where was the TCA applied? Icepicks only? But, again, it's too early to tell.

1. Probably depends on the age of the scar. Older the scar, more likely. It's also worth mentioning that a scar doesn't re-tether overnight. It's a slow process.

2. For spacer, you don't need any fancy filler. Any filler will do.

3. Don't forget the whole point of getting the filler was to prevent the scar from reattaching. If the scar didn't reattach, the result will likely bepermanent.

(1) What do shallow rolling scars respond better to? Was thinking of doinginfini

(2) Was thinking of using filler to levelout some pitted scarring as well - not for a spacer - I'm guessing as the filler subsides over time, the results from the filler will go as the scar becomes less levelled with the surrounding skin over time.

(3) I did subcision 2 weeks ago - if I go into the clinic next week (3 weeks after) - will it still be of use getting fillers for spacer or is it only worth doing it during the same time as the subcision

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/15/2020 12:24 am

5 hours ago, collagenmax said:

(1) What do shallow rolling scars respond better to? Was thinking of doinginfini

(2) Was thinking of using filler to levelout some pitted scarring as well - not for a spacer - I'm guessing as the filler subsides over time, the results from the filler will go as the scar becomes less levelled with the surrounding skin over time.

(3) I did subcision 2 weeks ago - if I go into the clinic next week (3 weeks after) - will it still be of use getting fillers for spacer or is it only worth doing it during the same time as the subcision

1. I need to see your scars before making any suggestions.

2. Every scar (boxcar, icepick, rolling, etc)is different and likewise will react differently to different treatment. With that said, filler itself can also generate collagen over time. So it's best you evaluate the scar and tailor your treatment.

3. I personally tell people to wait 2 weeks after subcision to get the filler. The main reason is your face will be too swollen from subcision and it would be impossible to cover all the scars that were subcised. Another reason is after the swelling subsides, the entire filler can be used not just as a spacer but as a volumizer for indentation as well.

Also when they inject filler right after subcision, they use only a portion of the syringe, leaving the unused amount to be discarded. Why pay for something only to be wasted? So wait2 weeks and inject the entire syringe of filler.