Notifications
Clear all

Dermal Filler Questions

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 07/07/2020 12:42 pm

Hi All,

I am currently thinking if I should take dermal filler treatment and might need your advices.

I have some rolling scars, which can NOTbe flatten completely when stretching the skin. Therefore, I think I need to combine both subcision and dermal filler in order to avoid the donut effect.

My derm has told me he would use two type of fillers:

1. HA filler : lasts between 12-18 months and has a reverse agent and is best for the first time injector. Results are seen immediately

2. Bellafill: last around 5 years, but don't have a reverse agent, and need some allergy tests. Results are NOT seen immediately, but built-up overtime.

I've read a bunch of posts in this forum regarding the dermal filler and I see most of the ppl saying the HA filler will only last around several months. Therefore, I was wondering

1. How long does the HA filler last for you? Will it last up to 18 months?

2. How much improvement you see from one session of dermal filler and subcision treatment?

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 07/07/2020 4:21 pm

Hi Jack,

From my understanding, the purpose offiller is different when used alone and combined with subcision. When used alone, this will help raise individual pits and the result will be temporary. I cant speak on how long they last, but it seems to be different from person to person due to genetics and lifestyle.When used in conjunction with subcision, the filler will act as a buffer to prevent the scars from being reattached. The chances of the scars becoming reattached are dependent on the experience of the doctor.

If they cannotbe flattened when stretched out, I would definitely recommend doing subcision. Tethered scarring is exactly what subcision fixes.It is crucialto find a good doctor who performs this procedure. BeautifulAmbition has a good list of providers in his e-book on here. Call around and ask the right questions.

For a more defined second opinion from this community,a picture of your scarring would be very useful.

Jack817 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/07/2020 4:34 pm

3 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Hi All,

I am currently thinking if I should take dermal filler treatment and might need your advices.

I have some rolling scars, which can NOTbe flatten completely when stretching the skin. Therefore, I think I need to combine both subcision and dermal filler in order to avoid the donut effect.

My derm has told me he would use two type of fillers:

1. HA filler : lasts between 12-18 months and has a reverse agent and is best for the first time injector. Results are seen immediately

2. Bellafill: last around 5 years, but don't have a reverse agent, and need some allergy tests. Results are NOT seen immediately, but built-up overtime.

I've read a bunch of posts in this forum regarding the dermal filler and I see most of the ppl saying the HA filler will only last around several months. Therefore, I was wondering

1. How long does the HA filler last for you? Will it last up to 18 months?

2. How much improvement you see from one session of dermal filler and subcision treatment?

Actually, temporary fillers can last a long time if placed correctly. Those that last less than 3 months are usually due to migration.

Jack817 liked
MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 07/08/2020 2:21 am

9 hours ago, squeezeMcQueen said:

Hi Jack,

From my understanding, the purpose offiller is different when used alone and combined with subcision. When used alone, this will help raise individual pits and the result will be temporary. I cant speak on how long they last, but it seems to be different from person to person due to genetics and lifestyle.When used in conjunction with subcision, the filler will act as a buffer to prevent the scars from being reattached. The chances of the scars becoming reattached are dependent on the experience of the doctor.

If they cannotbe flattened when stretched out, I would definitely recommend doing subcision. Tethered scarring is exactly what subcision fixes.It is crucialto find a good doctor who performs this procedure. BeautifulAmbition has a good list of providers in his e-book on here. Call around and ask the right questions.

For a more defined second opinion from this community,a picture of your scarring would be very useful.

Thanks for your reply!

Youve mentioned two different purposes byusing dermal fillers. Will the effect be same for those two cases then?

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 07/08/2020 12:42 pm

10 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Thanks for your reply!

Youve mentioned two different purposes byusing dermal fillers. Will the effect be same for those two cases then?

I would say not. Im not a doctor, so I would get a second opinion. The fillers alone would probably give a bigger boost, but the downside is youll constantly need to refill. If injected correctly,filler when used with subcision givespermanent results. The resultsmight not be as drastic as filler alone, but the plus side would be that the change is morepermanent.

If I were in your situation, I would try to get as many subcisions with filler as I could before I look into dermal fillers alone. In the long run, it will probably save you money. You will probably need a few subcision sessions too, and this process cantake a while. The length of the processis all dependent on the severity of your scars, how the doctor performs the procedureandhow you heal. There are some people on here who get what theyre looking forwith only one subcision treatment, while others take more.

Also, a great adjunct to subcision would beRF microneedling. It seems to help users on here. However,RF will work best when combined with subcision.

Hope I am able to help!

Jack817 liked