Notifications
Clear all

Subcision on the Temples? How do other doctors approach this area?

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 06/17/2020 9:02 pm

I know it's common knowledge here that subcision of the temples (sides of the head) is a big no-no because of the location of an important facial nerve however how exactly do you treat this area with the scars on this part of the body have volume loss or are tethered? I've seen some of Dr. Davin Lim's videos where he doesn't subcise the scar but uses filler instead. Is that the MO for scars in this area? On the other hand I saw a dermatologist subcise the temples with no filler whatsoever, pulling the syringe in-and-out and using the fan like motion to break up the scar. I could only watch in anxiety!

Previously, I tried to dermastamp using the Derminator at 2.5 mm/fast settings and then suction for two weeks straight as much as I could. Ikindasaw results but now and again not really. Has this worked better for you?

How did you dermatologists approach this area if you have scars here? I've already tackled the icepicks and narrow boxcar scars on my temples with TCA Cross so no problem there.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/17/2020 10:34 pm

1 hour ago, wombatstaywoke said:

I know it's common knowledge here that subcision of the temples (sides of the head) is a big no-no because of the location of an important facial nerve however how exactly do you treat this area with the scars on this part of the body have volume loss or are tethered? I've seen some of Dr. Davin Lim's videos where he doesn't subcise the scar but uses filler instead. Is that the MO for scars in this area? On the other hand I saw a dermatologist subcise the temples with no filler whatsoever, pulling the syringe in-and-out and using the fan like motion to break up the scar. I could only watch in anxiety!

What type of scars are we talking about? For the most part, you can usually feel the scar bands underneath the skin if they're tethered. But with so little skin to begin with, temples and the forehead don't have as much tethering as the cheek, for example,where there are more meat.

1 hour ago, wombatstaywoke said:

How did you dermatologists approach this area if you have scars here? I've already tackled the icepicks and narrow boxcar scars on my temples with TCA Cross so no problem there.

I've had some success afterapplying 100%. It took a few tries though. So I suggest you keep applying TCA cross to wherever there are pits. For rolling scars, stretch the skin tight and apply 50% as close to the pits.

MemberMember
(@matt1274)

Posted : 07/05/2020 3:38 pm

I had aggressivetemple subcision and fillers. If your doctor knows the facial anatomy and is confident- along with you trusting the doctor.. then go for it. I had severe temple scarring. Now its 80% improved. The filler I had was bellafill.

BA_2022 liked
MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 07/05/2020 5:08 pm

1 hour ago, Matt1274 said:

I had aggressivetemple subcision and fillers. If your doctor knows the facial anatomy and is confident- along with you trusting the doctor.. then go for it. I had severe temple scarring. Now its 80% improved. The filler I had was bellafill.

Whowas your Doctor'?

MemberMember
(@matt1274)

Posted : 07/05/2020 5:23 pm

My injectorwas actually a nurse who did a lot of Botox and fillers, so was very well versed in the facial anatomy. But not too well known I believe. PM me for more info if youre on the east coast