Notifications
Clear all

TCA SCABS

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/04/2020 2:56 am

Hello I am considering going to dr Rullan for TCA cross and have been looking at different doctor statements. I have read that scabs are normal but then I read this by dr Lim youshould NEVER havescabs with TCA Peeling as this can worsen scars . So I am confused about what to ask for as I dont want to take any undue risks. Can you guys weigh in ? Thank you

MemberMember
(@scarmony)

Posted : 06/04/2020 3:03 am

TCA Cross is different than a regular TCA peel. So I assume Lim was referring to a peel that covers most of the face, which should not scab. Cross however is only at the scars, which should scab.

MemberMember
(@ecopublicistmail-com)

Posted : 06/04/2020 3:07 am

2 minutes ago, Scarmony said:

TCA Cross is different than a regular TCA peel. So I assume Lim was referring to a peel that covers most of the face, which should not scab. Cross however is only at the scars, which should scab.

Oh thank you I didnt understand the difference.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/04/2020 3:22 pm

12 hours ago, SharonBarnes said:

Hello I am considering going to dr Rullan for TCA cross and have been looking at different doctor statements. I have read that scabs are normal but then I read this by dr Lim youshould NEVER havescabs with TCA Peeling as this can worsen scars . So I am confused about what to ask for as I dont want to take any undue risks. Can you guys weigh in ? Thank you

How can you NOT scab? You're intentionally inflicting wounds. This causes trauma to the skin. This is why you end up with hyperpigmentation. There will be scabs or crusts.It is all part of the natural healing process.

12 hours ago, Scarmony said:

Peel or not, whenyou apply TCA 35% and up, you will scab.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/27/2020 1:48 am

My derm has told me that you actually wantminimal scabs, which means no scabs = better healing wound. And that's why lots of derms suggest you to put lots of ointments/Vaseline after the tca cross to keep it wet.