Notifications
Clear all

Over the counter ways to treat these acne scars?

MemberMember
(@screechingpiano)

Posted : 04/02/2020 10:40 pm

I believe these are rolling scars on my forehead. My doctor put me on accutane but I feel like it's a waste of time because accutane doesn't fix scars. I'm going to have to wait months now until I can go through real treatment (as a side question do you think micro needling or subscision would be the best way to treat this?)

Is there any ways I can help treat this myself in the meantime? I just want to at least get rid of the red spots

PSX_20200402_233410.jpg

PSX_20200403_170301.jpg

PSX_20200402_234929.jpg

MemberMember
(@laurajanecave)

Posted : 04/03/2020 2:22 am

Accutane can actually help a little in the sense that your cell turnover rate goes into overdrive once your dose gets high enough. The effect is similar to having light chemical peels. 
Maybe the reason your dermatologist put you on accutane first was to avoid the inflammation-breakouts that can be caused by microneedling skin that has active acne. I agree with you that your type of scarring would require proper subscision treatments or laser, but it™s a good idea that you™re clearing up your skin first.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@screechingpiano)

Posted : 04/03/2020 3:01 pm

12 hours ago, Laurajanecave said:

Accutane can actually help a little in the sense that your cell turnover rate goes into overdrive once your dose gets high enough. The effect is similar to having light chemical peels. 
Maybe the reason your dermatologist put you on accutane first was to avoid the inflammation-breakouts that can be caused by microneedling skin that has active acne. I agree with you that your type of scarring would require proper subscision treatments or laser, but it™s a good idea that you™re clearing up your skin first.

Good luck :)

Thank you that's good to know the accutane might help after all