Notifications
Clear all

Help from people who had fillers done and how to treat deep atrophic scars

MemberMember
(@edsoonw)

Posted : 12/17/2019 1:39 am

Hi people, Ive had a more agressive dermarolling treatment with a dermatologist and subcision done till now, and my scars dont look that bad on normal lightning. 

I have some questions about these scars:

Im planning to inject Radiesse Filler on that bigger lower scar(which looks shallower than it actually is on the photo because of swelling from dermaroll), so it is pretty deep and it can look even wider when sleep deprived, is sub+filler the best option for this?

I have noticed that some b+a pictures on dr davin lin's website says that some of the results are permanent, but the subcision+filler treatment lasts for 2 years, so the deepest atrophic scars cant be permanently treated? Should I have no hope for it but to do fillers from time to time?

The collagen produced by the bio stimulator (Radiesse) wont last for long and the big atrophic scar will soon be back? 

Can you help me @beautifulambition??? 

IMG_20191217_031734_523.jpg

IMG_20191217_031732_700.jpg

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 12/17/2019 5:09 pm

First, these really aren't as bad as you think they are. I only see a few bigger scars. I think subcision and fillers will work great for you and get you at least 70-80% improvement. You only really have rolling scars with a smooth surface, and these are perfect for sub+filler.

Radiesse is fine to use but it's quite hard and you can feel it. If that doesn't bother you it should work fine. But just know that the injector has to precise because you can not dissolve it like hyaluronic acid fillers. It's not permanent, but it takes a while to degrade.

If you want permanent you could try Bellafill if you're in the US, but I would not recommend that for your first time. One, if your injector sucks you're basically stuck with it. Two, you need to be sure you like how it looks with filler. Test driving with a temporary filler first is a good way to gauge the skill of your injector and whether you like the look of it. Then the next time you can transition to permanent filler

MemberMember
(@edsoonw)

Posted : 12/17/2019 10:44 pm

@dazzed thank you for your response, I have done it today, but there is still one thing I wanna know, is there any permanent solution for the deeper atrophic scar except for "permanent" fillers?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 12/17/2019 10:58 pm

What did you end up doing? Radiesse? Subcision can be permanent if you suction and cause enough subdermal scarring that elevates the depression. As for permanent fillers, the only things are fat grafting (if the fat survives) and permanent fillers.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/17/2019 11:01 pm

I think your scars are not so widespread from the pictures. Get HA based fillers or find an expert bellafill injector. I mean, look at realself.com and find the top injector for your city if you are going with bellafill.