Notifications
Clear all

So happy with laser results!

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 06/08/2019 6:24 pm

So many people have asked me for updates on my skin post subcision. As mentioned before, I had 4 subcisions and my last one was a few years ago. I have since moved from San Francisco to Miami, and I wanted to see if a doctor down here had any ideas for how to further improve my skin. 

I went to Bowes Dermatology and met with a nurse there. She told me she did not suggest any more subcision because it is so expensive. She said fillers were best used after subcision, so she didn™t recommend those either. She actually suffers from acne scars herself, and she said lasers were what helped her most. I™m usually so skeptical about people pushing lasers, but the fact that she had acne scars led me to believe she could honestly empathize with my situation and was really trying to help. 

I ended up doing 3 sessions, one month apart, of laser treatments with her. She used the icon xd (Palomar lux 1540) each time. Originally she wanted me to also do fraxel, but I was having such great improvement with this laser, she decided against it. In total, it cost $1800 for all 3. 

the treatment itself starts with numbing cream which she applies then leaves for about an hour. Then she takes you and covers your eyes and does the laser with a handheld device. She went over each spot 3-4 times. It was painful, I won™t lie, but beauty is pain. Afterward, my face is red and puffy. Over the next few days, I was basically stuck in my house. My face was red and you could see the laser grid marks and my skin had an orange peel texture. That obviously goes  away after a few days. You have to avoid the sun before and after, too. 

I™m so so so happy with treatment. I™m going to follow up this month and see the before and after pictures they take at a professional level. I™ll try to get pictures so I can post here and you can see the difference up close. However, I took my own. I hope if you™re on the fence about trying laser and your scars make you unhappy, you do it. I can only speak to my experience with this laser specifically, but I™d do it all over again in a heat beat, no question. My scars are so much more shallow. I really went in with such low expectations, so for them to be this far exceeded feels awesome. 

I™m sorry I don™t check this often but I™ll try to if anyone has any questions. I™ve also posted a few threads about subcision where you can see how my skin looked before ANY treatment. 

Below is a photo - the top two photos are the before laser pictures taken about 4 or 5 months ago, and the bottom is now. I also bought œrebrightalyze pads from them which are skin lighteners, which is why my skin looks brighter and more even in the after photos. 

89346FF9-D7A6-4271-B8DB-D6DB2F656714.jpeg

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 06/08/2019 7:39 pm

Outstanding. Glad to hear you are happy

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/09/2019 2:46 pm

Did the results of your subcision treatment hold?

MemberMember
(@dazmik)

Posted : 06/09/2019 3:23 pm

Thank youfor the post, I was just recommended thesame laser and it's really helpfulto see how it worked for you because there are barely any reviews for this laser.Your skin looks great btw.

Kazalea liked
MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 06/09/2019 9:14 pm

6 hours ago, Noa27 said:

Did the results of your subcision treatment hold?

Yes. You should look at my old thread for photos of my skin before and afterI had the subcisionsand compare those photos to the photo on here so you can see how my skin has changed and maintained results in the last few years. Im glad I did the subcision - it made my scars less jagged looking to me and the results lasted.

5 hours ago, Dazmik said:

Thank youfor the post, I was just recommended thesame laser and it's really helpfulto see how it worked for you because there are barely any reviews for this laser.Your skin looks great btw.

Yes, I couldnt find any either. The only thing I could find was a video of the nurse who did the laser on me getting it done herself. I was nervous she was only promoting the laser because the office she works at offers it, but Im so glad I trusted her and took the chance because its really made a difference in my scarring.

Dazmik liked