Notifications
Clear all

Help with this scars and discoloration

MemberMember
(@france11)

Posted : 05/31/2019 2:35 am

Hi!

I have mild scarring and discoloration (pih and pie), how can I get rid of this. I had this for 2-3 years. I'm Asian.

I tried peeling (glycolic and mandelic), it helps a bit but the scars and discoloration is still there.

The scarring is not that visible in the photo and when you look from afar but when you look closely, it's visible.

On the photo, I got new acne as it's my period but I now have very minimal like one or two acne a month.

I don't want to do dermarolling on my own as I'm scared that I might do more harm than good to my skin.

20190531_105137-1[1].jpg

20190531_104501-1[1].jpg

20190531_105008[1].jpg

20190531_105137-1[1].jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/31/2019 9:42 am

@france11We have active acne here. This is the most important thing to treat or you will continue to get PIE or redness and possibly scars. Please see a dermatologist.

Every patient I know who does glycolic and mandelic has to do many over a years time. They also use a retinoid or tretinorinnightly. You need a skin whitening cream, to work on the PIH also used nightly. They have ingredients such as azaleic acid, kojic acid, arbutin, licorice, etc...

Vitamin C serum can be helpful as well, ... wear sunscreen!

For stronger treatments see a doctor for pulse dye laser. Picosure / picoway can also help those with your skin type or other non-abaltive laser treatments for early scarring.

Discoloration issues are not scarring, ... work on your discoloration first and active acne.

Consult a few Dr's and choose the one you wish for pulse dye laser, there are many brands for hyperpigmentation, ... ask .