Notifications
Clear all

i need your help

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 02/19/2021 8:10 am

hi everyone, that is the current situation of my right cheek after 4 subcisions and one light chemabrasion (no filler for this cheek)

2 years between those pictures 

before and after of my left cheek is coming soon (i dont have a good picture yet) 

325890EE-88DE-4D39-8275-FBA80BF526D9.jpeg

SaraTheGerman, PTAA, Jck17 and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@gettinggoodskinoutlook-com)

Posted : 02/19/2021 8:32 am

Incredible! Your skin is looking wonderful.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 02/19/2021 9:13 am

What you eat? This is top tier level healing

MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 02/19/2021 1:59 pm

Wow, those were some really deep scars and it's almost clear now. I hope you're very happy with your improvement. Are you still going to continue your treatments?

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 02/19/2021 3:49 pm

1 hour ago, HellishDuffel said:

Wow, those were some really deep scars and it's almost clear now. I hope you're very happy with your improvement. Are you still going to continue your treatments?

no i dont think so

6 hours ago, Candy Says said:

What you eat? This is top tier level healing

nothing special

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2021 5:41 pm

7 hours ago, acnescars2000 said:

hi everyone, that is the current situation of my right cheek after 4 subcisions and one light chemabrasion (no filler for this cheek)

2 years between those pictures 

Kudos! A very good improvement indeed. I have some questions.

Can you please elaborate on when you got these treatments?

Also what type of subcision was used, eg. cannula, nokor, etc?

How many sessions of filler (was it used as volumizer or spacer)?

And what do you mean by "light" chemabrasion?

According to the article, "Anterior" chemabrasion for acne scars treatment, written by the same doctor you mentioned earlier, she described the process as follows with a picture. "Abrasion was performed using a sandpaper rolled around a 10 mL glass vial (Figure 2)." Was this the way it was performed? 

image.png.d7488c074fb2312ccfdd0317c68efb6f.png

MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 02/19/2021 5:43 pm

Wow, incredible change without filler!

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 02/19/2021 5:53 pm

3 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Kudos! A very good improvement indeed. I have some questions.

Can you please elaborate on when you got these treatments?

Also what type of subcision was used, eg. cannula, nokor, etc?

How many sessions of filler (was it used as volumizer or spacer)?

And what do you mean by "light" chemabrasion?

According to the article, "Anterior" chemabrasion for acne scars treatment, written by the same doctor you mentioned earlier, she described the process as follows with a picture. "Abrasion was performed using a sandpaper rolled around a 10 mL glass vial (Figure 2)." Was this the way it was performed? 

image.png.d7488c074fb2312ccfdd0317c68efb6f.png

the last  treatment i had was a month ago (cannula subcision + chemabrasion) by light chemabrasion i mean that she abraded only the epidermis with a sandpaper followed by a easy tca peel ( it is mixed with antioxidants and AHAs )

I did not have filler for this cheek, but on the other she used it as a voluminizer. 

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2021 6:08 pm

4 minutes ago, acnescars2000 said:

the lasttreatment i had was a month ago (cannula subcision + chemabrasion) by light chemabrasion i mean that she abraded only the epidermis with a sandpaperfollowed by a easy tca peel ( it is mixedwith antioxidants and AHAs )

I did not have fillerfor this cheek, but on the other she used it as a voluminizer.

Hey, Iappreciate your reply. Can I ask for more detailed answer?

1) You got 4 subcisions over 2 years. So is it fair to say you got subcision about every 6 months? Were they all cannula?

2) How many fillers did you get in the last 2 years? Did you always get it with subcision? Was there a time you got it separately, just as a volumizer?

3) How many chemabrasions have you had until now?

4) Do you remember what the TCA concentration was?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/19/2021 6:11 pm

Some of the best improvement I've seen

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2021 6:15 pm

1 minute ago, Amanda Hall said:

Some of the best improvement I've seen

"Some"??

I don't know if this is even possible in 5 years. But in just 2 years? It's mind blowing.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 02/19/2021 6:22 pm

6 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

"Some"??

I don't know if this is even possible in 5 years. But in just 2 years? It's mind blowing.

I think it is because it is fresh scar since you always see the biggest improvement for people who has fresh ones.

For old scars, I dodnt usually see this kind of improvements.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2021 7:06 pm

So what is "Anterior Chemabrasion"? According to the paper authored by the doctor in question, it's a two step process (three for severe scars).

1. Derma-sanding using P220 sandpaper rolled around 10 mL vial(see above)
  2. 15% TCA
  3. (For severe scars) use of a focal diamond drill abrasion

Not sure what "focal diamond drill" is but I think it might be thesame thing as the diamond-tipped wand used for microdermabrasion.

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 02/20/2021 7:45 pm

On 2/20/2021 at 12:08 AM, Sirius Lee said:

Hey, Iappreciate your reply. Can I ask for more detailed answer?

1) You got 4 subcisions over 2 years. So is it fair to say you got subcision about every 6 months? Were they all cannula?

2) How many fillers did you get in the last 2 years? Did you always get it with subcision? Was there a time you got it separately, just as a volumizer?

3) How many chemabrasions have you had until now?

4) Do you remember what the TCA concentration was?

the baseline picture was taken in april 2019, still on accutane

December 2019 : subcision

March 2020:subcision + filler

June 2020: subcision

august 2020: just filler

january 2021: subcision + chemabrasion

and yes, they were all cannula.

the majority of the improvement i had on this cheek came from doing nothing at all. when i started to treat my scars in decemeber it alreadylooked 50 % better. Idk how, but i am grateful.my forehead on the other hand did not respond to any of this.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 02/22/2021 2:39 am

That's very impressive. It's one of the best success stories I've seen on the forum. Congrats!

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/16/2021 4:01 pm

What is the current wisdom around time between treatments? For instance, if you're getting full field subcision on both sides of your face, what's the recommended wait time (to heal) before getting the procedure done again or something else done?

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 03/16/2021 5:42 pm

1 hour ago, Tonitrus09 said:

What is the current wisdom around time between treatments? For instance, if you're getting full field subcision on both sides of your face, what's the recommended wait time (to heal) before getting the procedure done again or something else done?

Generally the advice on the forum is 3 months. Collagen takes time to grow and you do not want to disrupt the process with another treatment immediately after. I have heard some Doctor's say 6 weeks but you need to remember they are trying to profit as much as possible. I would stick to one treatment every 3-6 months.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/17/2021 9:55 am

16 hours ago, anon09299 said:

Generally the advice on the forum is 3 months. Collagen takes time to grow and you do not want to disrupt the process with another treatment immediately after. I have heard some Doctor's say 6 weeks but you need to remember they are trying to profit as much as possible. I would stick to one treatment every 3-6 months.

3 months between any procedure? I thought with microneedling and light chemical peels you could get those monthly...? Thanks so much for your reply - I'm eager to learn how best to approach healing / time between scar treatments.

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 03/17/2021 11:27 am

1 hour ago, Tonitrus09 said:

3 months between any procedure? I thought with microneedling and light chemical peels you could get those monthly...? Thanks so much for your reply - I'm eager to learn how best to approach healing / time between scar treatments.

Those types of procedures you can do every 4-6 weeks. I should have specified more aggressive treatments that you can not do at home likehigh concentration tca cross, radio frequency microneedling, subcision or lasers.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/17/2021 3:09 pm

3 hours ago, anon09299 said:

Those types of procedures you can do every 4-6 weeks. I should have specified more aggressive treatments that you can not do at home like high concentration tca cross, radio frequency microneedling, subcision or lasers.

Okay, got it! That's super helpful. Oddly enough I got 2 rounds of Vivace RFM recently only 5 weeks apart. The doctor said it was fine to do it once per month...! I don't know if Vivace is different from other RFM devices but I didn't find my skin needed to heal a ton following the procedure...my skin appeared normal just a couple of days after getting it done. Weird!

Thank you for sharing this info with me  :)  I appreciate it! 

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 03/17/2021 3:28 pm

14 minutes ago, Tonitrus09 said:

Okay, got it! That's super helpful. Oddly enough I got 2 rounds of Vivace RFM recently only 5 weeks apart. The doctor said it was fine to do it once per month...! I don't know if Vivace is different from other RFM devices but I didn't find my skin needed to heal a ton following the procedure...my skin appeared normal just a couple of days after getting it done. Weird!

Thank you for sharing this info with me  :)  I appreciate it! 

So healing is usually quick. For example I have done tca, subcision and erbium laser in the same treatment and besides bruising my skin was healed within 5 days. But there is stuff happening slowly that you do not see day to day in terms of collagen production that may be hindered if you immediately get another procedure. If you want to keep it safe and get the most value out of those treatments it is best to wait 3 months.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/17/2021 3:32 pm

2 minutes ago, anon09299 said:

So healing is usually quick. For example I have done tca, subcision and erbium laser in the same treatment and besides bruising my skin was healed within 5 days. But there is stuff happening slowly that you do not see day to day in terms of collagen production that may be hindered if you immediately get another procedure. If you want to keep it safe and get the most value out of those treatments it is best to wait 3 months.

Thank you! I will do that. I'm glad I was able to learn this...surprising that the providers I've been seeing for acne scar treatment have never mentioned this.  I wonder if it's because they just want to make more money from the treatments by having patients come more frequently than they should...

MemberMember
(@dakotadakota)

Posted : 03/17/2021 4:47 pm

Very impressive improvement,almost miraculous

And without tca cross or micro needling