Notifications
Clear all

Vbeam Close Together With Microneedling

MemberMember
(@teleecom)

Posted : 03/15/2019 7:58 pm

Hi,

I have both acne scars and hyperpigmentation/red marks after suffering from acne. I just started my Vbeam sessions, with around 3 weeks intervall,which should help to reduce the redness.

I'm considering to do microneedling(dermapen) between my Vbeam sessions, for example 1 week after Vbeam. Is this ok, or should I wait until I finish Vbeam treatment? I impatient andreally wanna get rid of the scars and red marks at the same time and as soon as possible.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/16/2019 9:36 am

@TeleecomI would not do V-beam that close together 3 weeks is a short interval. This allow no time for healing and can stunt any progress. I would make it a month to 2 between. As you know it takes many sessions of V-beam to gain the results. No this is not suggested. Needle once a month and nothing two long .75mm to 1.5mm on fattier places. V-beam works by causing energy to create stimulation and heal the wounding. I don't think needling together with it would be wise. You can do V-beam one month, needling the next, then another v-beam and so on. Otherwise you will have to wait. Sadly scarring is a extremely slow process to heal, and it takes many 3 years to get results, you cannot rush the body. There is always makeup while your treating.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Teleecom liked
MemberMember
(@teleecom)

Posted : 03/16/2019 11:20 am

@beautifulambitionThanks for your reply. However, the skin therapist told me the time between Vbeam could be around 2-3 weeks. The longer the wait until next sessions, the less effective results... Actually my next session will take place 14 days after the first session. The day after my first session I didn't get too heavily bruised. Just little red, and some spots were darker than before.Could that be the reason?

She also told me it's possible to do microneedle during the waiting time between the vbeam sessions. (not in the same clinic since they don't offer microneedling).

Now I'm kinda stuck and don't know how to do

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/16/2019 1:04 pm

MemberMember
(@teleecom)

Posted : 03/16/2019 3:17 pm

Hi,

I'm doing a Vbeam treatment for hyperpigmentation right now, and thinking of doing microneedling(dermapen) between my Vbeam session.

Have anyone been doing Vbeam treatment and microneedling during the same period? My skin therapist told me it was ok, but I've also heard that it's not recommended to Vbeam together with microneedling. Just want to hear some more opinions

Many Thanks!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/17/2019 6:58 am

@TeleecomI notice you double posted I moved them together, ... it's confusing otherwise.

1) I don't believe your provider is knowledgeable if she is telling you 3 weeks between, microneedling and all of this at once. Sounds like a terrible(Dr)-therapist/"worker," who is simply going for the sale and doing as much as possible. You are supposed to only needle once a month. Not several times, not between short treatments once a month or more. The owner of owndoc and journals says longer than that but once a month is a good place to plan. V-beam, your doing that, so why don't you finish treatments and then consider microneedling. Our skin is not meant to do quick treatments on, blast with lasers, needle, and hope for quick improvement. Collagen takes 3 months to develop or more. So you tell me when you do all this at once how that will occur. I get your provider told you to do this but their only interest is $$$$.

2) You could actually hyperpigment worse by doing multiple treatments at once, pushing the pigment further down and making it hard to get rid of. V-beam takes many treatments. Sounds like your practitioner is cautious and uses low settings on you. 3 week cascade is crazy, that means very lower settings and more treatments $$$$, not doing higher settings with longer down times. But your provider is liable for your skin so be it, whatever they say and you agree to.

3) Please consult with other professionals for a consultation that are board certified. Even med spa's can give bad advice sometimes. If your asking for them to guess, sure they can do that to your question.

When you get a wound, a cut, a bruise, do you repeatedly massage it and rub it, put serums on it that exfoliate, cause more skin remodeling, etc... as quickly as possible, you know the skin under the surface is regenerating with heat and absorbing blood cells, closing down vascular structures right? Perhaps your skin is sensitive, the practitioner turned it way down and makes you come in every 3 weeks, but why would you needle on top of this creating the potential for hyperpigmentation and to drive factors into the skin while it's"healing."

4) If you did not bruise, ... the newest version of the machine does not do this at moderate settings, perhaps the practitioner used lower settings on you to see if it works, some take 10 v-beam sessions. Ask them to do a stronger setting and you agree to more down time.

5) I realize your stuck, ... finish the v-beam treatments and needle after. IF you want to do both the choice is yours of course.

@acne_skin_queenperhaps you guys can chat. 6 weeks is better time to heal. You also can do stronger settings with this time period.

MemberMember
(@teleecom)

Posted : 03/17/2019 7:33 am

@beautifulambitionThanks for your reply once again. After reading more about Vbeam, it seems more reasonable with at least 4 weeks between treatments. I have decided not to do microneedling, and will instead do it after i finish my Vbeam treatments.

Regarding my therapist, she might be little bit unknownable or want to make more money with low settings and more sessions. However, I cant find that many places where they offer Vbeam treatment, and the place i've been to is the most convinient place to go. And it's also difficult to know which places are good or bad since I live in a small country and probably not many people have been though a vbeam treatment.

I'll ask my therapist to reschedule my treatment and do it once a month(4 weeks is ok I guess?), and with higher settings.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/18/2019 8:15 am

@TeleecomThat is fine if you goto her, I understand it being nearby. But you set the schedule, tell her you want more results and are willing to have more down time. You can do 4 weeks or 6 weeks like acne_skin_queen.