Treatment Plan Schedule

MemberMember
(@ross88)

Posted : 03/16/2019 10:12 am

Hi all,

I've nowhad my first couple of professionalscar treatments :

8/2/19 - Dermapen, Subcision and PRP

15/3/19 - TCA Cross

I plan to have my next Dermapen, Subcision and PRP treatment around the middle of May (and then TCA cross around 1 month after this). My question is around at home derminator and TCA peels which I'd like to incorporate in to my plan.

I'm conscious that I need to allow enough time between treatments for proper healing so how would others advise fitting in the derminator and tca peels in at home based on the below schedule of treatments?

15/5/19 - Dermapen, Subcision, PRP

15/6/19 - TCA Cross

15/8/19 - Dermapen, Subcision, PRP

15/9/19 - TCA Cross

15/11/19 - Dermapen, Subcision, PRP

15/12/19 - TCA Cross

Thanks in advance.

R

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/16/2019 10:33 am

@Ross88I surely did not help you with this plan haha 😉 You have to wait 3 months between all Dr's treatments, collagen is extremely slow to heal. By stacking treatments or doing them so close together you can stunt your skins healing. Many Drs will push multiple things at once and monthly. This is not how the skin heals, but beneficial to their profit. Many treat over 3 years period as they have time and money, there is no rushing the process.

Regarding microneedling you can only do this once a month if you wait the 3 months between Dr's treatments, it is not of the same strength as a office visit. Take out the dermapen, do you subcision with the treatments for sub and prp, buy a derminator and do it at home between treatments, ... I have many also rotate rf needling between subcision sessions as this is more like a laser and less like microneedling at home.

[Content removed]

MemberMember
(@ross88)

Posted : 03/16/2019 11:32 am

Thanks BA. So are you saying that if I wait three months between each Dr Treatment (assume Subcision & PRP together, then TCA Cross 3 months later) I can derminator at home monthly, starting one month after finish the previous DR treatment? eg.

Start of Month 1: Subcision & PRP

End of Month 1: Derminator

End of Month 2: Derminator

End of Month 3: TCA Cross

End of Month 4: Derminator

End of Month 5: Derminator

End of Month 6: Subcision & PRP

Does this make sense? If so, could I replace one of the derminator at home with at home TCA peel at 25% for example?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/17/2019 6:45 am

@Ross88You can do the subcision, prp, and tca cross together. You don't have to separate tca cross from the Dr's treatments. Sounds like your doing the at home path. I even have some that do subcision once or twice a year and do everything else at home while waiting. You can treat when you have time.

You can peel at home between instead of a needling session. You can even wait 6 months between subcisions. We just don't want to treat too soon.

Allow time to heal. We don't want every month to be something. Many treat over 3 years remember.

MemberMember
(@ross88)

Posted : 03/17/2019 10:22 am

Thank you for the reply. The subcision, PRP, TCA Cross and Dermapen are all done by the Dr, it's only the derminator and tca peels at home I was considering adding. If I can combine the Dr treatments with a 3 month gap then I guess there's no need for at home treatments at this stage as you're suggesting it'll be too much and not allow sufficient time to heal?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/18/2019 8:13 am

@Ross88Sure this sounds like a Rullan plan or Chu. They can do all that in one session with the DR. But I tend to tell people, do the microneedling at home between if you wish once per month. But you can just do everything with the Dr, the choice is yours. Everything else looks fine. I don't know the severity of your scars but you might have to do some rf microneedling(this is more like a laser) between the sub sessions(both of these Dr's don't have this machine), goto any Dr who has this and has experience. The needling is completely optional.