Notifications
Clear all

using accutane cream(not taking pills)...when can i have dermabrasion?

MemberMember
(@sophia1984)

Posted : 02/28/2019 4:43 am

hello everyone!im new here! struggling with acne/acne scars for so long........had many treatments that did not help.......finally considering dermabrasion.....BUT!

i ve been using accutane cream (mixing up the pills substance with some retin-A serum) ....it exfoliated my skin but now im off it (for 10 days) so it is back to normal...

can i have the dermabrasion? i dont trust dermatologists so much...many are unreliable

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 02/28/2019 6:39 am

i don't even know how to respond to this.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/28/2019 9:48 am

@sophia1984Why would one mix pills with retin-a? The pills act though your digestive system, the retin-a works through absorption in your skin, you want a topical so all you need is retin-a which is good enough. They are the same thing, one is stronger and meant to take internally. Regardless. It depends on the thickness and condition of your skin. If it's thin you need 6 months to heal after Accutane. If it's just been topical for many months, you stop one week before and get the treatment, then start up once your healed again.

Sure you can have dermabrasion, but only you know the condition and thickness of your skin, ... you need to do what you feel is best. Also many complain that dermabrasion .... are you sure you don't mean micro" dernabrasion is very weak and like a peel. If you do not mean micro. Be prepared many derms have stopped this as the down time is months, you need many o them, the skin is waxy afterwards, and it's painful and bloody. Its sort of fell out of favor when Laser's became a big thing. I suppose it depends who is goind it and how much you trust him, ... I am sure you researched and saw his work to determine.

MemberMember
(@sophia1984)

Posted : 03/09/2019 10:26 am

hello beautifulambition....you helped me a lot! thank u! Yes I mean ''micro'' and peel combined.....the fractional did not work for me maybe the machine e was not good enough? that cosmetic surgeon was unreliable though....i have a lot of scarring its so embarrassing and demotivating! Also one more question: does accutane help with old scarring?cause it does some kind of peel?!thank u!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/09/2019 2:44 pm

@sophia1984Regarding the machine, I like the derminator because it's cheap and reliable. Cheaper than a Dr's visit in fact. No Microneedling does not get rid of scars, ... it simply is a at home safe DIY way of stimulating collagen. It will not replace something like rf needling(like a laser), or a laser. Manual methods are always better for scar work like subcision first. IF you can post a picture I can help. I need to see the shadows your scars make. If finances is a issue I can keep that in mind with the plan.

I would never go chemist mode and mix things, this is how we damage skin. Accutane is not worth mixing with anything, unless your getting pimples and you can do low dose, but you must stop if your going to use retin-a, ... one or the other.

Peels will not get rid of your scars alone. Often a retinol based peel if for discoloration not scars or acne.

No Accutane does not help with scars, it actually makes the skin in a very fragile state, so you need 6 months after to heal before treatment. Your body will be healing for around a year after in total. It can actually cause scars in some people as it dries out the skin and causes constant turnover of the skin thus damaging the barrier. Now if you mean retin-a or tretinorin this is a topical and does not work in the same way. It's to turn over surface skin, and does not work through your gut.

It's best if we start with what scars you have and go from there, peels, needling alone won't do it unless we know the scars for a plan.

MemberMember
(@sophia1984)

Posted : 03/14/2019 3:26 am

how about dermapen? And I got uneven texture that is why I thought of micro-dermabrasion...sth to peel the skin....what do you think?thank u!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2019 8:40 am

@sophia1984I personally don't like the Dermapen, I have observed microtears with it. But if you want to use it that is fine. A manual Dermastamp is cheap as well.

Uneven texture, depends on the case, look up Rullan Phenol Chemical Peel, ... we recently had a member who had great results with her texture after the peel.

Of course you may also do several tca peels, fully ablative laser resurfacing or the above phenol.

Micro derm abrasion works on mild cases, but for many their scars are more severe.

MemberMember
(@vij)

Posted : 03/17/2019 8:41 pm

What you are using is not accutane cream. Tretinoin and Isotretinoin(accutane) are actually radically different.

MemberMember
(@sophia1984)

Posted : 04/03/2019 3:26 am

how about Bellafill??is it available in Europe???

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/03/2019 9:29 am

@sophia1984Bellafill also called Artefill(look up those terrible reviews on Real Self), is a permanent fiberglass ball. Also called PMMA. Search for those terms and a major city near you in Google. UK might use a different name for it, but pmma is the product's contents. Permanent is permanent, ... do not just go inject this into your skin. It was banned from many European countries for side effects, they discovered over the years. Migration as you age elsewhere, granulomas reaction, biofilms, bacterial issues, ... these plus more happen 6 years after injection, this is why most think it looks so good at first. There is no dissolving it like HA. I think a safer product is over dilute Sculptra, injected deeply for widespread and fat deficient scarring. This absorbs in time but provides collagen. Back to Bellaafill, if you have your heart set on it. Get a few HA injections, ... you have to like how they look (and love what it does), then consider it. Many don't realize the cost is often very expensive(compared to HA fillers), we are not looking for permanent results, we want your body to make collagen using the filler as a spacer.

MemberMember
(@sophia1984)

Posted : 04/10/2019 3:48 am

thank you for letting me know....I will not consider it in any case...i had HA injected in some scars.......my face changed completely.......my beautiful facial features changed!luckily it faded away but it took time!!i won't use any fillers again!how about subcision?

i heard actually fraxel dual restore is the most popular and efficient therapy for acne scars.......true?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/10/2019 10:45 am

@sophia1984Please make your own thread we are sidetracking this one, ... thank you 😉 I have 100+ people to help today, ... there was a rush of people.

No fraxel is not always the answer, all treatment is customized, this is why people post acne scar pictures with directional light or a flashlight. Laser some say ruin's their skin or they have side effects. Your being sold by a Dr a bunch of BS. It's a tool like anything else in the right case.

Also if it changed the shape of your face, energy devices can also do this permanently.

Sure subcision is good in the right scar type and those who need it. But if you are doing no filler it will re-attach and do nothing.You would have to do Chinese cupping amazon - and that makes a month of bruising.

MemberMember
(@sophia1984)

Posted : 05/18/2019 10:26 am

Can I Consume Collagen Drink While I'm on Accutane?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/18/2019 11:01 am

@sophia1984 OF course, and supplements that promote this.