Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Have Scars Like Me ?

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/16/2019 1:20 am

Thank you , I will look into that. Hope you're doing well.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 01/18/2019 9:39 am

Floridagirl lasers are absolute waste of time and money, texture damage and far loss and new wrinkles. Unfortunately the sane damage I see from Dermapen. Filler and fat- all dissolved in 3-4 m and the results were not good. I have done Subcision with Prof Chu in the UK, he is against any fillers. I almost came to the conclusion that it is no solution.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/18/2019 10:02 am

@Sibel@floridagirl1991

No response is necessary to mypost here....

I am happy for you both to have a ongoing conversations. I see the potential this post can become a nothing works thread which is just not true.

Read Sibel's Post - thread,Floridagirl if you wish, complicated case. Perhaps you both can support each other.

But I need to remind everyone as I said above on this post we are all unique. You both are not the same age, ethic background, ...nor do you have the same scar types or concerns,health issues, healing type, supplementsyou take, food you eat, daily habits. Nor do you have the same Drs that have treated you. Ifwe analyze both of your cases they are not the same. It seems the commonality here is frustration from complications.

Your not like anyone else on these forums. I cannot over-analyze every choice, health concern, and action done in your life. It all depends on how you heal. I Get your frustration.

We are not your Drs' goto a board certified Dr for help, ... if you want get 3 opinions and choose the one you like best. Your cases have nothing to do with each other or anyone else here, everyone is a individual with a different story.

No scar case is the same, we are not clones, one person could do a million procedures and not be you, your all different ages, ethnic backgrounds, healing capabilities, plans for treatment, outcomes, different surgeons (they treat differently as well), etc, we could go on and on. The point being is never compare yourself to someone else. Sure you can learn from their experience but do we really know every single detail about what was done and why - no. If someone heals poorly or had a poor Dr they typically hang around here.

It can help a lot if you see a therapist because scars are not only external they also effect us internally. Talkspace offers a app for your smartphone to get unlimited therapy or you can see someone locally. Therapy is half of the battle that many struggle with.

It takes time and heal (this is a marathon and not a race, many do treatments every 3 months over 3 years time),... it's slow with lots of treatments.

If is scars do not respond there are some aggressive choices that I would never suggest without seeing a few dermatologists / plastic surgeon's for a second opinion.

Some choices:
1) Do nothing - sometimes this really is the best solution.
2) If they are a a poor healer, anything will make their scars worse, perhaps filler subcision (many times) and clear and brilliant are the best options for these types.
3) Often those who need subcision with pits have not had 6-8 treatments and are slow to respond to the traditional amount or needed "more" filler. 4) Punch excision or Punch float and resurfacing (cutting and lifting, this is done for boxcars / icepicks).
5) Had fat loss from the Dr blasting them with laser, or they were overly gentle (treatments were not strong enough), as such we have to go backwards with more treatments needed and a better Dr to move forward.
6) Get a face lift (to stretch the scars) or a very very aggressive treatment by Dr Taylor in Utah (yes there have been some with botched attempts - but it's aggressive).
7) Sometimes a change in Dr makes the difference, ... had a patient who was not responding to subcision, turns out the Dr was not subcising their scars and just doing one spot / not being aggressive to break the bonds.

It's best if you find a therapist as I feel it's effecting you emotionally and no one deserves to suffer with scars inside and outside, that is half of the battle.

Without knowing all the details of your scar work to analyze where things went wrong I can give generalized advice.

Let's go over some reasons why treatments may fail: auto-immune conditions, smoking, poor health and healing, poor treatment techniques by the Dr's, not doing enough treatments, expecting the skin to be glass smooth and instead having gradual % of change over a few years of treatment - many only get 50%, Doing energy work first and blasting the face thus loosing fat and collagen and complaining it got worse, re-occurring acne and scarring in different places, stress, antibiotics, anti depressants, hard drugs, alcohol and the liver, poor gut health, use of bad products that strip or hurt the skin, microneedling causing more scars when they have poor healing, excessive acid peels taking away layers of the skin. A big one is patients being cheap and not doing enough mls of filler, .5ml is not going to be enough filler for excessive scar work or fat loss. If subcision was done in the past with NO filler then yes it will do nothing, If you goto a general Derm and they are clueless this is also a big one, they can make things worse. Scar treatment is often over years time with excessive time of healing, it's not quick, so mono or singular treatments will not do it for your individual scars. Some people cannot do energy devices like laser - it will literally scar them... can't do microneedling ... can't do peels, all that is left is subcision and filler or invasive face lifts. Also the order treatment is done is very important. We don't pave a road correct before the potholes are fixed. When Dr's just laser they often are not fixing the pits.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 01/18/2019 10:17 am

If Subcision was done in the past with No filler then yes it will do nothing this means that Sub done with Chu is the waste because he does not do filler and against the filler? I just want to understand whom to believe...

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/18/2019 10:27 am

@Sibelyour wearing me out today. I am trying to help.

Please goto any other Dr in London after Chu does your subcision and the swelling goes downand get filler done or if they do subcision then go there any have everything done by one Dr. Goto to some plastics for multiple consultations about what is going on. This is not most acne scar cases I help daily and they are quite severe, again we have other factors here.You are right, your skin is damaged ie. see post with pictures. We cannot replace scar tissue (that would mean excising it or cutting it out), we can only soften it and make it look better.Scarless healing post have been hoping for some magical skin replacement technology for years. There is hope! But I want you to be realistic. Chu did PDO threads, correct...- this is considered filler! The threads are replaced with collagen. Chu does what he does, ... stuck in his methods, ... if you don't like it(your case is complicated, consults with plastic surgeons), then go elsewhere (Dr). You can always post what they say(Plastics) on your thread. I also think a therapist is needed here and I mean that in the kindest way possible. Your skin has scared you deep inside(creating more scars) and I feel it's really hurting you. I cannot empathize the way a trained therapist could with your painful situation. Look at a burn victim, we can improve their scars, give them functional lims, ... but we cannot replace all that widespread scarring with"magical new skin." They have devices but it alters the body and still looks like scar tissue somewhat, it's not what you would consider elegant perfect skin. Most acne scar cases have not had drastic health concerns which lead to widespread scarring and poor healing, ... I do see the damage done to your skin (realism - see her post's pictures). That being said there is hope, room for improvement if you wish, or you can accept it and stop now. With so many things going on with your case, you need to pick the top priorities, or singular things you would like improved aesthetically. Also with someone your age, it's very normal to get filler a few times a year, or a face lift. PDO threads sound like they worked out somewhat for you without complication. If you have seen ""hundreds of derms and plastics"", one has to think there is more going on than just acne scars, what is the missing thing they are not telling us, ... or they would just fix the scars right.