Notifications
Clear all

Linear-ish scars- what to do?!

MemberMember
(@ginal80)

Posted : 12/12/2018 10:22 pm

Hi! Im somewhatof a veteran, as Ive been followingthis forumfor over 10 years, and used to post on another name. Ihad Fraxel whenit first came out, did TCA cross many moons ago, had dry tattooingby Frank, and morerecently have been doing single microneedling (with decent results). I finally found peace with my skina few years back, and realized that my scarring was pretty insignificant, especiallyafter having donesome of the procedures I mentioned above. However, in the last two years, I had afew bad breakouts (which I now managewith supplements + red/blue light therapy) and as a result,new scarring. Single needling has basicallytaken care of the one boxcar scar I had, but I am most bothered and baffled by these new linear (like little slashes)scars I have. I will take some pics in days to come, in hopes thatsomeone can tell me what I might try to improve them. They look like I pushed asharp fingernail intomy skin. Some, I believe, mighteven be a result of my needling and making other scarsmerge together-these oneslooklike linear scarred pores, if that makes sense. They arent terrible, but there are enough of them to create a yucky texture, especially in unflattering lighting.I know how to treat most scar-types, but these little slashes are tricky, and I wonder if anyone can relate or advise. Im a huge fan of needling, but am thinking I may want to try a laser again, as needling for over a year now hasnt given me a ton of improvement with this kind of scarring. I dont think theyre spontaneous, btw.Pics to come! TIA.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/13/2018 10:18 am

@GinaL80For Linear scars they subcise them and use a soft surface appropriate filler to fill linear scars. Laser can also be done once things are raised. I want to warn you the microneedling could be causing these scars or even single needling. Some go to deep, or drag the needle and it causes damage, others heal poorly and are sensitive and it's the worst thing they can do to their skin. They can do a laser treatment after subcision and some filler if needed. Or with some prp as a spacer.