Notifications
Clear all

Want to get scar treatment but not sure where to start

MemberMember
(@curious_cat)

Posted : 12/05/2018 1:25 am

I'm thinking I have a mixture of mostly rolling and some boxcar scars. I went on accutane and finished few months ago but I still have a lot of scars left. What type of treatments would be suitable for my scars? In the summer I'll be travelling to Korea and I'm planning to get treatments done there because I heard it's more affordable. Does anyone have reviews/recommendations of certain clinics in Korea who specializes in scar treatments? Thanks!

acnescar1.jpg

acnescar2.jpg

acnescar3.jpg

acnescar4.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/05/2018 10:54 am

@Curious_Catyou are right, rolling and boxcars. Lots of PIE or redness which is wounding post acne.

I know the places in Korea where the tourists go Renewme is good, they might not follow my recommendations exactly as they are more into energy devices.

Your skin will heal over the coming months so it might be better by the time you goto Korea.

I would do 4sessions of subcision with some filler for the rolling scars, subcision is done differently in Korea, if so do what they offer.

I have a feeling they are going to make you do a Fraxel like product(laser). I would do rf microneedling and possibly low density co2 3-7% with the highest power or Erbium laser. Several sessions are needed.

The summer is not that many months to do treatments. Perhaps also do picosure which is great for your skin type to work on the red -PIE and make more collagen, if not do vacular laser there for the redness as this is the major thing I see right now in the pic.

Wear sunscreen!