Notifications
Clear all

Disguise scars via Dermaflage/primer etc - advice please

MemberMember
(@kman101)

Posted : 11/21/2018 3:45 pm

Hi all,

Not quite a scar treatment query but I guess it fits here better than anywhere else!

I'm a male with moderate/severe scarring. I'm awaiting a consultation with a view to hoping to do something to improve it. But I expect a long difficult journey awaits!

I'm considering ways to help improve their appearance in the meantime. If Icould disguise 2 or 3 of the bad ones, even reducing their harshness, I'd feel better. Options i'm considering:

1. I purchased Dermaflage previously but didn't make a huge effort at getting it right. Seemed difficult. But wouldn't rule out another go if people could recommend it?

2. Primer. I've heard people mention using primer which I know is a pre-make up item for women so i naturally don't know much about it. I've seen people recommend "Clarins" & "Smashbox Photo finish". I suppose my questions would be: i) does it work (at all) ii) is it noticeable when on (as a male I naturally don't wish to be seen to be wearing cosmetics iii) any tips for an ignorant male as to brand and what to look for etc? I'd prefer this option to Dermaflage if it was a goer as it would involve less effort and application time.

3. Any other advice? My current routine involves only a light enough moisturizer so as to not irritate my skin, & usingretin A at night.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/23/2018 9:16 am

I have a topic on male concealer in the FAQ - first post of the scar treatments sub, find that section.

NYX pore filler would help as a primer, or some love porefessional to blur the pits prior to concealer. Goto sephora they will give you a sample to try.

For a male to look natural find a exact match of the skincolor, blend and apply only to the spot with a finger, you don't want a full face look.

Dermaflage is pretty hard to use, lookup how to videos on Youtube.

Moisturize and sunscreen are a must.