Notifications
Clear all

My scars & my options

MemberMember
(@seamonkey01)

Posted : 11/10/2018 4:47 pm

Can someone help identify the scarring in the picture? I have consulted with a dermatologist who suggested fractora ($1000) and an esthetician who suggested RF ($300). I also have the option to do TCA cross with the dermatologist. I never tried any of those options. I've done more than 10 microneedling treatments with very minimal results. What option should I go for now? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

20181110_154130.jpg.ec030591972577bcb7da25bba5012730.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/10/2018 10:05 pm

Fractora is terrible, ... please find another dermatologist, this is baby rf needling. Go with Infini or the other brands if you want to work on those boxcars and icepicks.

You need TCA Cross first, and some subcision first, 4 sessions to raise the icepicks and boxcars before considering any energy devices. Do not do this backwards. Energy devices are last followed by peels or resurfacing with a laser(fully ablative peels).

Further improvement can be had on those boxcars with pro factional erbium for your skin type Or 3-7% density co2 laser at the fullest power angles only to the box car walls(scar border).

You only microneedle at home between treatments once a month (rf microneedling is like a laser). Drs based treatments you get every 3 months, this is how the body heals regardless of Drs pushing sooner treatments for $$$$. Many treat over 3 years, everything is optional.

TCA or Glycolic peels are also helpful to alternate at home monthly. Please use a tretinorin/differin/retin-a cream nightly and a konjac and arbutin cream for cell turnover and hyperpigmentation.