Notifications
Clear all

Medical Micro needling in month 3 of accutane???

MemberMember
(@howty9)

Posted : 09/10/2018 4:54 am

Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused as to why my dermatologist recommended me to do a Medical Micro needling for my third month check up (Which is in 2 weeks) .

She said that my results are amazing and that I'm cleared up which I am, I haven't had a breakout in ages But I have scars on the left side of my face which she says we should just treat them now.

Anyone know what to do?? I'm tempted to do it because the scars are the only thing stopping me from having a clear face. The scars aren't extreme their all the red mark type so not deep at all (not sure what the medical term for that is).

Btw I'm on 40mg for the remaining months of my treatment which is 3 and a half months left .

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/10/2018 5:25 pm

Red is PIE, ... pelase read the FAQ - goto the skin section adn PIE. Wounding post acne is normal, even up to a year. Please look into this. Laser can be helpful as well.

Medical microneedling or just microneedling can help some, ... but also be done at home and is cheap (derminator), ... see the section in the FAQ on microneedling. I cannot say how your body will respond, ... it's a slow process. Peels are also beneficial to some like glycolic (but I would not do this on Accutane). Subcision and filler can be done while on the drug.

You must wait post 6 months for laser treatments that are ablative or peels. TCA cross as well I would wait on.